Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > Esky Helicopters
Reload this Page >

Betapilot im trying to get in toutch with u

Notices
Esky Helicopters Discuss the line of Esky electric helis in here including the Honey Bee, Lama, Belt CP, etc

Betapilot im trying to get in toutch with u

Old 12-13-2007, 04:59 PM
cactus hopper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Betapilot im trying to get in toutch with u

Does he recognize my $250.00 that's in his paypal account? The time for talking is over and I didn't pull the pin too quickly. I'm not the bad guy here, I did what I said I would do. Paypal only gives you 20 days after the transaction to file a claim, I cut him all the slack that I could. The order was not a custom build, all he had to do was throw it in a box, tape it shut and mail it. Surely he should have been able to accomplish that in two weeks. I explained to Rusty in an email that he didn't answer that I would be leaving the state Friday December 14th and wouldn't be back until after the first of the year so I had to have this before then, I also asked him to email me and let me know when he sent the package so I could make arrangements for someone to be here to pick it up. I also sent him an email last week asking for an update which also went unanswered and I know that he has sent pm's to people on this forum since then. Before I placed the order Rusty assured me that I would have it within five to eight days, that was on Nov 27th. If he was in the middle of moving and couldn't do what he said he would do he shouldn't have accepted the order, not to mention the money. At this point I don't want the heli and the parts, all I want is my money refunded back to paypal. As far as this not being the place for this If he would take care of business and respond to his emails this wouldn't even be on here.
Old 12-13-2007, 05:32 PM
xodarap1

It would have saved a lot of stress for you if you would have called him or posted here so one of us could call him on your behalf last week (or before that when your emails to him weren't answered). A lot of us are in touch with him every few days and would have been more than happy to relay a message for you to him if we would have only known. If his inbox was full he may have never even got your email. Hey, I agree that standard shipping is not reliable and in most cases takes too long and using a 2 or 3 day delivery might have been a smarter option and worth the few bucks more to get it by a deadline. In almost every situation, a one minute phone call can clear all questions instantly and in your case of going to be out of town, would have been worth the phone call. Anyway, I'm sure he will be happy to send back your funds, just mail him back the package(s). As long as your PayPal complaint won't impact MY future business with him, I'm a happy camper.
Old 12-13-2007, 05:44 PM
cactus hopper

If it's even been shipped which I doubt, sending it back will be automatic. The post office only holds a package for three days, if no one picks it up they return it to the sender and there won't be anyone here to pick it up. As to whether or not the paypal claim affects your future business that all depends on how he handles the situation; and judging from what I've seen so far I would anticipate that it's probably going to affect your future business.
Old 12-13-2007, 05:59 PM
jaketrouble

i have to agree with catcus hopper.. when anyone has a product for sale they should do whatever it takes to ship it.. ok,,so theres an ice storm..thats fine..but at least if he would have gave the guy a tracking number or a conformation number then that would have been another story.. then it would be the post offices fault. ther post office does do home pick up's..

and he is not answering his emails.. there are many ways to get online.. for instance this,,,

this is an email i received from rusty regarding a fix for the belt slipage on the hbk2.

__________________________________________________ ______________________________
Hey buddy, I am borrowing a friends computer to answer this so if it is okay with you, could you call me at 405-313-[blocked]. I am moving and my internet is down until monday afternoon but the quick answer is yes I do have the solution and have installed or sold over 200 and have yet to hear of another belt issue from those customers. Sorry for the inconvenience with the internet.
Thanks man,
Rusty
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________---
this was sent ot me on dec 9th.. if he can find a pc to write to a potential customer why cant he answer an email from a guy who placed an order over two weeks ago?/ he also managed to get online to get the payment from paypal.. on his contact link there is no phone number to reach him.. come on guys,,, you all know that if you ordered something,,especially 250 dollars worth of products and you sent several emails to ask about it and nobody returned with an answer that you would be upset too.. maybe a lot of you have had good dealings with him.. maybe he is an upstanding guy.. but not to return an email,,,c'mon.... id be pissed too. anyone would be.. for those of you who are rusty's friend,,sorry.. but i dont blame catcus one bit for being upset...all rusty had to do was answer the guys email and all of this would have been ok.. move or no move,,ice storm or no ice storm,, at least answer a customers complaint/concerns... now i know because i posted this that i cant ask rusty to help me out on my hbk2 belt problem,, but thats ok.. i am not bad mouthing the guy,,im just saying a simple return email could have avoided all this..
Old 12-13-2007, 06:37 PM
rcmiket

