Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > Esky Helicopters
Reload this Page >

Esky dauphin RTF co-axial

Community
Search
Notices
Esky Helicopters Discuss the line of Esky electric helis in here including the Honey Bee, Lama, Belt CP, etc

Esky dauphin RTF co-axial

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2009, 02:32 AM
pgroom_68

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Esky dauphin RTF co-axial

ORIGINAL: aerobob427
Hey Peter, the memory card for the flycameone2, is that SD or micro SD?
Hey again Bob,

It says just SD. I can get them in 4GB for AUD$20 each! I think that you can store 30 mins flight pictures on one so I wouldn't need more than two by any stretch.....
BTW, I missed out on that L3 parts thing 'casue someone else bid heaps at the last minute! (Probably thought it would fly)

Peter
Old 02-24-2009, 03:22 AM
barak1001

Bought 3 of these for the family cell phones, they work great and come with an adapter so you can use them for SD cards.

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.12670

I also found this.

http://panasonic.jp/support/global/c...formatter.html

You should be able to use it to format an SDHC card to SD, which would mean you could buy a 4gb SDHC card and format it to SD for less than $9 shipped. I've read several forum posts about SDHC that confirm that it does work with kingston cards. DO NOT BUY AN SDHC CARD LARGER THAN 4GB FOR THIS! The largest size drive that a FAT16 file system can recognize is slightly under 4gb, so a card of larger size would be wasted.

Here's a link to a cheap SDHC card.

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.11241
Old 02-24-2009, 07:22 AM
aerobob427

Well here's the thing... I already have a 2G SD card, but it's not micro SD. Can't figure from the ad for the camera which it takes. Too bad about the L3 auction Peter, but when that happens usually a better deal comes around.
Old 02-24-2009, 08:05 AM
pgroom_68

Sorry I can't definitively tell ya either. It seems to be a standard SD card though - but I'm not 100% sure. Perhaps you should email them with that question?

Peter
Old 02-24-2009, 10:01 AM
aerobob427

Now there's a thought!

...Standard SD 9ms write speed 10 ms read speed.
Old 02-24-2009, 12:03 PM
aerobob427

Gotta love this, he's one of us! Ya think he's got a Dauphin too?
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ig11281.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	21.6 KB
ID:	1143873  
Old 02-24-2009, 12:13 PM
aerobob427

I just bought one of these. A starter video recorder to be sure, but maybe all I really want and possibly light enough for the Dauphin. I won't be surprised if there's no sound even though it says "Voice Recorder - Yes," which may simply mean it'll serve as a pocket note recorder aside from video recording. But I'm not after the sound and the price is right...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=250370197681
Old 02-24-2009, 05:22 PM
pgroom_68

I just bought one of these. A starter video recorder to be sure, but maybe all I really want and possibly light enough for the Dauphin. I won't be surprised if there's no sound even though it says "Voice Recorder - Yes," which may simply mean it'll serve as a pocket note recorder aside from video recording. But I'm not after the sound and the price is right...
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=250370197681
Hey again Bob,

Seems like you've hit paydirt matey! It LOOKS just like the [link=http://modelaero.com/Merchant5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=M&Product_Code=CAM&Category_Code=ACC]Aerocam Lite[/link] which retails for US$80 or there-abouts not including postage. Tom (on BOL thread) purchased one for his BOL and constructed a type of wedge to mount it under his helicopters (he also uses it for his planks) from foam. This mostly takes care of the second most important influence - heli vibrations when flying! The lens is above belt clip (you can see it in link, top right smaller pic).

Looks like you will be buying a MicroSD card afterall (as it is not included in package)

Peter
P.S. I have bookmarked the cheap one from ebay that you posted. Please tell me how it goes with Dauphin also.
Old 02-24-2009, 07:15 PM
barak1001

Would be nice to know how much it weighted. If it's below 30 grams then I'd say go for it. Any heavier than that and you'd be better off buying a flycamone.
Old 02-24-2009, 07:22 PM
pgroom_68

ORIGINAL: barak1001
Would be nice to know how much it weighted. If it's below 30 grams then I'd say go for it. Any heavier than that and you'd be better off buying a flycamone.
Hey again Barak,
19g or 0.7oz (incl. MicroSD card)says the site [link=http://modelaero.com/Merchant5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=M&Product_Code=CAM&Category_Code=ACC]here[/link] My main concern is the non-movable lens and its position making it less than ideal for helicopters - unless you want to shoot just directly straight down!
I'm patiently waiting for a flycamone2 to be posted second-hand cheaply!

