Community
Search
Notices
Esky Helicopters Discuss the line of Esky electric helis in here including the Honey Bee, Lama, Belt CP, etc

HBK2 Autorotations

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2008, 06:19 PM
kenhiraihnl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HBK2 Autorotations

i used my last pack practicing autos...lots of fun...hovering autos...aborted takeoff and ff autos w/ running landings...start in idle-up, then hit 'throttle hold'...i use these cf blades, which help maintain rotor rpm for the cushion...also, trex 450 landing gear make running landing a piece of cake...ken

http://www.advantagehobby.com/produc...&cat=0&page=1&

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ge95303.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	60.4 KB
ID:	965872  
Old 06-07-2008, 07:43 PM
noobflyer01

Default RE: HBK2 Autorotations

u can show us a vid of your autos? i didnt think it was possible with this small bird.
Old 06-07-2008, 08:45 PM
kenhiraihnl

i'll give it a try tomorrow morning...the grass and wind was very good at the flying field today...tomorrow, we'll be at a different field...hopefully the wind and grass will cooperate...i shoot vids with my canon sd950is camera, edit with windows movie maker, and stick it on youtube...ken
Old 06-07-2008, 09:45 PM
noobflyer01

i was looking at your signature and was wondering if you could post some pics of your awesome fleet. most people in this hobby have more than one heli. some more addicted than others. but you and me are hooked very badly. is your wallet empty? i know mine is. i only thing i think about with my income is what heli i'm gonna buy next.
Old 06-07-2008, 11:49 PM
eaglewwit

What kind of main gear are you using. I can't get my Belt's gear to auto.
Old 06-08-2008, 03:57 AM
kenhiraihnl

ORIGINAL: eaglewwit

What kind of main gear are you using. I can't get my Belt's gear to auto.
right now, i'm using the stock main gear...i've tried the b400 gear, but the esky is about as good and cheaper...try spraying some silicone on the belt...when you hand-spin the rotorhead, it should easily spin 3 or 4 times...

here's a pic of my raptors, logos (and a corona)...i posted this pic of my gaui200 on another forum (now retrieved and saved on my computer)...i had a hard drive crash and lost some recent pics...ken

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ec87137.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	84.2 KB
ID:	966168   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ro41992.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	60.7 KB
ID:	966169  
Old 06-08-2008, 11:31 AM
eaglewwit

I don't see how it supposed to spin well when it is plastic on metal that the auto gear spins on.
Old 06-08-2008, 12:32 PM
kenhiraihnl

??? it's a pressed-in, pre-lubed, one-way bearing, just like the ones in any heli...i even had one that was assembled backwards by the factory (when power was applied, the main gear spun, but the rotor didn't move)...maybe there's some binding in the main or tail rotor mechanism, or the belt is too tight?...off to the flying field to take some videos...ken
Old 06-08-2008, 03:48 PM
kenhiraihnl

ok...here's an unedited vid of sloppy attempts at autos this morning...kindy gusty, and grass was too long...later, i was doing better ones in a tennis court...ken

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lyEKgXFEvsw
Old 06-08-2008, 03:58 PM
hollywood54

Ken i think it would be better if you were doing them from say 30-50 feet up........
Old 06-08-2008, 04:16 PM
kenhiraihnl

ORIGINAL: hollywood54

Ken i think it would be better if you were doing them from say 30-50 feet up........
hey hollywood...i'll definitely be working my way up...right now, without even trying, i think i can grease it in from ff, about 10' alt, on smooth surface, with light headwind, and just enough starbucks to sharpen my reflexes...when i perfect a technique for 30-50 footers, i'll post a vid...don't hold your breath...lol...ken
Old 06-08-2008, 05:13 PM
eaglewwit

I put some bike grease on the one way bearing and shaft receiver, and it seems to have helped.
Old 06-08-2008, 06:18 PM
Zimatosa

I was running those exact blades...i busted one when I went inverted and turned the King into a post hole digger. When I went back to the hobby shop to buy more, the owner told me that Heli-Max was having issues with them somehow and they were not going to be making them for a while. On that web site, it looks like you have to pre-order? Those blades lasted me a few crashes...The innards look just like fake CF(plastic)...I was kinda peeved that the CF was so crisp-ety to break....Are they all like this or maybe this could be the "issue" they are working out?

Nice start for your auto's...I call my autos-rotations, auto-trip-to-the-LHS-to-get-more-parts!!

Peace,

Z