Notices
Esky Helicopters Discuss the line of Esky electric helis in here including the Honey Bee, Lama, Belt CP, etc

Throttle Problem

Old 01-18-2008, 12:18 PM
flyinsolo11

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Throttle Problem

Hey guys here is a wierd one.

I switched Tx from the Esky one to the Eflite one I had because the Esky fried on me.

Ever since this the throttle is acting weird. When I increase the throttle, the swash goes down instead of up. To compensate for this, I naturally switched the throttle setting to reverse on the Tx. Now the ESC wont run the motor. When I turn it on, it goes BBB BBB BBB BBB instead of B B B.

I am hoping to get a Futaba 6EX soon, but untill then I want to get this thing back airborne. Any ideas?

Thanks for the help!
Old 01-18-2008, 01:27 PM
Druss

Default RE: Throttle Problem

don't ever reverse the throttle setting, you've basically made the bottom of the stick as full throttle and put it into programming mode for the esc. try reversing the elevator servo.
Old 01-18-2008, 01:35 PM
flyinsolo11

Thanks Druss, but nothing.

The elevator did switch, but the throttle problem remains...
Old 01-18-2008, 04:03 PM
Druss

ok, your problem is probably because the jr/hitec servos rotate in the opposite direction from futaba/esky. I'm not sure which exact tx you have but if you can reverse the swashplate mixing on the elevator from - to + or reverse.
Old 01-18-2008, 04:21 PM
flyinsolo11

They are just plain Esky servos. Where are you talking about for the switching from - to +?

Again, thanks for the help!
Old 01-18-2008, 04:35 PM
evdreamer

I think Druss is talking about the mixing in the transmitter. You can't do it with the stock transmitter but you can with one that you can program.
Old 01-18-2008, 04:59 PM
Gittle

Flyingsolo try putting the throttle switch in the original position and reversing the elevator and aileron servos. That will be you only hope of making it work. Also I think if one of the servos is reversed due to the transmitter then you would have to switch them all. So it is possible they will all have to be reversed. Unplug the motor as not to get chopped up and get the swash moving the right direction and then check the throttle. Once you get it right the 4 in 1 will arm. If you get it to arm then you need to check the tailrotor also. Good Luck Gittle.
Old 01-19-2008, 12:24 AM
bkind

To use the efite radio you will have to also use efite servo's. The pitch direction is not changeable in the blade radio. The pitch direction programming in the radio is preset and is separate from the throttle. The pitch function only sees the basic servo motor direction. Efite and esky go in oposite directions.
Example plug a esky servo into a channel and move the stick. Then plug in a efite servo and move the stick in the same way and the servo will move in the opposite direction.
Either here or rc groups there is some info on how to rewire the servos to solve the problem.
If you have servos from your blade change them out and it will work.
Or now might be a good time to upgrade to a radio that has the swash pitch programing option.

Brian
Old 01-19-2008, 12:37 AM
flyinsolo11

Thank you for that info. I think I will go ahead and do that.

That makes sense.
Old 01-19-2008, 07:46 AM
Gittle

I thought that might be the case but, I didn't know if you could reverse all of them or not. After thinking about it you would need to reverse the - and + numbers too along with the servos switches. If you had the other servos it would be easier to just swap them out as bkind said bacause you would have to pull them off the mod them. The mod is easy but you need a small soldering iron and a steady hand along with a good magnifying lamp. What it boils down to is you can reverse every thing on the Eflite radio but the pitch functions. Hmmm I learned something today which is a good thing. It does make perfectly good sense too. [sm=thumbs_up.gif] Happy Flying Gittle
Old 01-19-2008, 01:15 PM
flyinsolo11

It didnt work! When I advance the throttle, the swash goes down.

I dont know what I am going to do...
Old 01-19-2008, 01:18 PM
flyinsolo11

It didnt work! When I advance the throttle, the swash goes down.

I dont know what I am going to do...
Old 01-19-2008, 01:56 PM
bkind

You mentioned earlier that you reversered the throttle. Change it back and the swash will move the right way. Then set the reversing switches also for the aileron and elevator so everything works as it should. Them plug in your motor and it should work.
After all the receiver and servo,s do not no whether they are in a blade or king.
Brian
Old 01-19-2008, 02:14 PM
Gittle

Solo did you change out the reciever on the heli? Or did you change the crystal in the reciever? Gittle
Old 01-19-2008, 02:45 PM
flyinsolo11

The throttle is back to normal- not reverse. The sawash moves perfectly correct in every way I point the cyclic. The problem arises when I throw throttle in there. The swash should go up to increase the pitch of the blades. Instead, it goes down.

