Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > Esky Helicopters
Reload this Page >

which balance charger

Community
Search
Notices
Esky Helicopters Discuss the line of Esky electric helis in here including the Honey Bee, Lama, Belt CP, etc

which balance charger

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2008, 04:38 PM
noginblue

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default which balance charger

i am looking for advise or opinions on balance chargers, i have batteries ranging from 250mah to 2100mah so need a charger that wil do this range, was looking at iether the imax b5 or imax b6, any one got one and how well do they balance charge the batteries, also any other chargers in this price range (60 squid) that are good at balance charging, also like the look of the b6 as you can parallel charge two packs, how does this work when there is only one balance lead plug on the charger, any one care to explain to me cheers
Old 04-27-2008, 05:55 PM
Rosebud6

Default RE: which balance charger

Im not sure about those. I bought a PolyCharger4. It allows you to parallel charge 4 batteries @ once but you have to by a balancer for each port. I've been trying without a balancer and monitoring the batteries before and after each flight. So for so good, each cell balanced proper. Every 4 or 5 charges I use the the stock chargers to balance them. It also covers the ranges your looking for.

Steve
Old 04-27-2008, 06:04 PM
xodarap1

I have been using 2 of the iMax B6's and they have been great. There are plenty of threads and reviews about them not performing well and having other issues, but I have had no problems with them. I charge/balance all size Li-Po's with them, stand alone and in series. My suggestion would be to try it if you don't mind taking the risk as I did. If you don't like it or if it doesn't perform to your standards, you can always exchange/return it and get something else. But, if it does perform well as mine have, you will have 2 chargers for the price of one of the more expensive makes. I have no problem exchanging things until I get something that works well, but these have from day one for months of use.
Here is a thread on another forum where a nice person posted some reviews and data on chargers:

Look at post# 34

http://www.helifreak.com/showthread....358#post650358
Old 04-28-2008, 10:06 PM
Druss

thunder power 610C