Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > Esky Helicopters
Reload this Page >

**** EK2-0704A GYRO HELP****

Community
Search
Notices
Esky Helicopters Discuss the line of Esky electric helis in here including the Honey Bee, Lama, Belt CP, etc

**** EK2-0704A GYRO HELP****

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2008, 09:43 PM
cwalls

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default **** EK2-0704A GYRO HELP****

OK, I have read forum after forum and spoke to everyone I know of about the GYRO setup. Druss you have been a big help and thanks. I still can not get this crazy GYRO to work. I have the GYRO mounted on it's edge with the servo pins pointed toward the tail. When I first got this gyro I had hooked it up just like the instructions said. The (3) wires plugged into #4 channel and the single wire plugged into #5 on the RX. The bird done fine and when the GYRO switch on the TX was set in the up position the gyro would work in rate mode and come back to center after movement of the stick, when the gyro switch was in the down position (HH Mode) the servo would move and stay in that position and hold, I was told that the single wire did not need to be hooked up on the stock TX. So I unplugged it and now I have no control what so ever. When spooled up and it gets light on the skids, it starts to spin. I have tried to trim it out and move the servo on the boom with no success. I have even plugged the single wire back up and can not get it working like it did when I first installed it. I have exausted everything I know to do. Does anyone have any further suggestions? Thanks in advance
Old 02-18-2008, 11:50 PM
Druss

Default RE: **** EK2-0704A GYRO HELP****

you didn't accidently move the nor/rev switch did you?
Old 02-19-2008, 12:43 AM
DirtyBrad

Try backing the gain down (tiny screw near the light on the gyro). I had a similar problem where the helicopter would start to spin out of control on my first rudder input in either direction. I backed the gain down below 50% and it fixed it. I then incrementally increased it to the max that still held the heading and it works great now.
Old 02-19-2008, 01:15 AM
xodarap1

There isn't any nor/rev on the EK2-0704A but it does make a difference which way you plug in the single wire. one way will allow you to use the TX to switch from rate to HH and the other way does nothing and is the same as having it unplugged. If you turn the gain down below 50% the gyro will be in rate mode no matter what you do with the single wire or rate/hh switch. If you have no control it may be that your servo isn't adjusted on the boom properly and/or your gain is set to low. First thing though..you should check the tail shaft to see if it's bent or if there is any sticking/binding (if you disconnect the tail servo push rod and manually move the tail slide back and forth) because if there is a problem there, it won't matter what you do with the gyro or tail servo adjustments. If the tail shaft isn't bent and there is no binding, leave the single wire unplugged to keep it in HH mode.. and set the gain on the gyro up to 60 to 70%. That setup should allow you to move the tail servo a little bit front or back to figure out how to stop the spin. If you really feel the gyro is acting like it's reversed, you can always try to change the orientation of the gyro until it works like it should. Mounting it with the servo pins towards the tail is how I have mine, but some brand servo's are reversed and it also depends on how you have the servo's mounted.
Old 02-19-2008, 03:27 AM
sollie

Received 37 Likes on 21 Posts

I did mount mine like this fellow:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=f6gbDex7C3g

but that made my belt spin like a wild bird, I have the hs 55 servo on the tail(reversed)

but i got the answers i needed right here:

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_64...page_43/tm.htm

post 1058 /1061 / 1062 /1063 /1068

but as you can see:
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_64...44/key_/tm.htm
post 1094

good luck.

Old 02-19-2008, 10:49 AM
cwalls

I have adjusted the GAIN pot in every position I know of, when the GYRO was working right, I could make a small input with the stick and the servo would hold that position when released. Now all I get is it returning to center. I don't understand why, when hooked back up the original way it does not hold the tail.
Old 02-19-2008, 10:57 AM
DirtyBrad

Do you still have your original gyro? Might be worth putting that back on just to rule out a non-gyro cause.
Old 02-19-2008, 11:03 AM
cwalls

Yae, still have it. Of course this gyro acts just like it because it will not go into HH mode.