Notices
Esky Helicopters Discuss the line of Esky electric helis in here including the Honey Bee, Lama, Belt CP, etc

cnc head

Old 10-26-2008, 05:30 PM
rogerd
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default cnc head

Is there a drop in replacement cnc complete head or can I do it piecemeal?what part should I start with first?
Old 10-26-2008, 08:22 PM
mcdaniel

Default RE: cnc head

HI there
You can get COPTERX v2 IS DECENT cnc head at Extreme lowwwww price. Also the tail is nice this is my Upgrade in belt cp notice that the purple swash belong to ESKY. Everything else is a COPTERX AND comes Assembled. You dont tell ,what is your heli ?,but this is Idea...
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Zw69693.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	157.8 KB
ID:	1059616   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ez83795.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	157.4 KB
ID:	1059617  
Old 10-27-2008, 07:12 AM
funflier

Do not let the the head intimidate you its not really that complicated. After you have to rebuilt it (yes rebuild, as they parts wear out and need periodic replacement) you will be more confident about tearing it apart during tv commericals and rebuilding it. Copter X is about 60$ however if your want a Esky cnc type you can buy a Esky counterfit off Ebay for about 35$ and it will be just fine after you loctite everything properly and will fly just fine. I have 3 of them (parts wear out and need to be replaced also blade strikes are not good for any head.. Several people that fly helis and are Trex owners have flown mine and told me that the were totally amazed at how tight and stable my heli is, even Zimatosa who is my #1 critic liked it
However you do not even need a full cnc head to make it more stable, just replace the washout arm assy with the belt cp one (it has ball bearings) and replace the swashplate with a cnc one. You will be amazed at just what a diff that makes. Along that line I know you already replaced your stock esky servos with some tower pro or equilivent 9g servos to tightin up the play in the cyclic didnt you, along with keeping an eye on the plastic links as they wear and induce play in the system.
Hope this helped you a little.
Old 10-27-2008, 07:26 AM
rogerd

It Helped a lot Thanks so much.
Old 10-30-2008, 04:23 PM
rogerd

Will the E Sky conterfit cnc head on E Bay Take the e sky cnc parts or do you have to buy the conterfit ones . If so where do you get them?
Old 10-30-2008, 08:56 PM
funflier

Yes it does its such a good copy it even has the same shortcomings as the real Esky cnc head. Its just made from lower quality alum is all (still have to retap all the threads to full depth and loctite everything together. Get yourself a 2mm tap and cut it back several threads to make a plug or bottoming tap out of it, and it will do the job. I went to the extent of even replaceing all the screws with longer ones, Start with a screw that is too long and cut it down with a Dremel so it fits all the way in, careful of the threads you do not mess them up cutting it down.
Old 10-31-2008, 06:19 AM
rogerd

OK thanks for the info.
Old 11-01-2008, 05:06 AM
funflier

are those Trex size balls on your swashplate or the stock size?, I was looking at the links and they appear to be trex links.