Esky Helicopters Discuss the line of Esky electric helis in here including the Honey Bee, Lama, Belt CP, etc

DX6, DX6i, DX7 thread

Old 05-14-2008, 12:42 AM
Zimatosa

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: DX6, DX6i, DX7 thread

Not that we do not want to help you here but you should try and post this question in the electric planes Forum...? I just got my radio working for Helicopters and have never tried to set-up a plane for DX6i...Yet!

Good luck,

Z
Old 05-15-2008, 08:09 PM
Disney1

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Hi All:
Just got a Belt CP and DX6i, have them all set up thanks to the great info on this thread.
Have a question. Flew the heli for the first time today. The responses on the sticks is very touchy. What settings should I use in the Dual rate and Exponential to give me a softer center stick and a responsive full throw.
Have A Great Day
R[8D]N Sr.
Old 05-15-2008, 10:54 PM
brac1960

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

negative values give your sticks more sensativity around center, positive values make the sticks less sensative around center. What so you have it set at now??
Old 05-16-2008, 12:04 AM
Zimatosa

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

ORIGINAL: disney1

Hi All:
Just got a Belt CP and DX6i, have them all set up thanks to the great info on this thread.
Have a question. Flew the heli for the first time today. The responses on the sticks is very touchy. What settings should I use in the Dual rate and Exponential to give me a softer center stick and a responsive full throw.
Have A Great Day
R[8D]N Sr.
I set my expo for +10 and now I use +15 for aileron and elevator (leave the first row of numbers alone and change the second set to plus numbers for more sensitivity). I do not use any expo for rudder, I like the response to be faster with this control....I have not done anything with dual rate thus far. I do not want to get myself ahead of my little brain...
Old 05-16-2008, 12:22 PM
Disney1

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Thanks brac1960 and Zimatosa:
The info was a big help.
Can't fly now as the wind is very strong. Hopefully I will fly later this evening.
I will play with the Dual Rate after I get the EXPO settings happy. I will post the results so we all can leard.

Have A Great Day
R[8D]N Sr.
Old 05-25-2008, 04:57 PM
nitrofevr

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

i am trying to set up a trainer box with my dx6i and i dont know where to go to activate it. the trainer box i am using is a jr max 4 can some one help...
Old 05-25-2008, 06:51 PM
eaglewwit

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I ordered a DX7, and I believe it comes with digital servos. I also have a Telebee HH gyro coming. Are they compatible? Should I use the stock ESKY gyros?
Old 05-26-2008, 01:01 AM
newflyer6

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Wow a lot of good info in here most of the dumb questions I was going to ask have already been answered, yes that means they have already been asked too. I am new to helis so every question I ask seems dumb. I just recently purchased a dx6i for my B-CP and can't wait to get it. I have had one thing after another trying to get everything to work right. The latest sems to be when I get to half stick everything shuts down and my heli crashes to the ground. and I keep loosing my rudder control, the tail rotor will only spin in one direction. I convinced my wife that I needed a trans and reciever and thought what the hell don't want to buy another so went with Spektrum DX6I and hope that this solves the problem she is getting frustrated seeing $500 sitting on my desk.
Old 05-27-2008, 03:48 PM
noginblue

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

hi is it possible to change the control stick inputs or outputs, eg i want the rudder stick to work as the aileron stick and visa versa, i do this on my other controllers by moving wires around, can this be done on the dx6i with out soldering stuff like i usually do cheers
Old 05-27-2008, 06:48 PM
Disney1

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Evening noginblue:
To the best of my knowledge you can not change the stick asignments via the software. I also would be very reluctant to rewire the sticks.
Have A Great Day
R[8D]N Sr.
Old 05-28-2008, 12:29 AM
noginblue

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

mmm great will have to learn how to fly all over again how wonderful
Old 05-28-2008, 04:43 PM
noginblue

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

got my dx6i, have one problem, the front servo is acting wierd when i go left or right with the aileron stick the elev ervo goes the same eg left and it goes up and right and it goes down, only moves a small amount with elev stick moved and the aileron servos also move left and right a bit when i move the elev stick up and down, other then that the rudder works great
Old 05-28-2008, 05:31 PM
noginblue

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

on second thoughts could anyone please take a photo of the inside cause i changed two wires round and now cant remember where they go, any help very much apriciated from you very nice fellows and maybe gals, its left stick throttle as well
Old 05-28-2008, 06:50 PM
Zimatosa

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Photo of the inside of what, the Rx wiring or inside a servo? If you need to know where the wires go hook up the Pitch servo(rear right side looking from back of heli) in 6, Gyro yellow single wire in 5(if applicable), Rudder into gyro and gyro into 4, ESC in 3, Elevator(front servo) into 2, Aileron(right rear on left) into 1....

Hope this helps?

Z
Old 05-29-2008, 07:05 AM
Disney1

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Morning noginblue:
I will try to get time today to get you a picture of the inside of the TX.
For future reference, the DX6i and most DSM type TX's are basicly computers. To change the operation af a joy stick location is usually not as simple as changing a couple of wires. The DX6i is a digital systm, so changing two wires can have odd effects on what happens, from twitchie servos to total failure of the TX. Sorry to say that you will probably have to re-learn to fly.

