Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > Esky Helicopters
Reload this Page >

King 2 CNC Head Coupon Code

Community
Search
Notices
Esky Helicopters Discuss the line of Esky electric helis in here including the Honey Bee, Lama, Belt CP, etc

King 2 CNC Head Coupon Code

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2008, 01:44 PM
Zimatosa

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default King 2 CNC Head Coupon Code

I have been emailing Jeff at cnchelicopter.com asking him why his King 2 head was so expensive, especially compared to the $99.99 HDX Heads...He could only say that the HDX factory put lots of research into it and used the very best aluminum. I then asked him if he could make a special promo-code for the people on the 2 forums that I frequent. Seems that many of us here did not like the price tag of $110.00. I wanted him to drop $20.00, he ended up dropping $10.00. So basically, the head can be bought now, with the code(forum_K2), for $99.99.

Note: I am not selling these. Jeff gave me mine for the same price, except he gave it to me tax free(I am in the same state).
I agreed to send him some pictures as well in return.

With that said. I will probably get my CNC head by the end of this week(6/06). I will shoot a video of the contents, then either show the build of this thing or just do some pictures in stages and then a flight after. I am totally excited to say the least..This will be my first metal head!! And I think it is going to be a quality one...

EDIT: Here is the video, finally! I have so much respect for anyone that makes a tutorial-type video after completing one myself...These are more work than they seem....This first video is just a 5 minute introduction to the head and what to expect if you have one delivered. Next video will be the build of this bad-boy, including a little commentary of how it went together....One more thing...Does my voice really sound that funny!!?? Haha

Intro Video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7EJIfu4JaI

Slide show of new head built:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YuzBDPMvsUg

CODE: forum_K2

Peace,

Z
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Tr50952.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	30.1 KB
ID:	963574  
Old 06-04-2008, 03:50 PM
Rosebud6

Default RE: King 2 CNC Head Coupon Code

Looking forward to it.
Old 06-05-2008, 05:50 AM
funflier

uh, Should have asked for $40 off, then you would have got $20 off. Thats the way it works.
Old 06-05-2008, 05:52 AM
funflier

BTW are repair parts available, these silly things crash and need repaired.
Old 06-05-2008, 12:15 PM
DumbDawg
My Feedback: (3)

I have to say I wish I had looked around a bit more before buying the esky head upgrade I have now. I'm not saying its complete junk but I'm not a fan of the purple. These heads look like they are very well made, some real quality. Anyone wanna buy an Esky cnc hedad???

I asked him about a 3 blade head and finally got an answer back that if it didn't fit that I would be able to return it... BUT, having done a bit of research into it I found out they are way harder to fly. And I have enough trouble as it is. Also you need a whole different setup as in 3 gyros and a slew of servos... So I'm stick'n to simple... Simple I can do.... yup... simple

I'm itch'n to hear what you have to say on these Zim. Itch'n as in NO rash but curiousity... [sm=tongue_smile.gif]
Old 06-07-2008, 02:11 PM
Zimatosa

The King 2 head parts have been posted on the web site. They are in fact being sold as 6 different parts in separate bags. They are just about the same cost as the rest of his CNC parts that are sold for the HDX...I am hoping to never have to buy any though...(yah right!) [link=http://www.cnchelicopter.com/servlet/the-Esky-king-cool-CNC/Categories]King 2 CNC head parts[/link]

I got my new CNC head on Friday the 6th and made a little video of what to expect if you bought this head. I have to jump through a few hoops to get the video posted. When I asked my girl to use her nicer camera to shoot the video, she did not inform me that she lost all the cables to past the video....I will get some pictures up by the end of the day though...

Peace,

Z
Old 06-07-2008, 06:21 PM
funflier

Hmmm much the same as the esky cnc head. See they are still putting threaded bolts through bearings.. What would the FAA say about that?
posted a picture of that nasty little link that is on both this head and the cnc head. It's no fun getting this just perfect... You will just about need to grow another hand to do it. I wrapped both the edges of the links and the flybar in plumbers putty to hold them in place while I adjusted them.[8D]
Attached Images  
Old 06-08-2008, 07:30 PM
Zimatosa

Posted a link to my video above. Introduction to the CNC Aluminum Head for King 2....These vids are harder to make then they look!!!

Peace,

Z
Old 06-08-2008, 07:51 PM
homeunt
My Feedback: (3)

how are the new cnc's?
I may as well get a set when next payment arrives from work lol
Really, over 50% goes to this hobby.
Old 06-08-2008, 08:41 PM
Rosebud6

Thanks for the intro to the new head.
Old 06-08-2008, 11:08 PM
droggy

has anyone tried the cnc head unit for the belt cp from them. A bit pricey at $105 but wanna get it. Wonder if stock flybars fit?
Old 06-09-2008, 04:17 AM
funflier

it's the same head used on the CP as the king ll
Old 06-09-2008, 02:44 PM
Zimatosa

ORIGINAL: droggy

has anyone tried the cnc head unit for the belt cp from them. A bit pricey at $105 but wanna get it. Wonder if stock flybars fit?
You can buy any of those HDX heads for your Belt CP(even the $99.99 head)...Just make sure and order it with the correct swash. I believe the swash to order is the one on the HDX 450B kit....You can see in the picture that it lines up correctly with the rear-style anti-rotation..

