Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 32 of 143 FirstFirst ... 2230313233344282132 ... LastLast

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: ESKY LAMA 4 THREAD

Looks like you have some nice motors on there
    Sorry, not sure about your question. Hopefully someone else will know.
    If it\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'s not broke, fix it until it is

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: 1500valk

ok, i seem to have a problem with my swashplate on my dauphin. This picture shows what happened when I was just checking some parts for excess play.
    the parts snap back together, but are they supposed to be "two" pieces? If this isn't normal, will just upgrade to the xtreme swash. Any problems with the xtreme swash I need to know about? Direct fit? i don't really have the budget for the rest of the xtreme rotor head parts. (I already have the xtreme taller inner shaft and their white blades).
    Hi from the looks of your outter shaft and the blade holder looks very bent this is probably why your swash blew apart ...bent outer shaft...
    Thanks
    Shenlonco

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Wheelnut

Hi wheelnut may i ask why you like flying your cx out doors over your lama ...?
    Thanks
    Shenlonco

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

actually, the shaft is fine. I was just wondering if snapping the swashplate back together was ok, or would it best be to replace it? Also, how is the xtreme swash? no mod install?

yes, forgot to mention, those are the xtreme motors. very nice. quiet, powerful, very smooth.

Hi all,
    I've just been at my son's School Picnic and went flying a second-hand Lama4 over the street from the beach. I HAVE NEVER FLOWN OUTSIDE BEFORE[]. There was around 5 MPH winds blowing[X(] and I had a fight on my hands sometimes...but I managed to (mainly) keep it under control.[>:] This Lama has a purple alu swash, and extended shaft so I have a hard time trying to strike the blades together (the previous owner had the sense to NOT put the metal blade grips on) and I had no trouble with TBE (sorry hottrk51, but I'm glad you solved your troubles in the end)!!

1500valk, I've never seen the swash do that before...and I've seen a few...you could upgrade that also (the motors are great aren't they) but you are taking a risk that something else will go wrong if you go metal swash (TBE and misalignment which is much harder to solve). I would go stock. Got to mention the expense of metal upgrades NOT WORTH IT MOSTLY - but the Xtreme motors that you've got are expensive also! They provide more power via the airy II blades that I have on my red Dauphin! Sometimes it goes to the ceiling on 1/4 throttle! Other (cheaper) bearing motors that are just as good are here

Tman, I've been there man - and believe me, you are doing this in the CORRECT order (for my story go to post #724 in this thread, near bottom of page 29). I am using these helis to keep direction changing and throttle corrections at the forefront of my mind - but if you want to go outdoors I suggest WORKING UP to a CP heli. They are much more complex by nature and if you don't get it right they will punish you for your mistakes quickly...crash (O s***[:@]) or s*** (crash)[:'(] depending on how much elevation you HAD!

Wheelnut, apart from today, after work I fly a Walkera DF#4 (second-hand from Ebay Australia) that has a Venom Nightranger II canopy. It looks and behave great, and can handle a bit more wind outside. The #4 is close to both Honeybee FP & Falcon 40 (ask GTX re. diffs - he knows).

Zore, I seem to be about @ a similar stage to you (crashing the #4) as your Honeybee FP. They can be really fun - I put superskids on my first DF #4 (new from Ebay Australia) straightaway - so I didn't get frustrated repairing skids - AND IT IS A DURABLE and flyable heli now. FP IS a good middle to the leap to CP.

Everyone, IF YOU WANT TO FLY OUTSIDE IN WIND you can fly a Lama4 or Dauphin, Co-comanche or CX with the battery forward, but if a gust takes it kiss it goodbye. The Lama4 etc are designed for indoors (& light winds outdoors). I am a great believer in using things ONLY as designed!! In 2009, the Big Lama will provide an alternative that is designed for outdoors!

Peter
    P.S. Before anyone tells me, yes I know they are out now - but I would wait to see how good they are for a while![sm=shades_smile.gif]
    HK-450GT (Incognito Mosquito), DX6i (highly modded) ...check out www.RC450.com

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

well, partially I don't want to buy another swash for $4 and pay that in shipping and have it do that again (since they are not made to do that... ).
    I might try the xtreme swash, at 3 times the cost, not sure. My dealings with plastic swashplates from my old Century Hummingbird make me a tad squeamish to go that route. The hummingbird swash was so cheap, that you could see it flex just when it was sitting still.

