Community
Search
Notices
Esky Helicopters Discuss the line of Esky electric helis in here including the Honey Bee, Lama, Belt CP, etc

ESKY LAMA 4 THREAD

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2008, 06:27 PM
joeyhatch11

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: ESKY LAMA 4 THREAD

Hey Gerald, Please let me know how those 1000mah batteries are. I was looking at them myself but didnt know if they would be any good. I dont believe they'll give you more power just longer run times. Maybe just a few minutes though. It's only 200mah over stock.
I'd like to see a 7.4v 1500mah battery that will fit my lama 3
Old 06-23-2008, 10:16 PM
superstocktx

I bought a 1000mah battery from china for my V4 $15.00 total shipped to the house, works great. Yeah maybe a minute or two more run time, but hey...more flight time!!!!
Old 06-24-2008, 05:45 AM
joeyhatch11

hahaha true. I ordered two of the stock Esky batteries for my Lama 3 from Hong Kong. My packs are getting 11-13 minutes. But I'm still thinking I need another pack or two. Well my Xtreme tail boom and Xtreme shaft should be here today. Can't wait to get that stuff on and take her outside to see how much better she flies.
Old 06-24-2008, 07:52 AM
downunderdog

Its flying a lot better since although not yet as smooth as when i had no upgrades installed. Will keep on tweaking and investigating and let you know if i find any other issues that might be affecting stable flight.
Do a google search of "lama tbe cure" and a lot of stuff comes up. Some things people recommend:

- boiling the blades (I've never done this)
- balancing the blades (pull the pair of blades off with the grips, fasten them back togehter off of the heli, and balance the two cyclic input knobs on film cannisters or similar and ensure that they sit level)
- ensure the flybar is straight and balanced
- ensure the inner and outer shafts are both straight
- lubricate all of the moving surfaces (I did use vaseline where the CNC blade grips pivot on the rotor head when I was having TBE, and it didn't seem to help)
- hang the heli from a fishing line and ensure it's balanced fore-aft and left-right
- ensure swash is completely level

There are a lot of things, or combinations of things, that cause it. You just have to keep eliminating them one by one...
Old 06-24-2008, 08:36 AM
superstocktx

I have 3 battery packs for the V4, the Esky ones are to expensive. then i have to have 2 for the king 2 and two for each of the 3 planes i have, lipo's arent cheap!!!! i see ur in nj. i lived in lakehust for awhile
Old 06-24-2008, 02:14 PM
gerald77

1500mAh would be very interesting!! Will let you know how it went with a 1000. For now i am trying to sort out quite a bit of vibration on the v4.Think i have found the prob,it lies with the centre area,either the `A` shaft or bottom one,seems to be slightly bent from the `quick landings`. Tried to remove the lower shaft collar set but the small screw holding it in place is a toughie. Any idea what i can do apart from applying strength?? Looks like the factory applied threadlock is almost permanent.Help!!
Old 06-24-2008, 02:35 PM
USHobbySupply

When things are locktighted in with red, it requires a bit of heat to 'unlock it'. I use the tip of a soldering iron, and let the heat transfer to the part for a good minute or so. That usually loosens them up!

Michael
Old 06-24-2008, 02:51 PM
gerald77

Thought about heat but wasnt sure. Thanks for confirming i wont be losing my time trying that. Is there any specific reason why they use the red stuff,will my normal TL hold the screw in place once i have put it back?? I still got a lot of tricks to learn by the looks of it. Thanks for your help
Old 06-24-2008, 04:15 PM
gerald77

Interesting to see what some people do.Boiling!? hehehe. Seriously though,i think that my tbe is caused due to the slight bend on the bottom and top shaft. Noticed this today and hopefully will confirm that this is the problem by replacing the parts. Will keep the other recommendations in mind just in case i am wrong. Do some people really boil the blades??? bet they taste better eh?? haha. Anyway,thanks for the advice and for the record......would boil them myself if i knew that would improve my skills!! The force is not yet with me i`m afraid. Cheers
Old 06-24-2008, 05:54 PM
joeyhatch11

Has anyone here ordered from KR's Hobbies? I bought something on Thursday and paid for Parcel Post and still don't have my new tail boom. Or a tracking number to follow it. I thought through Parcel Post your supposed to get a tracking number? Damn do they suck.
Old 06-24-2008, 07:17 PM
GTX SlotCar

......would boil them myself if i knew that would improve....
Boiling the blades is OK, but it takes out most of the flavor. I prefer mine deep fried in batter.

