Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > Esky Helicopters
Reload this Page >

just ordered my belt cp

Community
Search
Notices
Esky Helicopters Discuss the line of Esky electric helis in here including the Honey Bee, Lama, Belt CP, etc

just ordered my belt cp

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2008, 09:07 PM
jmann71

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default just ordered my belt cp

just ordered my belt cp. this is my first 450 size helo. i came up from a blade cx and axe cp. anything i should watch out for on these???

Thanks Jason
Old 03-31-2008, 09:25 PM
Druss

Default RE: just ordered my belt cp

I suggest you keep an eye on the esc, there have been problems with some of them. If you have a temp gun use it regularly to check the temps. the shrink wrap goes right around the heat sink, which makes it useless, so just cut a window in the shrink wrap to expose most of it.

If you've never used lipos before read up on them. make sure to never overcharge or discharge to less than 3v per cell.
Old 03-31-2008, 09:41 PM
noobflyer01

nice...she hovers very stable. i first thing you should do is trash that charger and get a good one. i got the triton jr. for about 70 bucks with a astro blinky balancer for 25 bucks. believe you need a good charger. those lipo are expensive and the charger that comes with the belt cp sucks.

also tighten the screws but don't over tighten them. i over tighten my screws that hold the tail boom to the main frame so the boom wouldn't move alittle and loosen my belt. willl i basically striped the plastic treads the screws go in and now its aways loose. i was hovering steadily then suddenly i lost my tail because the belt was loose and crashed it. [:@]

i didn't really repair it. i just took out the 3800kv motor on it and installed on my king 2. took out the head and repaired it and have it ready for my king 2 if i need it. if i want it running again i will need a new frame, a new motor because its staying on the king. i think i'm justing going to scrap it for parts.
Old 04-01-2008, 05:44 AM
Robertwav1

Great Heli! I'm sorta new at this, took me a full battery to tune the thing in the garage. If your graduating from a beginner heli do yourself a favor and turn down the pitch and throttle to a minimum to get started otherwise it freaks out! Again I'm newer and needed to tame this thing for my ability.