Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > Esky Helicopters
Reload this Page >

ESKY production shut down

Notices
Esky Helicopters Discuss the line of Esky electric helis in here including the Honey Bee, Lama, Belt CP, etc

ESKY production shut down

Old 01-29-2008, 11:14 AM
cincycunningham

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ESKY production shut down

So i posted yesterday in the beginners forum about my crash and some shops being out of the parts i needed. Today i looked at Jag Hobbies site an he has something posted about ESKy shutting down production untill Feb. Is this something common or because of that huge snow in china (global warming HA). There are like 200,000 people stuck at one train station. I will take alot more interest in that news story if i find out some of those people are the ones i need to make my linkage rods
Old 01-29-2008, 11:16 AM
crimsonrain22

Default RE: ESKY production shut down

Ouch, Looks like I will be flying safer for the next month or so......

Edit:
Found this on there web page:
Esteemed TWF Customers:
On the oncoming Occasion of spring festival,all TWF staff start off on thanking you for your always supports to us!We wish you and your family a happy festival and prosperous New Year!
Our lunar spring festival holiday will begin from 1st Feb to 11th Feb and we will resume to work on 12th Feb.
TWF/ESKY hobby
2008-1-12
Old 01-29-2008, 11:23 AM
flyinsolo11

Bummer, dude!
Old 01-29-2008, 11:50 AM
Druss

Chinese New Year, China basically shuts down for 2 weeks. The thread title is a little misleading though as I'm sure you gave some guys a nasty surprise making them think Esky was going out of business or something
Old 01-29-2008, 12:34 PM
Cigarette38

Thats funny there, reading the title i imeadiatly started thinking how much is in the old paypal account getting ready to buy as many spares as possible [X(]
Old 01-29-2008, 04:06 PM
belloq

Typically, a lot of employers in China experience high turnover during this time because workers go out to find different jobs for the new year.
Old 01-30-2008, 08:21 AM
court461

ORIGINAL: belloq

Typically, a lot of employers in China experience high turnover during this time because workers go out to find different jobs for the new year.
Great, so our new spares will probably be junk for a few months due to the learning curve. I would hate to get one of the first new year brushed motors. it will probably burn out before it makes it out of the box.
Old 01-30-2008, 11:27 AM
belloq

Could be, could be... I know we (my company) experience a few hiccups in production, but more impact is actually in the distribution channel. The production jobs are more lucrative and sought-after whereas distribution (basically moving boxes around and picking product) is not as highly paid and more likely to be affected. I think there's been some talk about providing some kind of a "return" bonus for workers who come back after the New Year and work for x more days... Not sure if that's been implemented though. The effect is, on the whole, pretty minimal.