Has anyone here ordered from KR's Hobbies? .....I thought through Parcel Post your supposed to get a tracking number?
I don't believe normal parcel post includes tracking and it takes about 7 days for delivery. Priority Mail does have tracking, but you have to ask the postal clerk to scan the package. As far as I know, KR's has been OK.
Old 06-24-2008, 07:30 PM
Bones27

Boiled blades aren't bad if you boil them in crab boil!
Old 06-24-2008, 07:56 PM
USHobbySupply

Rare for me please!!
Old 06-24-2008, 08:06 PM
joeyhatch11

For a package costing me $10.00 to ship, they sure as hell should offer a tracking number. I'm just pissed cause I ordered other things too that day and I've got them already, some today and one even yesterday. And they were the same distance away if not a little further. All I'm asking is what gives? hahahaha Sorry had to get that one out. Much better now. Thanks hahaha
Old 06-24-2008, 08:16 PM
USHobbySupply

FYI, goldslinger custom flybars for the CX2 and Lama are ready!!!! Nearly unbreakable! (maybe if a mac truck runs over your heli, then they will break)
Old 06-25-2008, 04:05 PM
Bones27

Anybody know where I can download the Lama V4 model for FMS?
Old 06-25-2008, 04:15 PM
USHobbySupply

As soon I get done burning this cd of music, i'll check my esky sim disk, to see if its on there.

Michael
Old 06-25-2008, 04:21 PM
USHobbySupply

Nope not on that disk :<
Old 06-25-2008, 05:08 PM
Bones27

Michael, thanks for checking!

Chuck
Old 06-25-2008, 05:50 PM
USHobbySupply

No worries. I was very disappointed to find that it does not have any models.
Old 06-25-2008, 07:30 PM
joeyhatch11

Someone help. Just got my Xtreme Shaft in the mail today but it didnt come with any instructions on how to install it. I'm a newbie when it comes to this so I'd like to see how it's done before ripping my heli apart to figure it out. Is there a web-site I can look at or maybe a post that someone knows of that will help? Thanks, Joe

Never mind. I figured it out last night. I couldnt wait any longer. I took some things off that didnt need to be bothered with but I guess that's part of the learning process. All is well except for the fact that it yaw's to the right. What can I do to fix this? Will changing the Gain's on the 4-in-1 help that? Note: it was also yawing to the right when the stock shaft was in. So I know it wasnt anything I did during the install.
Old 06-26-2008, 10:54 AM
1morecrash

ORIGINAL: joeyhatch11

Someone help. Just got my Xtreme Shaft in the mail today but it didnt come with any instructions on how to install it. I'm a newbie when it comes to this so I'd like to see how it's done before ripping my heli apart to figure it out. Is there a web-site I can look at or maybe a post that someone knows of that will help? Thanks, Joe

Never mind. I figured it out last night. I couldnt wait any longer. I took some things off that didnt need to be bothered with but I guess that's part of the learning process. All is well except for the fact that it yaw's to the right. What can I do to fix this? Will changing the Gain's on the 4-in-1 help that? Note: it was also yawing to the right when the stock shaft was in. So I know it wasnt anything I did during the install.
good you figured it out.

for the Yaw to the right you need to adjust the linkage on the servo saver.
its the one on the right looking at the heli from the back
remove the linkage going to the swashplate and unscrew it a bit to make it longer.
do it a bit at a time till you get it right.
[8D]
Old 06-26-2008, 05:47 PM
joeyhatch11

Hey thanks I'm going to try that right after I'm done with these HotPockets hahaha Damn I'm hungry.
Old 06-27-2008, 05:51 AM
joeyhatch11

Ok well did what I was told and the heli is good to go. Thanks for the heads up on that.
Old 06-27-2008, 07:42 PM
joeyhatch11

Took the heli out back tonight. Hahaha What a trip that was. Not too much wind, just a breeze every now and then. But I'll say this, my Lama 3 is damn near bullet proof. It dropped out of the sky from at least 30ft up three times and not a problem. Also hit the shed twice, once pretty good too, and still nothing. But to top it all off, a gust of wind took it way out and up, probably 80-90ft up, no lie, and it came down through a tree hitting branch after branch. Still nothing hahahaha. Boy, what a night. Not to sound reckless, I did manage to fly it all over the yard and also through some neighbor's yards too with out killing it. Three packs later and I'm beat. Wish people would post more often. I feel like I'm talking to myself on here. LOL

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.