Have A Great Day
R[8D]N Sr.
Old 05-29-2008, 09:29 AM
Disney1

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Morning noginblue:
Hope the Picture helps. This is a MODE 2 TX.
Have A Great Day
R[8D]N Sr.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ki19338.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	114.5 KB
ID:	959505  
Old 05-29-2008, 01:30 PM
noginblue

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

thanks mate much apriceated for your help
Old 05-29-2008, 04:48 PM
HowNot2fly

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

is anyone using dx7? my heli came with it and the rudder stick is fine but the other stick seems to be very touchy,slightest touch will make the heli very twitchy,how can i decrase the sensitivity? it did came with the manual but i`m too lazy to read 107 pages of dx7 manual , this tx is as complicated as spaceship to me[&:], i`m used to 4 and 6ch simple tx so i have no idea how to deal with this one, def dont want to push the wrong buttons and screw up the settings[:-]
Old 05-29-2008, 05:12 PM
Disney1

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Afternoon HowNot2fly:
I have a Dx6i, but the settings are very similar. You want to go to the setups and in the D/R and EXPO set the EXPO from INH to about +20% the larger the number the less sensative the center point is on the stick, you can set for elevator, aileron and rudder. You also have to turn on the EXPO you can use the D/R setting to asign the off on to a single switch on the TX. You are going to have to read the manual for the DX7 to know how to modify the internal software settings.
The percents above are aproxamate and you will need to set what works for you by trial and error.

Have A Great Day
R[8D]N Sr.

Old 05-29-2008, 05:52 PM
HowNot2fly

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

thanks Disney1, i guess i will have to read the manual, my simple 6ch (art-tech) tx has a switch on it , you can go 100% control or 75% , the 75% is grate for noobs like me , the dx7 is much more complex,at the same time it is much better, many more options and settings,dang it where is that manual , btw i love that avatar
Old 05-29-2008, 05:57 PM
Disney1

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

HowNot2fly I am also a newbie, and have had problems understanding the manual too. It tells you what to do to change settings, but not what those setting do.

Have A Great Day
R[8D]N Sr.
Old 05-29-2008, 06:54 PM
HowNot2fly

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

ORIGINAL: disney1

HowNot2fly I am also a newbie, and have had problems understanding the manual too. It tells you what to do to change settings, but not what those setting do.

Have A Great Day
R[8D]N Sr.
AMEN to that, i guess the manual is for pros,the scary thing is my dx7 came with the es 600 and i def dont want to have any misshaps with this bird,too big and too nice to crash it[:@](oh yeah and too much $ ),to my understanding the dx7 should work with pertty much anything,maybe i should try to figure out how to bind it with my falcon or even hb and practice the settings on those,it would be much less $ if things dont go right
Old 05-30-2008, 09:54 PM
eaglewwit

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Just installed the DX7 and a Telebee HH gyro. After stripping another main gear, everything is figured out except the gyro. I tried a hover but had to fly the tail seemed no gyro effect. It appears that it is working, it initializes, the light goes on, the servo works, but it doesn't react like it should from the videos I have seem. There is no reaction if you move the tail. It doesn't try to correct. The gain is set all the way up on the gyro, and I tried 100 and 72 in the gyro menu on the DX7. Please help.
Old 05-31-2008, 04:09 AM
Zimatosa

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Eagle,

(skip all the parts that you have already completed. I am just explaining how I set my Telebee up from the start)

Fore thought: Your head is moving CW and looking straight at the tail rotors it is moving CCW!!! Make sure if you are thinking heli is going right or left that you are referring to the nose.....not the tail! Belt is not turning tail in the wrong direction??...OK

Make sure that you have the servo for the rudder plugged into the Telebee with the white/positive wire on the top of the 3 prongs. Gyro plugged into channel 4/rudder and single wire plugged into channel 5/Gear? If this is correct, set your radios gyro gain to 25 on the top value and 72 on the bottom(make sure on the main screen that you are not in the STUNT mode for the gyro, if you are, roll to the STUNT mode and click to roll until it says GYRO-SW(or something like that). Also make sure that the TRAVEL ADJUSTMENTS are at 100% and that you have zero sub-trim(and your main trim is centered). Rebind the system and initialize in rate mode(switch flipped to the up position).
Where is the horn on the servo facing? It should be a perfect 90 degree angle up or down considering how you mounted the servo. If not, unscrew the horn and remount at the closest to 90 that you can get...Turn everything off once again and loosen the 2 servo screws that will allow you to slide the servo on the boom(not the ones that attach the servo to the mounts). Keeping the servo horn at 90 degrees, slide the whole servo assembly so that the leading edge of the tail rotors are off-center, and giving the heli a bit of right rudder(leading edges will be facing in toward the boom). The slider on the tail rotor shaft will be very close to being in the center of its movement. When you are satisfied, tighten the screws holding servo and re-initialize with the gear switch in the down position. Next, you have to take the creep out of the servo. Go into the SUB-TRIM menu and add plus/minus sub-trim until you have zero creep on the servo for both of the furthest amounts of travel. You will have to find the best happy medium between them both. Make sure while you are doing this that you make a mental note on whether or not the servos are traveling too far and bottoming out and/or buzzing. If they are buzzing you might want to reconnect the push-rod on the servo horn to a lower hole, allowing for a shorter throw.
Now, go back to the Gyro menu and set both values to 72 for gain...(my values are at 80, but you should start at 72 for both and add more gain if your tail does not wag). Turn system off and REBIND. Test these settings. From here if everything else is correct, you can deduce that your servo or gyro might be in reverse of what it needs to be in....

Good luck and may the schwartz be with you...

Z
Old 05-31-2008, 12:53 PM
eaglewwit

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Thanks Zimatosa, its looks like it was mainly the fact that I needed to rebind. It appears to be acting as it should now. I have to wait for a new main gear to test it though. I owe you a beer next time I am in SJC.

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service