Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > Esky Helicopters
Reload this Page >

heli wants to go backwards

Community
Search
Notices
Esky Helicopters Discuss the line of Esky electric helis in here including the Honey Bee, Lama, Belt CP, etc

heli wants to go backwards

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2008, 10:21 AM
dwightturner36

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default heli wants to go backwards

ok so i put my new pinion (10 tooth) on my brushless 3900, got a pitch gauge in, set it to 50% throttle and put the blades at zero (both of em). went to crank up the heli , got the spped up but no liftoff. its like its wanting to track backwards. i can give it some pitch forward and it tips up on its toes and walks backwards?? not sure what I messed up but this is a strange one. any suggestions appreciated.
Old 02-05-2008, 10:38 AM
blk822

Default RE: heli wants to go backwards

You set the pitch at half stick in idle up. If you don't ued the idle up then set the pitch at zero at bottom stick. If you set it at half throttle and your not in idle up then you wont get enoughlift. So unplug your motor and turn on the Tx ,plug in the heli and turn on the idle up switch . The swash should move , then set the left stick to half way and then set the pitch to zero. Then turn off the idle up and unplug the battery and plug in the motor, and give it a go. If it still tries to go backwards then check your center of gravity.
Old 02-05-2008, 10:49 AM
dwightturner36

im a lil confused but here goes. I watched a video, so i

1) with tx off unplugged my motor
2) turned on tx with everything in its middle position ( the throttle trim all way down and the 3d switch away from me)
3) plugged up heli and let everything initalise
4) turned the throttle up to 50%
5) put my gauge on 1st blade and set it level to the fly bar (as close as I could) which was 0 degrees on the gauge
6) repeated step 5 with next blade

did i flub this up? thought thatw as the way to do this thanks...

**edited**err ok i just had a thought , so i should set the stick all the way down to zero? instead of half way, is trhis because of the 3d switch that reveres the curve or something? (not that Im gonna use that any time soon)
Old 02-05-2008, 11:29 AM
crimsonrain22

To set your pitch you need to unhook the motor and have the heli in Idle up mode. Make sure you unhook the motor you should get +9 -9 at full up and full down. With 0 at mid stick. In normal mode you should see about +7 -2.
Old 02-05-2008, 06:40 PM
belloq

ORIGINAL: dwightturner36

2) turned on tx with everything in its middle position ( the throttle trim all way down and the 3d switch away from me)
Set the 3d/idle up switch towards you on the stock Esky tx when setting your pitch at 0 deg with midstick on the throttle and all trims at center except for throttle trim at bottom.
Old 02-05-2008, 07:36 PM
dwightturner36

got it guys thanks, i see where i was confused and where i messed up, no wonder the thing wouldn't lift off...