Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > Esky Helicopters
Reload this Page >

No Tail Hold - puzzled

Community
Search
Notices
Esky Helicopters Discuss the line of Esky electric helis in here including the Honey Bee, Lama, Belt CP, etc

No Tail Hold - puzzled

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2008, 05:07 PM
DumbDawg
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No Tail Hold - puzzled

Did a replace of the stock belt pulley on the hbk2 with the 43t pulley and a new 3900 motor. I have moved the gyro back and forth along the boom and can't get the tail to hold. I can get it to spin like a clock in both directions slowly at about one third of throttle. Any higher and the tail loses authority completely and the tail spins like a fan. I can hold the tail with a little rudder until I get to about 1/2 throttle and then it breaks loose again. Right now when I get to about 1/2 throttle it will spin CW rapidly and I can stop it with rudder but then it will spin CCW rapidly until I stop it with rudder and then it does the spin in that direction...

Wots wrong?? I don't touch the heli at all when I plug it in. I level the blades before I plug it in and when it spins up.... it spins.
Old 03-30-2008, 07:07 PM
cwalls

Default RE: No Tail Hold - puzzled

I have the same problem with the GY401 Gyro, is it a gain issue or what?
Old 03-30-2008, 07:16 PM
Fly To Chill
My Feedback: (20)

Did a replace of the stock belt pulley on the hbk2 with the 43t pulley and a new 3900 motor. I have moved the gyro back and forth along the boom and can't get the tail to hold. I can get it to spin like a clock in both directions slowly at about one third of throttle. Any higher and the tail loses authority completely and the tail spins like a fan. I can hold the tail with a little rudder until I get to about 1/2 throttle and then it breaks loose again. Right now when I get to about 1/2 throttle it will spin CW rapidly and I can stop it with rudder but then it will spin CCW rapidly until I stop it with rudder and then it does the spin in that direction...

Wots wrong?? I don't touch the heli at all when I plug it in. I level the blades before I plug it in and when it spins up.... it spins.

You might want to check the tail had the same problem and It was my tail rotor was on backwards, so I took the set screw out flipped the whole rotor and that was it ....
Old 03-30-2008, 08:31 PM
cwalls

Got the GY401 figured out, had to reverse the gyro with the reverse switch on the gyro. Works great now.
Old 03-30-2008, 08:33 PM
cwalls

ORIGINAL: Fly To Chill

You might want to check the tail had the same problem and It was my tail rotor was on backwards, so I took the set screw out flipped the whole rotor and that was it ....

What kind of GYRO?
Old 03-31-2008, 09:48 PM
DumbDawg
My Feedback: (3)

Stock gyro... nothing was backwards but I found someone who has some crazy helo skills and took it to him to help me sort out the problem. Turns out the gain was a tad off so the gyro wasn't reacting quick enough and I was moving the servo to much. I thought I wasn't, at a mil at a time kinda thing but it has to be even less when dialing the tail in... on mine it seems anyway. So now my birds flys... is pretty stable with a slow CW turn but I'm goign to tweak it ever so slowly to see if I can't get it more solid on the tail.. Guess a head lock gyro is needed in the future here. That or a T-Rex...