Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > Esky Helicopters
Reload this Page >

one way bearing removal

Notices
Esky Helicopters Discuss the line of Esky electric helis in here including the Honey Bee, Lama, Belt CP, etc

one way bearing removal

Old 03-06-2008, 06:14 PM
cincycunningham

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default one way bearing removal

i have the belt cp.

I have went through alot of the posts on here and at this point it looks like i am going to use a couple of sockets to get my one way bearing out of the main gear (which has exactly one broken tooth). I have had less luck finding advice on reinstalling the bearing in the new gear.

any suggestions.
Old 03-06-2008, 06:37 PM
Druss

Default RE: one way bearing removal

stick the gear into the freezer and it will shrink a bit, then use a vice to push it in if you have one.
Old 03-06-2008, 07:34 PM
Muddin_Mavric

wouldnt you want to put the one way in the freezer??? maybe warm the gear up a bit but not to much!

i also just bought a one way bearing removal/install tool for a trex im gona see if that will work for mine later tonight. i can report back later.
Old 03-06-2008, 08:05 PM
Gittle

Put the bearing in the freezer and the gear in warm water. Heat expands and cold contracts. Be Careful when pressing and keep the bearing straight. Gittle
Old 03-06-2008, 10:52 PM
Druss

that's what i meant muddin, to put the one way in the freezer... you obviously want the one way to shrink not the gear...
Old 03-07-2008, 12:15 AM
kenhiraihnl

i bought a b400 main gear w/ one-way ($9), and a b400 main gear w/o one-way ($4)...after stripping the gear in a crash, i tried to get the one-way out, and ended up breaking the hard plastic gear...then i installed the one-way into the other main gear BACKWARDS...when i tried to press it back out, i broke the new plastic gear!!! esky hbk2 main gears w/ one-way are cheap enough (and quieter too)...i can almost change them out blindfolded...i'll never go back to pressing-out the one-way from b400 gears...ken
Old 03-07-2008, 03:59 AM
tom dubya

the main gear for the heli max(part#hmxe8205) works great for replacment of the belt main gear. You just have readjust the preinstalled one way bearing as it may bind a little. But the gear is made of tough nylon and can stand up in crashes.
Old 03-08-2008, 12:28 AM
Muddin_Mavric

that align one way bearing removal tool i got looks like it should work pretty good. i have not used it yet as im waiting for a new gear but it looks like it will work alot better than trying to use sockets and a vise. that is part # k10273ta http://www.ushobbysupply.com/product...roducts_id=241 for $4.20 it cant hert to have it around.

Justin
Old 03-09-2008, 07:21 AM
Cyclic Hardover
My Feedback: (3)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This all sounds fine.= but I just stuffed it in with a vice in a couple minutes and was done with it. Just make sure you put the one way in the right way or the one way wil be the wrong way, Get it ay?
Old 03-09-2008, 09:45 AM
cincycunningham

ive tried it all at this point. no luck, i am mostlikley going to order a gear with the one way pre installed then put this one in the vice and crank on it. i have tried sockets, heat/cool, vice, brass hammer, it is harder to get this bearing in than my boat trailer bearing on the side of I75 at 3AM. I have been somewhat hesitant to really squeeze it with the vice but ***, this is a real pain
Old 03-09-2008, 04:12 PM
Muddin_Mavric

it takes a bit to press it in there. i used a couple sockets and a vice and i had to beat on it pretty good and i kinda mess up the bearing. now my gear has a woble to it. thats why i order the right tool for the job so next time it will be breeze. if your using a vice i would just crank on it till it goes in there. you just want to be watch it so you dont smash the plastic gear at all.
Old 03-09-2008, 05:04 PM
mikea2

I used a C clamp and pressed it in nice and slow. That worked but I don't want to go thru that again. I bought a bunch of gears with the bearing pre-installed.
Old 03-10-2008, 02:42 AM
kennyt

can you please tell me where you purchased thses main gears with pre-installed bearings from? thanks
Old 03-10-2008, 09:10 AM
cincycunningham

I second that statement, where can i get pre-installed one way bearings in a gear that works in the belt CP? This bearing thing is a pain in the butt. Also, my vice sucks. rather that slide it has a fulcrum therfore the side push together on an angle, it is like 100 years old. i am going to look into getting a small vice that slide together perpendicular.

any help on preinstalled bearings would be great
Old 03-10-2008, 12:55 PM
EPHeliGuy

I got mine at RC711 $8.50 each (EK1-0584).
Old 03-10-2008, 03:00 PM
slotdr

OK this post got my attention, I bought a spare one way bearing and a spare gear for my
HBK2, can I just install the one way bearing on to the gear? Or where can I get it already put together fro the HBK2??

Thanks
Old 03-10-2008, 03:46 PM
selime

US Hobby Supply...Michael HBK2 - EK1-0303 - Main Gear Set Include the one way bearing.
[EK1-0303] $5.55

Old 03-10-2008, 04:07 PM
techrtr

Here's a super easy way to install a one way bearing. You take a 3/16" bolt that's about 2 inches long. Put a flat washer on the end and then stick the bolt through the gear you want to install the bearing in. Then you slide the bearing onto the bolt, making sure that the end with the writing is oriented the same way as the original. Press the bearing into the sleeve, just to get it aligned. Put another flat washer, and then a nut onto the bolt. Tighten the nut while holding the head of the bolt, and it will press the bearing into the gear. The bearing will stop when it hits the washer on the other side of the gear and be perfectly aligned. Much better than wacking one into place if you ask me.

To remove a bearing, you use the same bolt and washer, but this time you put a 10mm socket on the bolt so it's on one side of the gear, and then a larger socket on the other side of the gear. When you tighten the nut, the bearing gets pushed out of the gear.
Old 03-10-2008, 08:16 PM
mikea2

rc711 but they are in Hong Kong. Takes a while to ship. Maybe check out the ushobby link above. Seems like a better price. Make sure it comes with the 1way bearing already installed.
Old 03-10-2008, 08:27 PM
mikea2

Selime, do you have a link for that site?
Old 03-10-2008, 09:28 PM
slotdr

OK, this is the main gear I got from Jaghobbies and I also have the one way bearing, is it a project to slip it into the gear.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ay74669.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	38.0 KB
ID:	900428  
Attached Images  
Old 03-10-2008, 10:29 PM
selime

http://www.ushobbysupply.com/....here is the link...I buy stuff from Michael all the time....hope this helps...Steve
Old 03-10-2008, 10:31 PM
selime

http://www.ushobbysupply.com/login.php
Old 03-11-2008, 02:44 AM
kennyt

ORIGINAL: techrtr

Here's a super easy way to install a one way bearing. You take a 3/16" bolt that's about 2 inches long. Put a flat washer on the end and then stick the bolt through the gear you want to install the bearing in. Then you slide the bearing onto the bolt, making sure that the end with the writing is oriented the same way as the original. Press the bearing into the sleeve, just to get it aligned. Put another flat washer, and then a nut onto the bolt. Tighten the nut while holding the head of the bolt, and it will press the bearing into the gear. The bearing will stop when it hits the washer on the other side of the gear and be perfectly aligned. Much better than wacking one into place if you ask me.

To remove a bearing, you use the same bolt and washer, but this time you put a 10mm socket on the bolt so it's on one side of the gear, and then a larger socket on the other side of the gear. When you tighten the nut, the bearing gets pushed out of the gear.
that was pure genius. hope it works just as well for me
Old 03-11-2008, 07:54 AM
slotdr

I do not see anything different on the ushobbysupply page with the one way gear included

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.