I will say this. If you (cactus) is the only one having problems with Rusty after all the stuff he's sold (and will continue to sell) the rest of us he's doing a great job. Why don't you take up gregkabob up on his offer?
Old 12-13-2007, 07:03 PM
cactus hopper

It would be pointless and would serve no purpose. I'm not looking for an apology or a lot of excuses, I was just looking for Rusty to do what he said he would do. If I called him or if he called me what could he say? If he told me he was sorry and that he would get it in the mail the first thing in the morning my response would be. If you couldn't get it done in two weeks what makes you think you could get it done in one day. I wouldn't buy it. If he wants to resolve this dispute all he needs to do is simply contact paypal and refund my money. His account will be back in good standing or whatever standing it was in and end of problem. Simple as that.
Old 12-13-2007, 07:06 PM
rcmiket

I guess I just thought it was the "grown up" thing to do. Sorry.
Old 12-13-2007, 07:35 PM
jaketrouble

i still have to agree with cactus hopper.... ANYONE of you guys orders 250 dollars worth of stuff... 2 weeks goes by and nothing arrives. you try numerous times sending pm's and emails and you get no answer.. what would you do or think.. how is a phone call going to make anything better??' all rusty would be able to do is assure him things are ok... but how does cactus know that for sure when it was so hard to get a hold of him in the first place.

a person should not have to call to get an answer.. thats why there is pm's and emails.. and there is no phone number on rustys site.. sure greg offered to call rusty on cactus's behalf.. thats cool.. but it should have never got this far.. if rusty knew he was moving which i assume he did,,he should have automatically sent all pending customers an email saying sorry but there is going to be a slight delay in shipments... thats the way to do business.. and i know there is/was a major ice storm.. but the guy placed the order 2 weeks ago. there was no ice storm 2 weeks ago.

i know this is none of my business but everyone is blaming cactus... he sent the money,, rusty collected it.. now all he wants is what he ordered.. or at least an explanantion..there should not have to be a go between involved.. as i said earlier,,,anyone of you guys would be pissed too and if you say you wouldnt then you are lying.. i like this forum a lot and everyone here including rusty are good guys..

but 250 dollars aint chicken feed to a lot of people.. and then not to be able to get at least an apology or answer.. you guys can be mad at me if you want to..thats up to you,,, but i still think cactus has every right to be upset..
this is a cut and paste that is on rustys website,,
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________

We test everything thing we sell and focus very hard on customer service, you will never be ignored or talked down to here. Check our site often for specials and new products and feel free to contact us anytime for questions or suggestion or if you just need some advice, thats what we're here for. Enjoy browsing and thanks for visiting us.

Priority Mail - 3 to 5 days on in-stock items, 8-10 days on order or out of stock items.
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ____--

it sure sounds like cactus is being ignored. and he has tried several times to contact him. plus its been 15 days.. again,,i am sorry to put in my 2 cents but everybody else is and they are all against cactus.. put yourself in his shoes. i'm sure evrything will work out for cactus and he will get his money back.. butmyself for instance,,to have 250 dollars of my money tied up for over 2 weeks would hurt me.

Old 12-13-2007, 07:49 PM
xodarap1

This will be my last post on this lol.

If it was me that ordered $250 of stuff from Rusty and it was to be delivered before a set day and it didn't show up I would have:

1. Picked up the phone or posted here to get his number to find out what the deal was and if it hadn't been shipped out, asked for free overnight delivery OR asked for my money to be refunded via PayPal instantly and been done with it - that simple.

2. Uh.. there would be no two unless I wanted to cause trouble instead of being refunded promptly.. but, at any rate, it wouldn't have included filing a paypal complaint (which takes more time than picking up the phone to call the shipper) and I sure wouldn't have treaded water all this time without a call when that option has always been available, sending email after email waiting for email replies or PM's sent to a most likely filled inbox. I would have found out the what was up and adjusted right away.

