Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > Esky Helicopters
Reload this Page >

TELEBEE/ZOOM HH GYRO ISSUE

Notices
Esky Helicopters Discuss the line of Esky electric helis in here including the Honey Bee, Lama, Belt CP, etc

TELEBEE/ZOOM HH GYRO ISSUE

Old 05-22-2008, 12:47 PM
cjennjr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TELEBEE/ZOOM HH GYRO ISSUE

I just installed a Telebee/Zoon HH Gyro - when I switch to HH rate, the helo turns to the right as I increase throttle. The gyro is set up facing the tail of the helo. Do I need to change setup (label facing the left or right)? I can fly pretty good without it, but since I bought it, I would like to experience flying in HH. Any suggestions??
Old 05-22-2008, 12:56 PM
Gittle

Default RE: TELEBEE/ZOOM HH GYRO ISSUE

Sounds like you have the gyro in the correct orientation. You need to do the set up as per finles bobs video on the helifreak site. Go to helifreak and create a login and search for zoom gyro setup and watch the video. You need to set it up in rate mode to hold the tail and then you need to adjust for servo creep in HH mode with the sub trim. Once you do that then you need to set the gain by the end point adjustments in the radio on both ends to stop the wag. Watch the video and will help you to understand.
Old 05-22-2008, 03:24 PM
eaglewwit

I Couldn't find that video, on the site. Anybody know where to find it?
Old 05-22-2008, 03:51 PM
Gittle

Try the hdx300 tail setup. I think it may be under that title.
Old 05-22-2008, 05:31 PM
cjennjr

Thanks for the info - I'll look for the video...
Old 05-22-2008, 05:33 PM
Zimatosa

I know it's on RCSuperSales.com under gyros then under telebee.......

Z
Old 05-22-2008, 11:12 PM
cjennjr

Saw the video - highly informative, but I have the stock tx instead of the custom one he has. Anyway, one thing he indicated was that the servo does not suppose to "pop" or "whine" while on, yet mine does it all the time. How do you get it to stop??
Old 05-23-2008, 12:50 AM
Zimatosa

Reducing the gain on the gyro will reduce the throw of the servo but can be counter productive if you need more tail movement.

First, You might want to do the Tail linkage mod (I posted the link in the Tuner thread) so you can actually get the tail slider to move to it's full inward point(right rudder). This will automatically give you more tail authority if the nose is turning left on you. It may also get rid of the buzz since the slider is allowed to travel further and more freely, eliminating "bottoming out the servo". NOTE: Don't be discouraged at the fact that in the pictures for the mod, the heli's have aluminum tails. You have the same exact linkage. Just follow Arrownautics circled picture and you will be fine....The Mod with the B400 part will not work, it is a different style.

Second, you can do like I did and change the position of the push-rod on the horn that is mounted to the servo. Move the rod up if you want more throw, down if you want less...

Third, always keep your rudder trim in the center and physically move your servo(loosen servo mounts) up or down the boom to find a happy spot for the tail. CHECK:Was your servo centered correctly before you started all this? You might want to make sure it's correct before you dive to deep in the tail set-up...

Have fun,

Z
Old 05-23-2008, 05:43 AM
Gittle

With the stock radio you need to adjust the linkage to fix the endpoints as above and then move the servo on the boom to adjust for the movement of the heli while trying to hover. That will get rid of the noise in the servo. Then you will have to flip it to hh mode and adjust the servo for creep by using the trim tab. Once you have that done I think you will need to check the gyro in flight and see if you have the tail wag. If you have the tail wag then the only thing to do at this point is unplug the single wire on the transmitter and set the gain on the pot manually. Hopefully you wont have the wag. If the wire is plugged in then the only way to set the gain is with the end point adjustment on the radio transmitter and you do not have that on the stock transmitter. Unplug the wire and use the pot on the gyro. You will not be able to flip from rate mode to hh mode either with the wire disconnected. So maybe if you are lucky the gyro channel is not set too high. Good Luck