Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > Esky Helicopters
Reload this Page >

DX6, DX6i, DX7 thread

Community
Search
Notices
Esky Helicopters Discuss the line of Esky electric helis in here including the Honey Bee, Lama, Belt CP, etc

DX6, DX6i, DX7 thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2008, 03:48 PM
funflier

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: DX6, DX6i, DX7 thread

Those are the instructions I used to switch a friends dx6i over about a month ago. She made the mistake of buying at a great price from HONG KONG ! [] Oh yes, be sure to take the batteries out when servicing it and also a good idea is to put a grounding strap on your wrist and fasten it to the neg battery terminal. Just in case you have a static discharge.
Old 06-10-2008, 03:50 PM
funflier

They have instructions on the Telebee, I thought that was the whole idea of the Telebee is make you guess and guess again at what you are doing.
Old 07-14-2008, 04:26 PM
Zimatosa

Bumping this thread back to the top for some new folks....

Disregard this post....
Old 07-17-2008, 05:25 PM
Disney1

Afternoon All
I did som testing on the Dual Rates to find out exactly what they do.
I have been trying to get a full understanding of the Dual Rates settings so with the heli down for parts, I did some testing on the D/R settings and here is what I learned, maybe you already knew this.

Setting percentages used are only for testing. Use what you want for flight.
Set the COMBI to use the aileron (or the one you would prefer) switch. With the Aileron switch set to 0. Set the D/R to 100% and EXPO 25%, then Flip the switch to 1 and set to 80% and 15% EXPO Press the roller for 3 seconds and release to save the settings. Go back to the D/R settings menu, and you will see that when you flip the aileron switch that each setting will appear, one set for each switch position. This is exactly what I wanted, because it allows the throw %, and the center adjust % to be used in combination.

For you that are new to the DX6i, the EXPO makes the center of stick area softer to responce. The left setting controlls the percentage of full throw on the servos.

Have A Great Day
R[8D]n Sr
Old 07-17-2008, 05:30 PM
Zimatosa

ORIGINAL: disney1

Afternoon All
I did som testing on the Dual Rates to find out exactly what they do.
I have been trying to get a full understanding of the Dual Rates settings so with the heli down for parts, I did some testing on the D/R settings and here is what I learned, maybe you already knew this.

Setting percentages used are only for testing. Use what you want for flight.
Set the COMBI to use the aileron (or the one you would prefer) switch. With the Aileron switch set to 0. Set the D/R to 100% and EXPO 25%, then Flip the switch to 1 and set to 80% and 15% EXPO Press the roller for 3 seconds and release to save the settings. Go back to the D/R settings menu, and you will see that when you flip the aileron switch that each setting will appear, one set for each switch position. This is exactly what I wanted, because it allows the throw %, and the center adjust % to be used in combination.

For you that are new to the DX6i, the EXPO makes the center of stick area softer to responce. The left setting controlls the percentage of full throw on the servos.

Have A Great Day
R[8D]n Sr

Very nice Ron.....I have not delved into that area just because I was using the ain't broke don't fix it mentality....Now that someone else has done my homework and I have a resource for tech support. I will prolly go here soon....I bet most of us have not even scratched the surface on the potential we have with our Spektrum radio's.

Peace and thanks,

Z
Old 10-11-2008, 12:12 AM
tom_sandiego

Hello everyone,

I have a question for DX6i. How to set up the Gear switch in Heli mode. I didn't see the Gear in travel adj screen. I want to setup the gear switch to turn on and off for landing light.

Thanks
Old 10-11-2008, 04:12 AM
Disney1

Morning Tom_sandiego:
It is very easy. You go to Gyro in the Main menu, and set the Gyro settings to INH. That disables the Gyro function you then use the Flap switch to activate the servo that you will plug into the Gear location on the RX. Do not forget that the Gaer switch in Heli mode becomes your Normal and Stunt Mode switch. That is why you use the Flap Switch.
If you have a Rate Gyro there is no differance in the Gyro operation. If you have a HH Gyro you will no longer be able to TX select between HH and Rate. You will have to manually adjust the HH Gyro to your desired settings.
This info is from Tech Suppoer at Horizon Hobby, and I tested it, It dose work.
R[8D]N Sr
Old 10-11-2008, 07:14 PM
tom_sandiego

Thanks Disney1, you are the man

Tom
Old 10-17-2008, 07:28 PM
Navy_1

great now hw thinks he is a man. Wow. lol its ok Pops when i get my DX6I I will call and have you walk me through it. and see ho fast i can crash. lol at least i will have a empty hanger to crash in
Old 10-17-2008, 07:33 PM
Disney1

You can not crash any faster than I did, Took me about 10 seconds on the first flight.

Old 10-18-2008, 01:51 AM
Navy_1

"M: has us all beat. the only person i know that can make a Electric Heli crash and burst in to flames. he is a crashing GOD we arnt worthey of your greatness
Old 10-19-2008, 03:57 PM
eaterofdog
My Feedback: (1)

I have been flying the DX6i/6200 kit with my King2.

I recently bought a 6100e to install in the king, so I could move the 6200 RX to my 450 build. The 6100e failed in less than 10 minutes, crashing my king. I could hear a capacitor rattling around inside the casing when I inspected it. It went back to Spektrum and they sent a new replacement.

I installed the replacement and the same capacitor broke off in less than 20 minutes. It really tore up the head this time too. Dammit!

I took it apart and the capacitor sits on long legs that are bent at 90 degrees with no support for the capacitor. The legs broke at the top of the solder, due to normal vibration.

I soldered it back on and hot glued it to the board.

Old 11-01-2008, 07:24 AM
Muroc1