Community
Search
Notices
Esky Helicopters Discuss the line of Esky electric helis in here including the Honey Bee, Lama, Belt CP, etc

Art-Tech Shark 450

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2008, 06:03 PM
xodarap1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Art-Tech Shark 450

I know that Art-Tech is technically not Esky but it's pretty darn close lol so I'm listing this here in case other Esky'ers are looking for the some Art-Tech Shark posts like I was. I found the Art-Tech Falcon thread/section, but I didn't see an Art-Tech Shark section anywhere to list my review of the Shark ..but finally found something here (not sure why) in the "RC Helicopter Beginners Forum:

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_66...tm.htm#6957857

Mods, please feel free to move this thread if you feel it is inappropriate here. I meant no harm.

Thanks,

Steve Evans
Old 01-23-2008, 08:31 PM
starterheli

Default RE: Art-Tech Shark 450

WOW with this and the Belt cp who needs a Blade 400? Not knocking the blade 400 but people waited a long time for it and people have been flying the belt cp for sometime now and it's proving to be a great deal for 200 bucks. The shark has a lot more metal in them heads and a lot more stuff than the blade.
It's good to hear true 3d pilots with trex's praising these more affordable birds.
Old 01-23-2008, 11:53 PM
Druss

Gotta say the canopy is definitely better looking but ....

http://www.rchelicoptershop.com/cata...ion-p-314.html

I'm hooked on esky now.
Old 01-24-2008, 12:45 PM
xodarap1

Well, keep in mind the $415 I paid was with upgrades. Without the fiber canopy, second full blade set, HL Gyro and billet skids it would be cheaper than that CP, and I doubt that RCHelicopter shop's price includes shipping..

All in all, I'd rather pay $415 shipped, WITH a real canopy (and the stock one), more open frame design, better TX, another complete set of blades, better charger, 2200 battery, 30A ESC, HL 2215 450 motor, billet skids, HL gyro, not rate (The Art-Tech HL is much better than the Esky HL A version) and last, have the servo's going directly up to the swash and have the flybar under instead of over the main blades.
To each his/her own though Druss. btw.. Art-Tech is basically Esky lol so they are sister birds anyway so it's like comparing apples to apples.

Even stock, with only the carbon blade upgrade added, it's still more bang for the buck any way you slice it. Check it out:

http://www.art-tech.cn/english/Artic...?ArticleID=170
Old 01-24-2008, 02:24 PM
stump3r

Druss, that's my next bird! Man I can hardly wait to get her! 4 weeks till bonus time!
Old 01-24-2008, 02:38 PM
Druss

ORIGINAL: xodarap1

Well, keep in mind the $415 I paid was with upgrades. Without the fiber canopy, second full blade set, HL Gyro and billet skids it would be cheaper than that CP, and I doubt that RCHelicopter shop's price includes shipping..

All in all, I'd rather pay $415 shipped, WITH a real canopy (and the stock one), more open frame design, better TX, another complete set of blades, better charger, 2200 battery, 30A ESC, HL 2215 450 motor, billet skids, HL gyro, not rate (The Art-Tech HL is much better than the Esky HL A version) and last, have the servo's going directly up to the swash and have the flybar under instead of over the main blades.
To each his/her own though Druss. btw.. Art-Tech is basically Esky lol so they are sister birds anyway so it's like comparing apples to apples.

Even stock, with only the carbon blade upgrade added, it's still more bang for the buck any way you slice it. Check it out:

http://www.art-tech.cn/english/Artic...?ArticleID=170

I can see where you're coming from but the belt cp cf comes stock with cf main and tail blades. the only difference on the tx i can see is the digital voltage display instead of the leds (which doesn't matter to me since I use a dx7), the over/under flybar in reality makes no difference (at least that's what I'm told by a few experienced flyers including BH, the moderator here). I actually don't care about the direct swash linkage because all my larger helis are also not direct swash, if it's good enough for my trex 600N Pro then it's good enough for my belt cp.

Not saying the shark is a bad heli, it looks pretty good, but at this point for me I'm not looking for any other 450 size (don't really need more than 4 right?) but definitely a contender. My issue of course is that if I was looking for another 450 it actually wouldn't be ether of these, probably a copterx (to compare to my trex 450se) or a mini titan e325.
Old 01-24-2008, 04:35 PM
xodarap1

I guess some would prefer the carbon blades and rate gyro over the sharks stock HL and servo setup, but I see it all as personal preference. I just don't see the point of carbon blades sold with a rate gyro. The Art-Tech TX does have some limited options (different modes, flight timer, low battery light etc) and some other confusing stuff that the stock Esky one doesn't have for those that like all that kinda thing. I don't use most of the features just as I won't use most when I finally make the move up to a Dx6 or 7, but there are features that are not on the stock Esky TX. Heheh.. I must be the only person on the planet that thinks most of the new TX features are overkill. To me at this point, the only main advantage and function of the DX TX's that I'd use would be the 2.4 and throttle hold. The sticks are much better and it is smoother, I just can't justify that purchase now when I can fly well with what I've got. The rest of the features I would most likely set up to duplicate the stock TX's config and just fly. Seen too many people at the field trying out their new settings when things were messed up and ditched their birds instead of just leaving it be. The under slung flybar fits sweet in my dual case and makes all the difference between the shark and king2 fitting in my case together or not, so for me, it's important. Performance wise, I think it's a very fine line between most birds in this class and price range, but I haven't flown them all so I won't comment on ones I haven't flown as knowing anything for fact. I have flown the HDX, REX 450's and V2's but still don't see how the REX price is justified over most birds in the clone wars. I think in the air, the V3 is the all around best but I will wait till I own them to form a solid, well rounded opinion. I do plan to add many more 450's (including the BeltCP and CopterX) to the fleet this year so I'll know soon enough what is what and what does what in the air where it counts. The Mini Titan doesn't move me at that price so I doubt I'll be adding that, but who knows, could find a deal. I hope you were only joking about not having more than (4) 450's at one time lol... I was thinking that that's a good starting point heheh. I have no desire to go up into the 600 class so it makes it easier.. this way I'll have more $ for the 450's. A question I do have for you though Druss is how difficult is it to set up a DX6 or 7 to duplicate the stock Esky or Art-Tech settings? I am considering moving up in time but I just want everything linear. Know what I mean?