Z
Old 06-09-2008, 09:35 PM
Zimatosa

Check out the new CNC head built on the bench and then mounted on my King 2, I posted a link to a slide show above. No talking this time! Only 1:16.....

Peace,

Z
Old 06-10-2008, 05:06 PM
Zimatosa

Jeff at cnchelicopter.com sent me an email and has lowered the price for the King 2 head to $94.99. I believe he is still taking the coupon and the price would be $84.99....I wish I would have waited now! It says that he will be doing it for one day but I have seen other promotions of his last weeks when it said 10 day sale....I am waiting for an answer whether or not the coupon will still work, but I do not see why it would not....

EDIT: Price went back up to $99.99 with code. $109.99 without

Peace,

Z
Old 06-10-2008, 05:51 PM
Zimatosa

Jeff asked me what I think the price should be on these new heads...I only know that the quality of the manufacturing and the quality of the aluminum are far superior to the stock Esky and CopterX heads that some of us are using. CopterX heads are close to 70 bucks from the average of places, including HK and Ebay....I think for sure they should be more than CopterX heads but not as much as the 450 sized(and larger) HDX heads that are 99.99.

Just wondering what anyone and everyone thought about this? I need to see how much money I can get back from him!! Hehe

Seriously though, I think he is open to what people think it is worth.

Z
Old 06-10-2008, 07:00 PM
53 willys

wish I would have waited too...I have not installed mine yet cause I am a hard core rookie so I will wait till I bust the stock head..but I thought I should grab one since some parts seem to sale out quick sometimes.
$70-$85 seems pretty fair??
Old 06-11-2008, 07:05 AM
Rosebud6

Second that.
Old 06-11-2008, 08:46 AM
court461

Looks good. Now where is the vid of it flying? That is what we really want to see!
Old 06-11-2008, 03:10 PM
Zimatosa

ORIGINAL: court461

Looks good. Now where is the vid of it flying? That is what we really want to see!

WERD!!!! This is what I have been telling Jeff at XMSeller....He does not speak the best English and it is becoming a burden trying to understand what is going on. I keep asking him if he even flies Helicopters or if he is just a distributor with no ties to flying..Nothing! I will have to be the one to make a video of mine flying I guess..hehe I have just been taking the Hobby a little slower since my real life is tangling with my fun-time. After my last video with the pictures of the head installed, I ripped my heli down to the seeds and stems. I am pretty much going to redo everything because I was not happy with the wiring and the CG seemed off....Looking at my heli today, I would say it is in 315 different pieces on my work bench....[sm=spinnyeyes.gif] And it is driving me nuts!

The wind in my area will not let up for sh*t either. I hate having to fly my heli with a string attached like a kite....

Z
Old 06-11-2008, 04:25 PM
53 willys

can you get spare feathering shafts for this head?
Old 06-11-2008, 06:51 PM
blk822

I got my Copterx 450V2 head for $56 and I have crashed hard several times and never even bent a feathering shaft. I don't know why some of you guys seem to keep bashing there quality, and unless you have one then you shouldn't talk about what junk they are. Mine flys soooo smooth and at a very high head speed. Never had any problem with it at all. The new cnc HBK2 head does LOOK really nice ,but that doesn't make it any better. JMO....
Old 06-11-2008, 10:30 PM
Zimatosa

ORIGINAL: blk822

I got my Copterx 450V2 head for $56 and I have crashed hard several times and never even bent a feathering shaft. I don't know why some of you guys seem to keep bashing there quality, and unless you have one then you shouldn't talk about what junk they are. Mine flys soooo smooth and at a very high head speed. Never had any problem with it at all. The new cnc HBK2 head does LOOK really nice ,but that doesn't make it any better. JMO....

Not trying to bash cause you are correct, they are great heads. But compared to HDX type heads(including the new King 2 head) and the material used in the manufacture(7075 aluminum) instead of the softer aluminum on CopterX, could/would for sure justify a higher price tag, no?....That was all i was trying to compare. When you get down to it, we won't know for quite a while how the new head will pan out. Machining, material and craftsmanship wise, HDX has a head that many say trump the Trex heads. I am going only on what i read in the forums...I will make my own assessment, but at a much later date. My Heli flying has been put on hold for a few days or maybe a week..Can't seem to get away long enough to get it put back together and go out flying

Peace,

Z

P.S. 53Willys...The price tag on the site has indeed went back to $110.00....I think you did okay in buying. Just don't give up before you have the chance to crash with that bad boy on there..We need a guinea pig to test the durability. Make it from at least 20+ feet!
Old 06-11-2008, 10:37 PM
Zimatosa

...If anyone is planning on buying this head. Gimme a PM. Please....

Z
Old 06-11-2008, 11:30 PM
53 willys

LOL thats funny Z I need to know if I can get feathering shafts for this head??
if I can I will stick it on and give it a proper beating....so far I have spent more time breaking my bird then flying it!
I am waiting on parts again anyway!!!!......dont ask:-)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.