Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > Esky Helicopters
Reload this Page >

BLADES FOR BELT CP HELO

Community
Search
Notices
Esky Helicopters Discuss the line of Esky electric helis in here including the Honey Bee, Lama, Belt CP, etc

BLADES FOR BELT CP HELO

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2008, 02:24 PM
cjennjr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BLADES FOR BELT CP HELO

Can someone tell me exactly which replacement blades from Align can I use on my incoming Esky Belt CP Helo? I currently have the Raptor G2 and tried to upgrade it (brushless motor, esc, receiver, etc.), and messed it up completely. This is my new project - I want to match the blades with the yellow canopy. Any info would be appreciated.
Old 03-06-2008, 03:27 PM
Fly To Chill
My Feedback: (20)

Default RE: BLADES FOR BELT CP HELO

I heard that blade 400 blades will work!!!!ps elite...
Old 03-06-2008, 03:29 PM
Fly To Chill
My Feedback: (20)

I heard that blade 400 blades will work!!!!ps eflite..
Old 03-06-2008, 04:16 PM
Krashem

Found these on ushobbysupply.com can't say how well they work cause I just ordered them yesterday but Michael the owner says they work great. http://www.ushobbysupply.com/product...roducts_id=305
Old 03-06-2008, 04:32 PM
AZheli

ORIGINAL: tortugadiver

Found these on ushobbysupply.com can't say how well they work cause I just ordered them yesterday but Michael the owner says they work great. http://www.ushobbysupply.com/product...roducts_id=305
I ordered 2 sets of these blades, and commend USHS in getting them in the mail & delivered in short order.

I really wouldn't recommend these blades as a primary replacement, unless there wasn't anything else available, despite the frugal price.

To make them fit right, you will need to drill out the brass insert to 3mm, otherwise the screw securing the blade to the blade holder won't fit thru.

Next, the base of the blade needs to be reshaped so the blade can swing free without binding within the bladeholder. This can be best done by putting both blades together and running your 3mm drillbit thru the insert holes, so that both blades align together. Then shape them with an orbital sander. When done & they fit, be sure to check that they both balance the same.

Also, you really need 2 spacers per blade for the Belt CP, since with only one spacer per blade, there is still about 1mm of space that needs to be shimmed.

And then there's those goofy cutouts that must be covered with the enclosed stickers ...

They are solidly made & look to be nearly indestructible.

I'm still shaping my first set so I can get them mounted properly.
Old 03-06-2008, 05:15 PM
cjennjr

Thanks for the replies, fellas! I think I'll go with the Eflite blades - I don't want to drill and sand to fit blades - I'll probably damage them down the road anyway, and have to get a new set. Once again, thanks for the info. While we're on this subject, what about Align canopies? I read somewhere that they will fit an Esky helo.
Old 03-06-2008, 10:31 PM
AZheli

Just heard back from Michael, at USHS - he checked out the current batch of the Super Durable blades & said that they looked to need 2 spacers per blade & a little shaping of the blade base to get them to clear the bladeholder.

I just finished a little sanding of my first set of blades & they look to fit fine - quickly looked at the blade balance, then installed & spun them up & they look fine. Will probably fly over the weekend.
Old 03-06-2008, 11:00 PM
cactus hopper

Why not just order stock replacement blades from Ehirobo?
Old 03-06-2008, 11:15 PM
mustbfst

I did a post ealier about blades for belt cp they are Eflight part# ELFh1415a these blades fit with no modes and are about 12 bucks 325mm
Old 03-06-2008, 11:44 PM
cjennjr

I ordered the stock variety, but they are white. I like my helo matching in color in all areas (blades, tail fin, canopy, etc.)
Old 03-07-2008, 06:49 AM
chris6414
My Feedback: (10)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I also have a set of these and i have seen them in action(crashes). They are super durable but are considerably shorter than stock I believe they are 290s but they will fly a belt. Have a little more tendency to pitch up in FFF do to their flexibility. Great balance though even after drilling and sanding the roots.
Old 03-07-2008, 05:46 PM
planepounder

Hey the Eflite blades do in fact bolt right on, they fly great and due to the increased length are some what more stable. They do however have less camber( thickness) so you have to play the the pitch curve a little. It is great to be able to walk into the LHS and buy blades for the Belt right off the shelf @ $12.99!
Old 03-07-2008, 10:55 PM
AZheli

Do any of the TREX blades fit the BeltCP without shims or spacers??
Old 03-08-2008, 01:32 AM
cactus hopper

ORIGINAL: AZheli

Do any of the TREX blades fit the BeltCP without shims or spacers??
Not if they are Align.
Old 03-08-2008, 10:46 AM
gene465
My Feedback: (10)

The blade 400 blades work great, I use them in my Belt CP. For Canopys the trex 450 canopy is much better looking than the stock canopy I put one on my Belt CP as well.