I have the eflite Rx on there- when I plug in the Esky one, it does the same exact thing.
Old 01-19-2008, 03:06 PM
Gittle

The only option that you have is to reverse the pitch function. You cannot do that with the transmitter you have. You will have change the servos or modify the servos to change the direction of rotation and then reversing the throttle, aileron and elevator switches. I think that will be the only options. Gittle
Old 01-19-2008, 03:46 PM
ct420

You can NOT use servo reversing to change the direction of an eCCPM function!

120 eCCPM uses 3 servos working together to achieve the desired movement. Servo reversing in the TX simply reverses 1 channel, with no regard to CCPM interaction.

The bottom line is that the programming in the e-flite TX is different from the e-sky TX. There is likely no way you will be able to make it work.

If I were you, I would check classified adds to find a decent computer radio that will work with your heli. Since 2.4ghz is growing in popularity, it is relatively easy to find good deals on used 72mhz transmitters right now. Just about any 6+ channel futaba or Hitec transmitter will work with an e-sky RX (negative shift)

Good luck!
Old 01-19-2008, 04:01 PM
bkind

ORIGINAL: flyinsolo11

The throttle is back to normal- not reverse. The sawash moves perfectly correct in every way I point the cyclic. The problem arises when I throw throttle in there. The swash should go up to increase the pitch of the blades. Instead, it goes down.

I have the eflite Rx on there- when I plug in the Esky one, it does the same exact thing.
My buddy just went through this with his king. He also used the blade trans & receiver. He had to use the eflite blade s 75 servos to get it working.this is important Esky-hitec servos will not work.
If you put the throttle in reverse then the pitch will go the right way. After you do this hook up the motor and see if it is working properly.
Example do you have the motor hooked up and is it arming properly( its a good idea to remove blades while fooling around here) and spinning up.
Brian
Brian
Old 01-19-2008, 04:05 PM
Gittle

ct420 you are absolutely correct but, you can change the rotation of the esky servos to match the rotation of the eflite servos and that will take care of his problem if he doesn't want to by another transmitter. Of course the wise thing to do is by a progammable transmitter but that might no be an option for him right now. So I am saying if it works with the with the esky servos and transmitter then it will work with eflite transmitter and the esky servos with the mod or simply change the servos. It will work. The only difference it the rotation direction of the servos in stock mode. If he changes the esky servos to rotate the other direction he will have to switch the elevator, aileron and throttle swiches when he is done because when you change the servo then the elevator, aileron and throttle will be backwards and you can switch them with the transmitter from the stock position. The transmitter does not have a reverse switch but, it can be done manually with the polarity of the servo motor. Gittle
Old 01-27-2008, 10:01 AM
Braff

I have a new e-sky 4-in-1 controller (EK2-0702A) on my HB CP2 with standard e-sky transmitter (0406A). When I throttle up, it pushes the swashplate up, reducing pitch on the blades (in fact, the blades pitch goes negative with 50% throttle and above). All swashplate controls are correct except for throttle. This is the opposite problem from that of flyinsolo11; so, I am interested in any reasonable solution. Is there a way to program throttle curves in a 4-in-1, or in our case, reverse the throttle curve? Maybe, flyinsolo11 and I should just swap controllers.
Old 01-27-2008, 12:26 PM
Gittle

Braff what kind of servos do you have? If they are eflite servos then you need to switch servos. The controller and servos are they different? That is solos problem. Different kind of servos from the TX and RX equals the wrong polarity in the servo motor therfore resulting in the pitch being reversed not the throttle.
Old 01-27-2008, 02:09 PM
flyinsolo11

To resolve my problem, I switched controllers to a DX6. This way I could use the computer to program the way I want the swash to move. Problem solved- plus I dont have to worry about interference anymore either. I was planning on upgrading to a better system soon anyways.
Old 01-27-2008, 02:31 PM
Gittle

You go solo that is the best move you could have made. Computer Radio is the only way to go if you want full control. [sm=thumbs_up.gif] Gittle
Old 01-27-2008, 05:50 PM
Braff

Gittle,

All of my gear is E-sky: servos (EK2-0500), controller (EK2-0702A), transmitter (0406A), Heli CP2. I wish that my problem was just wrong gear. I believe that my controller was programmed incorrectly. I was hoping that someone here has seen this problem.

I look forward to any help.

Braff
Old 01-27-2008, 07:24 PM
Gittle

Ok if all of the gear is Esky it should work. Look at my pic and see if your switches are configured the same. Put them just like mine and try it. Gittle
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Xv64590.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	47.1 KB
ID:	862861  

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.