Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > Esky Helicopters
Reload this Page >

Quik 2100t gyro question

Community
Search
Notices
Esky Helicopters Discuss the line of Esky electric helis in here including the Honey Bee, Lama, Belt CP, etc

Quik 2100t gyro question

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2008, 09:17 PM
SirSyko

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Quik 2100t gyro question

Will It work with my stock esky ek2-0406a transmitter, meaning I can adjust gain on gyro itself? Will this work well with a Bee King II?
Old 07-21-2008, 09:24 PM
darthdecon

Default RE: Quik 2100t gyro question

no the 2100t does not work with the stock radio you will need a computer radio like the dx6i or dx7

futaba makes a gy240 that will work with the stock radio
Old 07-22-2008, 06:43 AM
warpnine

Really? I thought that knob on the right side of the stock Tx was for gyro gain... I gave away my stock Tx (to the Iraq Fund), so I can't easily look anymore.

Cheers - Dave

Old 07-22-2008, 12:06 PM
Zimatosa

Stock Tx's have a certain amount of gain preset internally and can not be changed. I think that the HH Gyro from Esky is supposed to work with that setting and nothing else. That knob on the top right is for more/less pitch, knob on left is for more/less head speed...The knob holding the controller is you or I....

Z
Old 07-22-2008, 05:06 PM
warpnine

Thanks Z!

The on-line HBK2 manual ( http://www.heliguy.com/i/HB_King_v2%20Manual.pdf ) didn't show a close up of the transmitter controls, even though my printed copy (on the work table in the basement) did show it as you describe. Rats!

So does anyone know what the pre-set gain in the stock Tx looks like to a 2100T? If it looked like "something reasonable" to the gyro, couldn't it work anyway? Or would you need to be able to adjust it separately for rate or HH mode too? How does the stock set up handle those two modes? I gave away all these stock parts, or I'l try plugging it up to the 2100T to see...

Receivers don't seem to be too expensive ($50-$75), but it seems like any of the programmable transmitters are over $100 (even if they do come with new receivers too). I got my Dx6i with receiver (AR6200) from U.S. HS for $169 - just over the price of the 2100T gyro and tail servo combo...

Sorry SirSyKo

Old 07-23-2008, 01:15 AM
Zimatosa

The stock TX just has 2 separate presets...One for rate mode(switch in the up position), one for HH mode(switch in the down position). But if you have a DX6i who cares!! Hahaha Set the gyro up with the switch up and the value for that switch position at 25(in the DX6i, anything under 50 is rate mode, anything over 50 is HH Mode). Once servo horn is installed at 90 degrees and your hover tests are holding the tail(or close), flip the switch down with a starting value for position 2 at around 72....Keep turning that number up till you get wag, if you get wag, turn the number down till it goes away....If you need the absolute full explanation and steps from the start [link=http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_7757417/tm.htm]Go to this thread...[/link]

Z