I guess there are always two ways to look at everything. I like quick workable solutions that do no harm or damange to anyone, but still accomplish the goal, but maybe thats just me.

..and I'm not against anyone.. we are all heli addicts lol. I just can't figure out why he wouldn't pick up the phone.. or post here the day he didn't get his package so one of us could have placed the call for him. THATS the part I don't get lol. If it's important enough to file a complaint against, it's important enough to pick up a phone and try to find a workable solution.
Old 12-13-2007, 07:59 PM
rcmiket

Well said. I'm done with this also. I know down the road when you all are looking for help Rusty will be the first one to offer it.
Old 12-13-2007, 08:03 PM
slicknic

ORIGINAL: rcmiket

Well said. I'm done with this also. I know down the road when you all are looking for help Rusty will be the first one to offer it.
and it looks like his internet is fixed

Users viewing this forum (does not include subforums): Barrrick, betapilot, bigbore, blk822, cactus hopper, ch1, charlieong, civichb98, darthdrk, dillweed, Druss, forrest225, hollywood54, jaketrouble, rcmiket, RussianFlyer, slicknic, STEVESRCWORLD, V8 Aggie, willinathen, Xhilr8, xodarap1
Old 12-13-2007, 08:54 PM
jaketrouble

[sm=72_72.gif] ok,,im done too,,, from what i have read previous rusty is a hell of a good guy.. he does help out a lot of people.. but cactus also has a valid complaint. anyone of rustys friends that have his number and have been vouching for him should have called him to let him know that not only cactus but several other potential customers was trying ot reach him..

i dont see why cactus should have to email,pm and call him.. the email should have been answered right away and all this would have never happened.. to avoid this in the future rusty should like every other reputable dealer include a phone number on his contact info.. no one should not have to play tag using go betweens to resolve issues.. anyway,, i hope everything works out for everybody.

i personally dont know rusty or cactus so dont think i am picking on rusty.. but it isnt 20 dollars,,its 250.. cactus does have a reason to be upset.. seriously,, you know you guys would be too.. anyway,, happy holidays everyone!!!! merry christmas.....

jake. sm=teeth_smile.gif]
Old 12-14-2007, 08:25 PM
betapilot

Cactus has the most valid of complaints and his money has been refunded to him as we speak, It would have been sooner but the person that I borrowed the pc from lost their power shortly after I did and at over 100 emails a day I could not get to them all before we all lost our service down here. I agree with Jake and Cactus that if you give your word you should keep it. I originally intended to take a different approach to this situation as I feel I am at fault but not 100% and things do happen that are beyond our calculations sometimes, I think it goes "the best laid plans to waste". But I am going to simply say this, It is never my intention to defraud anyone of their money or cause them harm or distress for having dealt with me on any issue, I have never claimed to be fast on shipping and tell everyone that I would rather be late than wrong so I do often take more time than originally anticipated but I look at it like if I am having trouble with a bird and it is taking me longer, how long would it have taken a novice and how frustrating would it be for them to have to deal with this. I put my name and reputation on every bird that goes to one of my friends and would much rather get into trouble for being late than putting out a poor product and showing that I do not care about you or your experience. To you Mr. Cactus, whether you want to hear it or not and whether it does any good or not is not the reason one apologizes, it is because they made a mistake either in judgement or preperation and perhaps mine were in both so I do offer you my most sincere apologies for the stress that you been caused, your money is returned and you are whole again. I will offer that if there is anything you need as far as help in anyway I will always extend my services to you and you can still hate me and say bad things about me and wish me the worst, that is your perrogative, but the offer stands regardless.
Old 12-14-2007, 08:43 PM
crimsonrain22

Well Said...............
Old 12-14-2007, 08:57 PM
rcmiket

Second........
Old 12-14-2007, 09:41 PM
jaketrouble

beta,,,it was never nothing personal.. it could have been any vendor he bought from and things would have been just the same.. i am sure you are a great guy.. i have read MANY of your post and they were a big help. and you also have A LOT of follwers witch says something.

