Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > Esky Helicopters
Reload this Page >

HBK2 metal head instal ?

Notices
Esky Helicopters Discuss the line of Esky electric helis in here including the Honey Bee, Lama, Belt CP, etc

HBK2 metal head instal ?

Old 01-24-2008, 12:08 AM
belloq

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: HBK2 metal head instal ?

I don't see the flange on those pieces, Druss.

See the attached pics of my metal head. I still think the washout base is where those pieces should be. Now, does the washout have those pieces already? Or are they extra?

Wolverine, what does your washout look like?
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Hf98238.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	42.4 KB
ID:	859467  
Old 01-24-2008, 12:13 AM
belloq

Okay, I take it all back, SB364. Check out this image from Esky's website for CNC head parts for the K2:

http://www.twf-sz.com/english/pic/sjj/0151.jpg

That's from this page. I can't quite figure out what all those pieces are for in part # EK5-0399, EK5-0397, EK5-0396. It seems there are duplicated and extra pieces. Even two different sizes of the flanged brass piece...

And this picture of EK5-0208, which is what started this thread, shows the brass flanged pieces better than the snapshots of the PDF file better.
Old 01-24-2008, 12:45 AM
SuperBee364

I just removed my blade holder to take a picture of it. Here it is... the rubber grommet is not shown, but it would go on the far left of the feathering shaft, next to that dreaded brass piece that is causing so much trouble. : )

Old 01-24-2008, 12:51 AM
SuperBee364

Druss, if you could take a picture of how the factory put together the CNC blade holder/feathering shaft and post it here, that would be great. Belloq has posted links to additional esky pictures that contradict a bunch of esky's other pictures, so now I'm starting to doubt whether or not I have it right in the picture above. Sheesh, I thought this was going to be simple.

Edit: The plot thickens... I bought a spare set of CNC blade grips. This whole discussion had me curious, so I opened it. The hardware it comes with (feathering shaft, bearings, washers, blade grips) does not include that bothersome brass piece. So maybe the new sets don't include it, and it really isn't a necessary piece? Or do they expect that you'll reuse the brass pieces you should already have? Or is the brass piece only needed on the original plastic head assembly? I honestly don't remember when I installed the CNC kit if it came with that pesky brass piece, or if I recycled it from the original plastic head.
Old 01-24-2008, 09:34 AM
belloq

ORIGINAL: SuperBee364
I honestly don't remember when I installed the CNC kit if it came with that pesky brass piece, or if I recycled it from the original plastic head.
I've taken apart my stock head a couple times, and I have not seen a piece like that. I do not believe it is part of the plastic head.
Old 01-24-2008, 11:34 AM
Druss

ORIGINAL: belloq

I've taken apart my stock head a couple times, and I have not seen a piece like that. I do not believe it is part of the plastic head.
it's not part of the stock plastic head, everything discussed in this thread (and even the title) is on the metal upgraded center holder.
Old 01-24-2008, 12:00 PM
belloq

ORIGINAL: Druss
it's not part of the stock plastic head, everything discussed in this thread (and even the title) is on the metal upgraded center holder.
I know, friend Druss. I was responding to SuperBee who asked which I quoted in my reply. I know we're talking about the metal head, but SuperBee specifically brought it up, so I responded.
Or is the brass piece only needed on the original plastic head assembly? I honestly don't remember when I installed the CNC kit if it came with that pesky brass piece, or if I recycled it from the original plastic head.
Old 01-24-2008, 12:05 PM
Druss

ahh sorry dude, just didn't want to get off topic

the piece definitely comes with the cnc head as I've got one still in the package that has it in the bag with the spindle shaft.
Old 01-24-2008, 07:48 PM
wolverine1267

I assembled just like "SuperBee364's" pic above and seems to work perfectly. That pic made all the difference.
It just looks diferent than a stock set-up.
But thanks for all the help.
Old 01-24-2008, 09:18 PM
belloq

I'm glad it worked. And sorry for muddying the waters.[sm=red_smile.gif]
Old 01-25-2008, 04:09 PM
wolverine1267

No problem........
It was good info I recieved, and it also informed others.
Good example of a very Informative Thread.....
Thanks For the Help.
Old 01-25-2008, 10:52 PM
delvallejr

Hey guys!

I just got my CNC head too and was asking myself the same question as Wolverine1267. The one thing I know for sure is that the little brass flanged pieces are not the ones from step 11. My set included one little brass washer along with the other steel washers. The picture in Step 11 is pretty clear that the "yellow" part is the same size as the other. The little brass washer is just slighly tapered. The ""Unknown" pieces are, however, still unknown, and I believe they are in the kit to be able to use the CNC blade grips with the plastic rotor head, or CNC head with plastic blade grips. My gut tells me its the first choice because the feathering spindle that comes with the CNC blade grips is slightly longer than the one that came with the heli.

