Community
Search
Notices
Esky Helicopters Discuss the line of Esky electric helis in here including the Honey Bee, Lama, Belt CP, etc

Blade tension

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2008, 12:31 PM
The Codfather

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Blade tension

I've been experimenting with the blade tension on my HBFP and have found the machine to be less twitchy when I run my blades a little looser than what is considered normal. My hovers at around 6ft of height are very stable. If it wasn't for the tail drift I could take my hands off the controls for a few seconds. I'm tempted to get a HH Gyro for the heck of it and try it. But back to the blades, I think with these FP heli's the swinging of the blades is very important. Maybe I'm wrong, but as the power is applied to the throttle and the blades begin to take on the load and start to flex (change pitch) the blades need to be able to react equally fast in the horizontal rotation as the advancing blade leads and the trailing blade follows. Any drag, especially unequal drag would cause erratic behaviour, nes pas?