Community
Search
Notices
Esky Helicopters Discuss the line of Esky electric helis in here including the Honey Bee, Lama, Belt CP, etc

Belt CP Noob

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2008, 02:47 AM
master111400

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Belt CP Noob

Ok so im posting another one. I am now getting a Belt CP. I have ordered the new parts and im just waiting for it to show up. I have been reading plenty of posts about it. I have noticed that people have "belt hop" and plenty of solutions to it. I was wondering other than checking the servos and center of gravity, what do i have to do to get that baby flying. I have heard plenty of talk about lubing the belt. I am confused because i thought belts didnt need lubed. Am i right or wrong? Is it the bearings that need to be lubed? Also, I have heard talk about the pitch of the blades. Do I need to worry about the picth of the blades right out of the box? Any good information on the Belt CP is useful. I will keep looking around and trying to learn as much as I can. If you have any suggestions on other websites that have good information please let me know of that as well. Thanks!

Who doesn't laugh at a good crash?
Old 01-06-2008, 01:44 AM
Druss

Default RE: Belt CP Noob

ORIGINAL: master111400

Ok so im posting another one. I am now getting a Belt CP. I have ordered the new parts and im just waiting for it to show up. I have been reading plenty of posts about it. I have noticed that people have "belt hop" and plenty of solutions to it. I was wondering other than checking the servos and center of gravity, what do i have to do to get that baby flying. I have heard plenty of talk about lubing the belt. I am confused because i thought belts didnt need lubed. Am i right or wrong? Is it the bearings that need to be lubed? Also, I have heard talk about the pitch of the blades. Do I need to worry about the picth of the blades right out of the box? Any good information on the Belt CP is useful. I will keep looking around and trying to learn as much as I can. If you have any suggestions on other websites that have good information please let me know of that as well. Thanks!
the belt hopping issue is mostly with the king2, not the belt cp. the belt is rubber so it can get stiff if left on a shelf too long so lubing it just makes it supple again.

one of the essential tools you should have is a pitch gauge. when you first get the heli out of the box you should check the pitch at low and high throttle. you should also check to ensure the swashplate is level, while in idle up mode check the swashplate at low, mid and high throttle. NOTE*** All of these tests should be done with the motor disconnected from the esc.
Old 01-06-2008, 01:09 PM
evdreamer

I agree with druss about the pitch gauge. The blades can look like they are in the right position but the pitch gauge always tells different. I think the setup out of the box is never perfect so I start from scratch and set it up my self.
Old 01-06-2008, 06:21 PM
eatmydust

When my Belt CP arrived the main shaft was kinda shaped like the letter C. The thing was bent so badly it just flopped over from all the vibrating. Crazy but true.