Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > Esky Helicopters
Reload this Page >

E-Sky CNC blade grips are tight!!

Community
Search
Notices
Esky Helicopters Discuss the line of Esky electric helis in here including the Honey Bee, Lama, Belt CP, etc

E-Sky CNC blade grips are tight!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2008, 01:07 PM
Asweptwing

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default E-Sky CNC blade grips are tight!!

I've recently upgraded the blade grips on my HBK2 to the Esky CNC metal kit. It seems as if the blade grips are extremely tight with the stock wooden Esky blades. If the blades are to be loose to the point of moving when the helicopter is turned on its side then the Esky EK4-0004 blades are too tight! Is there something I'm missing in this upgrade? I haven't seen a thread on this but I haven't looked through all the forum yet either. It must be a common issue with all of the people upgrading their HBK2's. Thanks for your input.
Old 03-31-2008, 01:13 PM
Druss

Default RE: E-Sky CNC blade grips are tight!!

The bolt used in the blade grips for the cnc head is larger.... hole on woodies are sized for the bolt on the plastic head.
Old 03-31-2008, 02:53 PM
Asweptwing

Thanks for the prompt response Druss. I didn't even notice the bolt holes were different size but that makes sense considering the size of the attach socket head screws. What did catch my attention was how tight it was to place the plastic portion of the wooden blades into the grips.......I didn't even get to the bolt hole size because this issue came up first. Thanks.
Old 03-31-2008, 03:12 PM
Druss

ahh, the cnc blade holders are really designed for the carbon fiber blades. I use woodies in both my king2 and belt cp though so you can get them to fit.
Old 03-31-2008, 06:02 PM
Asweptwing

The things they don't tell you! Thanks Druss for the information. It explains a lot. I'll be on the lookout now for more 'Gotchas!'.
Old 04-01-2008, 01:56 PM
Asweptwing

Druss...if you're still there. How do you thin down the plastic portion of the stock E-sky wood blades to fit the metal grips? I'm concerned about keeping the surfaces parallel (top and bottom). Is this the issue it seems like it would be?
Old 04-01-2008, 02:39 PM
Druss

I pretty much just jammed mine in there. tight but they fit. if you do want to sand it down a bit and keep it level a belt sander would work best.
Old 04-01-2008, 03:34 PM
Asweptwing

I'll try that. At one time I was told to keep the blades loose enough to allow them to fall when lightly tapped when the helicopter is held on its side. Have you heard that one? If I jam them in the grips they are way too TIGHT to move easily.
Old 04-01-2008, 03:43 PM
Druss

ya, I know what you mean about that. I just made sure I had them as straight as possible and spun up very slowly.