Druss's post (#4) above has a link to a pretty clear "step-by-step" that puts the issue of the "unknowns" to rest. [http://www.buzzflyer.co.uk/ESKY-CNC-...ild-Guide.asp]

It is also possible that those pieces would only be used in the Belt-CP installation, since the kit is for both models.

In any case...it is an extra part for the full alum rotor head setup pm the HBK2.

Greate Thread!!!! Thanks for the info. I would not have arrived to my conclusion without it.
Old 01-26-2008, 08:33 AM
Fly To Chill
My Feedback: (20)

I just took my belt cp apart and there was no flang washer there i belive it is extra for the washout.my head came with two feather shaft,one is longer then the other!!!
Old 01-26-2008, 09:59 PM
wolverine1267

I got it all assembled as described in SuperBee364 pic. After leveling my swash and setting my pitch I fired her up for a test Hover.
It worked out just great, smooth as can be.
I don't belive you would be able to assemble the grips (Stock or CNC) without these "unknown pieces. I would have to add about 6 more washers using either the stock feathering shaft or the one that came with the kit.
All in All, she's up and flying again and it seems to be holding up just fine.
E-Sky really needs to get some better detail on how to assemble there upgrade kits. There is nothing worse than not being able to figure out what parts go to what and where.
Old 01-27-2008, 03:11 PM
delvallejr

Well...I guess it will work both ways. I have mine flying without and Wolverine1267 with...As long as there is no play...we are go to go!.

Happy Flying!!!!! May the days be calm and your tails not drift
Old 01-29-2008, 05:07 AM
TheStapler

hi

just wondering with the head upgrade can i use my old head feather sharft what holds the blade holders? because the upgraded head is using a diff feather sharft.

thanks

Old 01-29-2008, 05:45 PM
wolverine1267

I found thatI could use either of the 2, It may take a different amount of washers to get a good fit, but they will work.
Old 01-31-2008, 01:18 AM
TheStapler

hi

just want to know with the nut and bolt what comes with cnc head what hold the blade. the bolt seem too big to go through the blades.

should i try using my old nut and bolts for the blades??
Old 01-31-2008, 06:05 PM
delvallejr

ORIGINAL: TheStapler

hi

just want to know with the nut and bolt what comes with cnc head what hold the blade. the bolt seem too big to go through the blades.

should i try using my old nut and bolts for the blades??

I took one of my small phillips screw drivers and slightly reemed out the opening on the blade until the screws would go in.
Old 02-02-2008, 10:32 PM
high flyer 777

I just got my HBK2 full metal head & tail upgrades in the mail. Guess
I was surprised that the parts were fully assembled when they arrived.
These upgrades are going for $70-$72 including shipping on Ebay. I prefer
seller cwto.
Old 02-02-2008, 11:04 PM
Druss

Druss, if you could take a picture of how the factory put together the CNC blade holder/feathering shaft and post it here, that would be great. Belloq has posted links to additional esky pictures that contradict a bunch of esky's other pictures, so now I'm starting to doubt whether or not I have it right in the picture above. Sheesh, I thought this was going to be simple.

Edit: The plot thickens... I bought a spare set of CNC blade grips. This whole discussion had me curious, so I opened it. The hardware it comes with (feathering shaft, bearings, washers, blade grips) does not include that bothersome brass piece. So maybe the new sets don't include it, and it really isn't a necessary piece? Or do they expect that you'll reuse the brass pieces you should already have? Or is the brass piece only needed on the original plastic head assembly? I honestly don't remember when I installed the CNC kit if it came with that pesky brass piece, or if I recycled it from the original plastic head.
Not sure if this is going to help or make things even more confusing.... but I don't have that particular piece anywhere on the spindle shaft.

If I have time I might just take the entire head apart to look for it.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Zw69354.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	54.7 KB
ID:	868597  
Old 02-03-2008, 01:25 AM
SuperBee364

ORIGINAL: Druss

Not sure if this is going to help or make things even more confusing.... but I don't have that particular piece anywhere on the spindle shaft.

If I have time I might just take the entire head apart to look for it.
Thanks, Druss, that's just what I was looking for. It appears that on the more recent CNC kits, they don't include that brass piece anymore. My original kit included it, and the one I ordered later did not. Looks like it doesn't really matter much if you use them or not.

Thanks for pics!