Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > Esky Helicopters
Reload this Page >

Size Max For Motor???

Community
Search
Notices
Esky Helicopters Discuss the line of Esky electric helis in here including the Honey Bee, Lama, Belt CP, etc

Size Max For Motor???

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2008, 03:43 PM
PedeBeater

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Size Max For Motor???

I am geting ready to order a brushless motor for a Honey Bee King 2. And I would like to know the max diameter and length that would drop in. The one I am really looking at is 28mm by 35mm. You think that would that would fit?

Thanks for the help.
Old 04-09-2008, 04:23 PM
cactus hopper

Default RE: Size Max For Motor???

The standard brushed motor in the HBK2 is 24.6MM diameter, anything bigger than about 26MM is going to require modification, also a 200 watt motor with a 10 tooth pinion will be pushing the RPM limits of an Esky plastic head and should give you acceptable performance but will not give you "ballistic flying. If you want "ballistic flying get a CNC head and a Z-power 450ACE or a Scorpion HK 2221-8. If I were you I would consider an Esky 3800 or 3900KV or and HDX 3800 but all but the Esky 3900 will require modification.
Old 04-09-2008, 06:06 PM
DumbDawg
My Feedback: (3)

I have an esky 3900 in mine and the only mod you have to do is to put a small gasket or similar under the motor to pik it up a bit. Otherwise the pinion set screw will chew into the main gear. Unless you press a pinion on. The 3800 I believe you have to modify the frame a bit to get it to fit because the motor is a bit wider.
Old 04-09-2008, 07:45 PM
PedeBeater

Thanks a lot. Are these gears average 48 pitch gears? (specificly the pinion)
Old 04-09-2008, 08:08 PM
cactus hopper

They don't tell you the pitch but if you're worried about it there are numerous places online where you can buy a gear pitch gauge. Simplest solution is to buy an Esky motor and an Esky pinion, end of problem.