Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > Esky Helicopters
Reload this Page >

King 2 CNC Head Coupon Code

Community
Search
Notices
Esky Helicopters Discuss the line of Esky electric helis in here including the Honey Bee, Lama, Belt CP, etc

King 2 CNC Head Coupon Code

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2008, 08:37 AM
court461

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: King 2 CNC Head Coupon Code

Hey Zim, I just got this head. Is the feathering shaft compatible with the esky CNC shaft? I don't see a special shaft at helidirect or at cnchelicopter. I want to make sure before I crash it.
Old 07-23-2008, 02:16 PM
Zimatosa

ORIGINAL: court461

Hey Zim, I just got this head. Is the feathering shaft compatible with the esky CNC shaft? I don't see a special shaft at helidirect or at cnchelicopter. I want to make sure before I crash it.
Court,

The head takes the same Feathering shaft as the Align 450's..Buy them from cnchelicopter.com, or you can just go to a LHS and buy those 3 packs....[link=http://www.cnchelicopter.com/servlet/the-912/Trex-3DX-HDX-450/Detail]Feathering Shafts[/link]

As you can see, they are 3mm by 42mm....I compared the shaft that came with my head to the Aligns and there was no difference...

Peace,

Z
Old 08-01-2008, 01:38 PM
phasor00

ORIGINAL: Zimatosa

ORIGINAL: cbrian4

ORIGINAL: Zimatosa

...He is talking about the knock-off purple stuff......I have seen his set-up in person..

Hey flier, why don't you start a hybrid head with your purple crap and the cncheli stuff...keep replacing until it's all silver...or blue?

Z
Good deal. I kinda wish the head was shiny blue aluminum, it says you can use the belt cp head as well so i might do that. What are all the cnc heads that are possible to use with the honey bee king 2 from cnchelicopter.com?
You need to use the 3dx450B head. Look at [link=http://www.cnchelicopter.com/servlet/the-85/3dx450B-eccpm-CNC-head/Detail]This picture[/link] and you will see that the swash is the same as your HBK2 and Belt CP. You can really use any of the 450 heads but the swash needs to be the B-type unless you want to modify the anti-rotation bracket to sit in the front of the heli and not the rear. I believe that the head for the Belt CP on this site is the exact same head as the 450B just marketed in a different way....

IMO, I really think that the real beauty of the silver head though, is that it is not some unnatural-for-a-heli blue, purple or red color.

Peace,

Z

Do I understand this correctly that the Belt CP head will work on the Honeybee King 2? If so, it seems to be a better deal as you get links with the head. Has anyone tried this yet?

Thanks, Phasor
Old 08-01-2008, 10:37 PM
funflier

stock kingll and cp head are the same except cp uses bearings where the kingll uses bushings. the head zim is showing you is the same head that fits both the king and the cp. Last time we checked it included the linkage, it was removed for the photograph.
Also look at the silver head for the king cool as it is a duplicate of the stock plastic head only its made from 7075 alum and has bearings throughout.
Old 08-01-2008, 11:04 PM
phasor00

ORIGINAL: funflier

stock kingll and cp head are the same except cp uses bearings where the kingll uses bushings. the head zim is showing you is the same head that fits both the king and the cp. Last time we checked it included the linkage, it was removed for the photograph.
Also look at the silver head for the king cool as it is a duplicate of the stock plastic head only its made from 7075 alum and has bearings throughout.

Thanks for the info!

Phasor
Old 08-02-2008, 12:58 PM
NigelT

Has anyone fitted the cnchelicopter [link=http://www.cnchelicopter.com/servlet/the-1158/ESky-Belt-CP-CNC/Detail] Belt-CP-CNC[/link] head onto a King 2 standard frame? I've got one and am hitting some problems which I'm sure can be solved, but many heads are better than one. Things noticed so far are anti-rotation pin won't fit the standard plastic or Xtreme bracket (Jeff says the pin can be pulled out and replaced with the Esky CNC swash pin - but it does not seem so good) plus the bracket will need to be shimmed away from the frame to give the swash clearance; main shaft too short - seems to give only a few mm of swash movement - maybe the standard shaft would be ok???; blade grips suitable for 450 blades, not King 2 blades (4.6mm gap rather than 6.6mm); possible clearance issues for the rear servo - swash links with the larger balls and link ends. Cheers, Nigel.
Old 08-02-2008, 03:14 PM
grawyl

CNC has a head for the King as well. Why are you trying to use the Belt head? Looking at the website, it looks like the flybar is below the rotor blades on the belt. does that make a diff?
Old 08-02-2008, 03:32 PM
NigelT

Looked like the better head to me (especially the flybar control) and Jeff reckoned it would fit (the same Esky CNC head fits both King 2 and Belt IIRC). I have no preference for a high flybar. Thanks, Nigel.
Old 08-03-2008, 03:10 AM
funflier

He is using the head off the 3dx450B, (has the swash plate pin in the back so it fits the Kingll) http://www.cnchelicopter.com/servlet...NC-head/Detail.
It is NOT a belt head the Stock Belt uses the same head as the king ll only it has bearings in places the king has bushings. Washout control arms for one. You can upgrade a stock King ll head and really make it a lot better just by replaceing the washout with the Belt washout and installing a cnc swashplate. This removes most of the slack in the plastic head system.
CHC also sells a alumn cnc head that looks just like the stock plastic head. It fits both the king lland the belt. http://www.cnchelicopter.com/servlet...CNC/Categories
the 3dx450B head is probably the better upgrade as it is much the same design as the trex head and is much more precise. Does take a little more handwork to get it setup to start with but supposed to be well worth it in the end.