Peter
Old 02-24-2009, 07:30 PM
barak1001

The FlyCamOne 2 (why couldn't they just call it the flycamtwo????) is a bit heavier than the FlyCamOne. So you'd be better off buying the original version for you coaxial. Less weight to carry.

As far as the angle goes. To mount the belt slip spy cam, I'd take a piece of carbon fiber rod (.60) and I'd place it across the top of the skids (on top of the bottom of the skids if that makes sense). Simply anchor down the carbon fiber on both sides with a small rubber band.

The top of the camera would rotate up and rest of the bottom of the battery when you lift off, which would give you a perfect angle down and forward showing off where you're flying. Only issue would be that you'd have to hand launch. Coming up with a mounting solution wouldn't be hard at all.

I'm actually thinking of ordering one of the cheap cams right now off ebay.
Old 02-24-2009, 07:34 PM
pgroom_68

The FlyCamOne 2 (why couldn't they just call it the flycamtwo????) is a bit heavier than the FlyCamOne. So you'd be better off buying the original version for you coaxial. Less weight to carry.
Hey again Barak,

I was tempted to do just that 'cause, for my purpose, sound is not at all needed! But I think they improved the definition on the mark2 also - and I would need the highest (HD if possible). I am trying to get a footage snippit to add to an existing promo DVD for work you see. They play them on LARGE screen TVs everywhere on campus
I would be using my BOL (Big Outdoor Lama) to carry that sort of load & it does it with ease! The helicopter vibrations in Youtube videos are unbelievable though.

Peter
Old 02-24-2009, 07:53 PM
pgroom_68

Well, I've just bought one so that means that they only have 906 more units to sell ya! At AUD$47 including postage to Australia from HongKong it could do with a bit of a look!

I will repost link to [link=http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=250370197681&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=015]Ebay Australia[/link] for our viewers on this side of the world (can I do that Bob?[sm=71_71.gif])

Peter
Old 02-24-2009, 08:07 PM
barak1001

If you're wanting HD quality then a FlyCamOne2 isn't the way to go, it only records at 640 x 480, which is about half the resolution of HD. It'll look fuzzy as hell on a big screen tv.

You're going to need to go to a more expensive solution (as in much more expensive).

Check out the guys as wirelessvideocameras.com.

They started out in business making video cameras for RC planes. I had a talk with Monte (one of their sales reps) yesterday and he's planning on coming out with a park flier/helicopter kit. It would have a 1 mile range and be HD, but obviously it'll be expensive.
Old 02-24-2009, 08:34 PM
barak1001

Found this while searching. Not sure about weight on it, but it's the only camera in the type you guys were looking at that sports 640 x 480 resolution (hardly high definition, but I guess it is by pinhole cam standards).

It's about half the price of a FlyCamOne2. Not sure about weight on it, but it looks promising.

I may get one since they accept paypal. That way if it doesn't record video at 640 x 480 I can always file a dispute.

Edit: Forgot to put the link in.

http://www.sino-pro.com/HD-Mini-High...era/p-903.html
Old 02-24-2009, 08:50 PM
pgroom_68

Found this while searching. http://www.sino-pro.com/HD-Mini-High...era/p-903.html
Hey again Barak,

In the first paragraph it says records up to 6 hours...but at the bottom of itemised description (in specs) says recording time: up to two hours - what's up with that?

Peter
Old 02-24-2009, 09:08 PM
aerobob427

Hi Guys, the one I ordered from eBay is low-res, only 352 x 288. I'm not expecting high quality at all, just something to look at when the heli comes down. Or sailplane! Still actually considering one of the 640 x 480 jobs. I have a birthday coming up and both my fiance and daughter have asked if I have any requests. I might mention it. Maybe I'll wait and see what the little one can do.