well it sounds like you aint too pissed at me and thats good. as i said i would have been on cactus's side no matter who the vendor.. glad to here you are back up and running. maybe to avoid future problems you should think about listing a phone number on your website.

i know it always make me feel more comfortable when i see a # on someones website... no hard feeling??????? jake.
Old 12-17-2007, 08:35 PM
rsking45

Are you back yet Betapilot.I would like to know the status of my order??????????
Old 12-17-2007, 10:39 PM
Optimus110103
My Feedback: (5)

I have been trying to get in touch with betapilot to PLACE an order for a while now but I can't find him. i understand that mix ups happen and from what I have seen for the most part the majority of people are satisfied with his business dealings. and as such I feel comfortable ordering my heli parts from him, at least if I can get in touch with him to do this. anyone who can call him for me and let him know that I need a BL setup for a new HBK2, Id appreciate it, also any advice on this new heli of mine would be great, im new to helis and i need all the help I can get. im pretty proficient (SP) on the sims. but I know the real thing is not the same, and thanks to crashcrash for the advice he gave me as well.
Old 12-17-2007, 10:59 PM
slicknic

Does anyone read anymore? it is said multiple times including this thread PM xodarap1 or gregkabob or others if you cant reach beta and they'll hook you up with his number
Old 12-17-2007, 11:14 PM
xodarap1

I've sent PM's to the few folks in these threads who are looking to contact Rusty. If I've missed anyone, please post again or just PM me and I'll get you his number ASAP. There are many folks here at RCU that can give out his number via PM as well. He did tell us that we could post his number here in the forum but I don't feel comfortable doing that and feel it's something he should do himself if he wants his phone ringing off the hook due to posting it in a public forum that is viewable to anyone - even non-RCU members. :-/
Old 12-18-2007, 03:51 PM
RC David

Rusty is a one man operation and from what I can see, he's EXTREMELY BUSY. I know he's got a list of people that ordered his custom helis and I'm one of them. He just went through a major move to a new home 45+ miles away from the old one. He had to complete this move in the middle of an ICE/SNOW storm. Moving in general is no easy chore so the storm just added to the mess.

I'm sure whoever wants Rusty's services will get them. Just have to let the dust settle and wait your turn.

With regard to his responses, he is trying to do all this at the busiest time (holiday) of the year. That alone will throw a wrench into any plan. To add insult to injury, he's now stuck with dial-up for internet access. I don't envy that one bit.

Hopefully I (and the others that have ordered) will have the heli soon and all will be well.

Dave D.
Old 12-28-2007, 11:17 PM
luvmykids2

Do you know all of what you said for sure?? I am missing 1 heli and 1 Futaba radio for about 2 months now...I really want my stuff back!!
Do you know him personally??
Old 12-28-2007, 11:33 PM
RC David

luvmykids2,

I do not know Rusty personally however after reading all the positive experiences on the net and talking with him several times on the phone I will say I trust him. I know there are a few people that have issues but hopefully they were/will be resolved. I'm waiting on a custom HBK-II with DX-7 and a bunch of extras so I'm hoping they will be here soon.

It has taken a little longer than I expected however but I know he wants everything "working perfectly".

Dave D.

PS If you are the person with the used Futaba EX6 radio, he mentioned to me a couple days ago he was working on it.
Old 12-28-2007, 11:54 PM
luvmykids2

cool! That's me...I am a patient man but starting to get a little nervous!!

Thanks!
Old 12-29-2007, 12:59 AM
blk822

Man I'm also into adult air rifles and there are people that send there rifles off to get custom work and tunes and don't hear anything for months, and some of these rifles cost over $1000.00 and they are spending another couple hundred to get work done. But I have learned that if a guy is highly recomended by fellow forum members then they usually make it right. And sometimes it is better to have that long wait and get a superior product than to have it now. I got my HBK2 from a guy on Ebay and he didn't send the extra battery and it also had a bad gyro. So it cost me a bunch of money and time to fix it, when I could have gotten a tuned and tested heli for a few dollars more and alittle wait and had a flyer and not an unflyable heli. But I learned alot.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.