Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > Esky Helicopters
Reload this Page >

Having a gyro is a nice thing

Community
Search
Notices
Esky Helicopters Discuss the line of Esky electric helis in here including the Honey Bee, Lama, Belt CP, etc

Having a gyro is a nice thing

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2007, 06:50 PM
blk822

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Having a gyro is a nice thing

After last night when ArrowNaughtic and figured out the no gyro problem I was having this is a new heli like it should be. I'm actually getting to hover, not well yetand only like up to 2 feet off the ground but learning control.Even with the stock gyro working it is still a job to keep the tail in. But I have a telebee coming ,should have it on monday. Should help out.Well it's nice to be a HBK2 flyer and not just an owner. Also wrote the company I bought it from to let them know about there bad gyro they sold me , can't wait to see what they say.
Old 12-15-2007, 07:32 PM
RussianFlyer

Default RE: Having a gyro is a nice thing

The stock gyro can hold the tail pretty well despite being only a rate gyro. I found the tail to be a pain at first as well until I tweaked it to hold well in a hover. The better trimmed the heli, the easier it is to fly it. The one thing the heading hold gyro will help with is the tail sway that happens when you feed in more collective. Mine is good in a hover, but bump that throttle stick and I'm chasing the tail as it swings right. Also, remember to teach yourself to focus on the mast/rotor disk and not the training gear for reference. When you take the gear off, you want to keep your reference points for orientation. Good luck and welcome to the frequent fliers club
Old 12-15-2007, 10:18 PM
Druss

Default RE: Having a gyro is a nice thing

I think that for the cost the telebee hh gyro is a great upgrade $40 on ebay and it will hold the tail of the king2, or any other 300 size electric, very well. you definitely don't need the gy401 for the king2.