1500valk,
    If you DO go the Xtreme swash, please tell us how it goes.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

oh, funny story about going to the ceiling. My brother, after seeing my dauphin, had to have one. Well, he got it too close to the ceiling. I warned him that it will "stick" there and when you try to get it down by reducing throttle a bit, all of a sudden, it will just fall. He did. and it did.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

You'll need to replace it as it's broken in 2. Not normal.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

[quote]ORIGINAL: 1500valk

ok, i seem to have a problem with my swashplate on my dauphin. This picture shows what happened when I was just checking some parts for excess play.
    the parts snap back together, but are they supposed to be "two" pieces? If this isn't normal, will just upgrade to the xtreme swash. Any problems with the xtreme swash I need to know about? Direct fit? i don't really have the budget for the rest of the xtreme rotor head parts. (I already have the xtreme taller inner shaft and their white blades)
    MGT racer. Cen Matrix buggy SH 28 mtr.
    HPI lightning 1/10 .21 mtr. Little Chaos .06

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Has anyone seen this yet? http://www.miracle-mart.com/store/in...oducts_id=2710 thats half the price of what I paid for a new Lama[:-]
    Avante2011,Tundra,TT01,Amax,Blackfoot,MB,Hilux Racer,Durga,TA01,02,03,Nitrage5.2,959,E801XT,801X, RC8 Family,and alot more

ORIGINAL: 1500valk

well, partially I don't want to buy another swash for $4 and pay that in shipping and have it do that again (since they are not made to do that... ).
    I might try the xtreme swash, at 3 times the cost, not sure....
    Collector just put up an interesting link to miracle-mart store that has the alu swash you ae looking for @ around $16. So you don't have to pay 3 times the amount on postage!

Peter

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: shenlonco

Because I have not put longer servo horns on my Lama yet. I was waiting to see if you guys could figure out where to get the right servo horns.
    I can fly my CX in winds from 6 to 8mph and even gusting up to 10mph no problem. But it is true that anything above 6mph and it is a real fight, and I am always headed into the wind.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

well, i ordered one from boomtownhobbies, $16 for the xtreme swash, and I needed some other small parts, so shipping was only $6.
    At this point, bananahobbies has not shipped my "A" gear, so I needed to order another one of those from boomtown if I want my chopper to fly anytime soon.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

everyone says these fit

http://www.google.com/products?hl=en...A100&scoring=p

Because I have not put longer servo horns on my Lama yet. I was waiting to see if you guys could figure out where to get the right servo horns.
    I can fly my CX in winds from 6 to 8mph and even gusting up to 10mph no problem. But it is true that anything above 6mph and it is a real fight, and I am always headed into the wind.
    Thanks
    Shenlonco

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

For the standard 8g Esky servo, you can use the Eflite DS751 servo gear set, located here:
    http://www.ushobbysupply.com/product...roducts_id=779

That being the case, any servo arms that fit those would also work.

M
    Michael Bernstein, President, USHobbySupply
    Please PM me if I miss your question in a thread

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: USHobbySupply

For the standard 8g Esky servo, you can use the Eflite DS751 servo gear set, located here:

M
    Would the ones above be correct for the 2.4 V4 lama?
    Thanks
    Shenlonco

M
    Would the ones above be correct for the 2.4 V4 lama?
    CAN'T SEPEAK FOR MICHAEL - BUT I THINK SO! Mostly all the same inside Lamas and 2.4 Lamas.

1500valk, your Hobby site of choice is boomtown - mine is in HongKong (I get parts quicker to this side of the world from there)

Peter

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

M
    Thanks Michael, that is some good info. You will always be my favorite heli hobby shop. I don't see those guys in HK or from Bootown on here helping anyone[:'(]

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Can i just ask a stupid question guy's?I have my V4 coming tommorow.I got one at the begging of the week but things went pear shaped with the shop(long story and i mentioned it in my thread)and took it back.I am determind to get a lama so i ordered one from a different shop.Are the white peices on the v3 extreme tail boom the same as the black peices on the extreme v4 tail boom?Sorry for the stupid question but i was just wandering.Thanks.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Go ahead and CA glue the swashplate together - just a drop spread around inside the bearing sleeve, then immediately press the other half firmly down into it. NEXT, heat up a soldering iron & melt the plastic where it pushed thru the bearing sleeve - the idea is to kinda peen it over so that it doesn't slide back out. CA glue alone won't hold it.

**OR**

Get one of the metal upgrades from DealExtreme.com The swashplate & inner shaft alone are worth the price & shipping is Free. A lot of people don't like the metal bladeholders. I use them on 2 heavily modded Lamas & they work just fine. However, on a nearly stock v3 the metal bladeholders induced some bad TBE & I didn't pursue the matter any further. While you're getting the aluminum uprade set, look at the batteries & the unbreakable blades, also in the Toys/Hobbies/RC Helicopter section - you can't go wrong.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Actually the mounting brackets for the Xtreme boom tails are model specific. Get the set to fit the v3 frame. For the v4, the CX2 version bolts right up.

Also, keep in mind: If you're not all that jazzed about white parts, you can dye the plastic any color you want, by simply mixing up some fabric dye in boiling water & soaking the parts...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Wt59309.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	300.2 KB 
ID:	1087966  

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I already ordered an xttreme swashplate from boomtown. Should be here today, will let y'all know how it works out.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Morning Fliers:

I was just on the US Hobby Supply web site and they have all Xtreme parts on sale for 15% off. Just enter code XDLCX09 at check out. Might as well save some money on those Christams upgrades.

R[8D]N Sr
    The only stupid question is the one you forgot to ask.
    If it\'\'\'\'s not broke don\'\'\'\'t fix it!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Any of you have a blown up 4in1 where the receiver might still be good? I'm looking for one for a little project. 72mhz would be best.