Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > Esky Helicopters
Reload this Page >

Lama V3 maingear slipping

Community
Search
Notices
Esky Helicopters Discuss the line of Esky electric helis in here including the Honey Bee, Lama, Belt CP, etc

Lama V3 maingear slipping

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2008, 07:12 PM
DumbDawg
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lama V3 maingear slipping

The bottom most main gear on the Lama V3 has two screws in the plastic bit to hold the main shaft from turning. Thats what its supposed to do although mine spins almost freely . I've tried tightening them up carefully and one I may have stripped somewhat. Just not much plastic there to get a good bite.

So how do you solve this??? The main shaft with the flat spot looks awefully small to drill. To drill or not to drill?? What is the solution!!
Old 04-26-2008, 08:27 PM
noobflyer01

Default RE: Lama V3 maingear slipping

your real solution is to buy the main gear. i think your main gear is cracked where it bolts on to the main shaft. about every 3-4 crashes and the main gear is toast. the plastic main gear is very weak. and its always the same gear that breaks.
Old 04-26-2008, 08:47 PM
DumbDawg

Well I got to thinking maybe a bit of CA on the screw threads might help. I can't see that the gear is cracked or split. But I may be forced to buy another main gear... smeg
Old 04-26-2008, 09:01 PM
noobflyer01

trust me on that. i have had that problem numerous times on my co-ax. it could be a hair line fracture and its no good. the ugly part of this whole thing is that weak plastic POS is too costly. i had the mash rescue co-ax and that main gear part cost me 12 bucks at the LHS. i think i broke a total of 4 or 5 of them. I was flying it around my pool and one thing lead to another and it ended up...yup you guessed it ...in the pool. that's when i give up on co-ax and bought my very first HBK2 and never looked back.
Old 04-26-2008, 09:30 PM
DumbDawg

I have my HBK2 for outside flying but the Lama is for indoor, snottie weather outside flying. Guess I'd better oder a couple spares then too. Anyone make a better gear, like Xreme???
Old 10-31-2008, 09:20 AM
jon8christine
My Feedback: (2)

I'll resurrect this thread since I can't find anything else similar....Anyway. My outer main gear has a metal collar that the screws are set in and then they tighten throught the plastic gear onto the two flat spots. Never any problems...with that gear. The problem I am having is with the inner (bottom blades) gear. It is now slipping on it's shaft. Is that gear/shaft combo factory pressed together and unrepairable, or has someone successfully repaired it??? The gear is in great shape is just spins on it's shaft. I tired superglue, but that only held for about 30 seconds. Anyone...