Hey Peter, it's ok with me if you repost whatever you like.
Old 02-24-2009, 09:18 PM
aerobob427

OK and here's a nice cheap micro SD card with SD adapter, 10 mS so should be OK with any of these video cams...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=330306648654
Old 02-24-2009, 09:27 PM
pgroom_68

Hey again Bob,

Has it been kind to you out - and you've got more flight time with BOL or is it Dauphin sort of weather?
I'm stuck at home with a virus (lucky you can't transfer them over phone lines) and wrapped up nice & warm.
How is the Dauphin flyin'?

Peter
Old 02-24-2009, 09:34 PM
pgroom_68

If you're wanting HD quality then a FlyCamOne2 isn't the way to go, it only records at 640 x 480, which is about half the resolution of HD. It'll look fuzzy as hell on a big screen tv.
You're going to need to go to a more expensive solution (as in much more expensive).

Check out the guys as wirelessvideocameras.com.

They started out in business making video cameras for RC planes. I had a talk with Monte (one of their sales reps) yesterday and he's planning on coming out with a park flier/helicopter kit. It would have a 1 mile range and be HD, but obviously it'll be expensive.
Hey again Barak,
Sounds real expensive for an HD solution. If you know of anything priced more conservatively - that is not viewed live from heli - please let me know. I think the sino-pro one about right? A little more expensive is OK if it increases the PICTURE quality for me

Peter
Reminder: I live in Australia and it costs heaps to post to here!
Old 02-24-2009, 09:41 PM
barak1001

I'm betting it will only record 2 hours at high resolution.

I went ahead and ordered one, so I'll let you know when it gets here.
Old 02-24-2009, 10:41 PM
aerobob427

Barak, which one did you order, the Sino-Pro? I got the low-res one on eBay.

Well Peter, it's been majorly windy here, 25 MPH or so the last three days, so yes, indoor Dauphin weather. It's been flying really well since I got the blades to balance out. BUT! tomorrow's wind is forecast for "light and variable" so I'll for sure get the BOL up in the sky again. Can't wait! Diane is home with the aforementioned virus (I guess it crossed over here somehow) so I may get some video.

And I am catching the video cam bug pretty good so I've been thinking about the various possibilities... heli, sailplane for high-altitude stuff, electric sport plane for low-vibration high-speed video... etc. I like the headband accessory Hobby Lobby offers - if you don't mind not having a zoom feature you don't need to wait for the better half to be home to make some videos! I could have recorded the day I had the Dauphin up 250 feet and rolled it down the neighbor's roof. That was both scary and exciting.

It's going to be a fun spring here in the northern hemisphere! I guess you're bracing for winter?
Old 02-24-2009, 11:06 PM
pgroom_68

And I am catching the video cam bug pretty good I like the headband accessory Hobby Lobby offers - if you don't mind not having a zoom feature you don't need to wait for the better half to be home to make some videos! I could have recorded the day I had the Dauphin up 250 feet and rolled it down the neighbor's roof. That was both scary and exciting.
It's going to be a fun spring here in the northern hemisphere! I guess you're bracing for winter?
Hey again Bob,

Have you seen the [link=http://www.hobby-lobby.com/flycamone2_baseplate_with_servo_7297_prd1.htm]tilting[/link] servo accessory for the Flycamone2?
...Or, you could just go all out and get one of these [link=http://www.draganfly.com/uav-helicopter/draganflyer-x6/gallery/videos/video-19.php]Draganflyer[/link] This one even has a zoom from Tx! The mind boggles. I think at one stage they were throwing around a US$15 000 price tag.

Peter
Old 02-24-2009, 11:59 PM
barak1001

I got the sino-pro one.
Old 02-25-2009, 09:01 AM
aerobob427

GOOD LORD! Can you imagine how you would feel if you crashed the Draganflyer? (Crashed the BOL this morning, blade strike at 60 feet). Assessing damage now.

[sm=cry_smile.gif]

... Airframe, skids, frame, both axes. Blarghgh.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.