Community
Search
Notices
Esky Helicopters Discuss the line of Esky electric helis in here including the Honey Bee, Lama, Belt CP, etc

Honey Bee CP2

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2008, 07:12 PM
Cbuf

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Honey Bee CP2

Is anyone aware of a good source for info or manuals to re-align swash assembly. Mine came ready to fly but without much info on lining everything back up after a crash!
Old 07-30-2008, 01:59 PM
RoachDawg

Default RE: Honey Bee CP2

Well I am a first time Helicopter owner / flier. I bought my Cp honey Bee 2 off of Ebay. I had it in the front yard and had it flying in no time. I broke my first set of blades on the first day. No biggie I have a hobby shop in town and bought a new set as well as ordered a set of Carbon fibers for when I get a bit better. Anyways thats not the problem. I had the helicopter in my living room and was checking it out with my dad. I put the battery on and powered the controller up and was showing my dad how the servos worked and such when the chopper just started to power up and wanted to take off in my living room. I tried to shut it down but before I could get the battery out the motor was already smoking. Now my chopper won't fly. I can power it up and move servos but thats about it. I am wondering if the controller has a flaw in it or what the deal with it trying to take off was since I had the Controller pitch at the lowest for the throttle and the throttle wasn't up it was at the bottom setting. Can some one help me understand what happened. I am going to take it in to the hobby shop and change out the motor.

Thanks again for any help...!!!!
Old 07-30-2008, 07:11 PM
grawyl

sounds like you pushed the idle up switch towards you. This will set the motor at about 80% power (or more) no mater where the stick is. This setting is used for 3d flight (upside down) and alows positive and negitive pitch while still applying power to motor
Old 10-08-2008, 12:46 PM
Thrasher187

can anyone tell me if the E-flight Blade CP main fame will work in my Esky CP2?
Old 10-11-2008, 03:05 PM
Thrasher187

To answer my own question! The main frame from the e-flite blade cp is not an exact match, if you want to use the e-flite frame you must also replace the “main shaft & drive gearâ€

note: the e-flight frame seems a lot better than the e-sky. The servos are very easy to install using zip ties(no screws) and the mounting holes for the skids seem stronger. The only problem found so far is the gear on the motor and the drive gear don't line up perfectly but I am sure it will work.....