Notices
Esky Helicopters Discuss the line of Esky electric helis in here including the Honey Bee, Lama, Belt CP, etc

This is UNREAL

Old 07-22-2008, 04:40 AM
Denny10

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default This is UNREAL

I cannot believe what happened last evening I just got my new Belt CP and ,well first, I live near the beach in SC now I got my brand new helo up to about 30 feet flying beautiful I am flying then all of a sudden hear comes a pelican by the time I realized what was happening it was too late the bird hit the helo destroyed the helo I mean there are just little parts left and whats worst is it killed the pelican. I cannot believe this happened only me would this happen too. It took me 4 months to save up for that damm thing but I like I say I feel bad for the bird man I do not like to hurt anything game warden said not to worry it was a act of god.

Damm
Old 07-22-2008, 06:37 AM
warpnine

Default RE: This is UNREAL

Denny,

So sorry to hear about your freak accident. How unlikely was that? Wow... If you flew every day for the next 100 years, it would probably never happen again... I'm surprised that the bird wasn't headed into the next county, when he saw the helicopter. Never heard of anything like that. Has anyone else? What can be done to clear the air for next time?

I hope that you picked up the pieces so you can put your helicopter back together, since it sounds like you were flying it beautifully. The nice thing about repairing a helicopter that you already have is that you can do the repairs a little bit at a time - until you have everything back together again. It doesn't have to cost a bunch all at once, the way buying the helicopter originally does. Put yourself on a budget, and just keeping working off things and before you know it - you'll have everything back together again. You'll probably learn a lot about how everything works too, I know I did! Some parts don't even cost very much, which helps too. I should know, I just got mine back together (with Michael's help) after my first crash in late May. But now it is much better than it was originally.

So what is actually broken? What can we do to help?

Dave
Old 07-22-2008, 07:22 AM
Denny10

Will not be able to put this back together really broke man I can save servos and stuff like that but I will have to buy a bare bones and maybe some other stuff I am still in shock man my wife did not believe till my neighbor told her she thought I was kidding to get the upgrade parts

Old 07-22-2008, 09:44 AM
flightcrazed
My Feedback: (13)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have some humming birds that keep flying over and getting real close to my HBKII.. They'll fly right up to it and hover next to it for second or two then fly off and come back and do it again. It really freaks me out cause I don't want to kill a hummingbird, nor do I want my heli tore up. I guess I am flying in their space, so I am the intruder, but it aint gonna stop me from flying there! Sorry to hear about you accident..
Old 07-22-2008, 10:01 AM
Denny10

If you want to fix that get a stuffed cat doll put one of those wind flappers on it they will never come back ) Man there are few pieces left I cannot not believe how damaged this thing is least i got 2 flights out of it hell I owned for 2 days
Old 07-22-2008, 10:12 AM
chris6414
My Feedback: (10)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have Mockingbirds that buzz real close in an attempt to scare off my Belt. Lets see them do it to my Hawk Nitro .30[>:]
Old 07-22-2008, 10:41 AM
KCinNC

why do you think i go to the NC Beaches ???

just kiddin man, that is kinda of a freaky incident
don't give up on heli's because of that deal
Old 07-22-2008, 12:01 PM
Zimatosa

2 bad for the bird but man, I wish I could see that on video...Can you post some pictures of the wreckage?

Every time i fly in my yard and over the street, a swarm of "something" attacks the heli from the top. Looks like wasps from the size? I have to laugh at the fact that a few of them can be seen getting too close to the blades and batted away. From the looks of it, they seem to never die, but come back even more pissed. It only happens when the heli is about 20+ feet....

Hang in there man, we feel for ya. Next time you rebuild just watch out for the Pterodactyls that I hear are making a comeback in SC...GAWWK!!

Z
Old 07-22-2008, 01:23 PM
DumbDawg
My Feedback: (3)

OUCH... That totally sucks...

Maybe you could put it all back in the box and say it arrived like that??? Like I dunno it looked like that when I got it home and it didn't look quite right so I'm bring'n it back for an exchange!!![&o] aha..... yes NOT....

Maybe you can post a few pics of whats left and the damage.... stupid bird anyway....

bummer
Old 07-22-2008, 01:52 PM
Denny10

I could never do that to USHOBBYS he was too damm good to me man this sucks and the weather today is perfect for flying and I already sold my hb2 darn it
Old 07-22-2008, 02:04 PM
DumbDawg

I know bro... I was only joking...

It still sucks losing ur bird to another stupider bird.

cheers
Old 07-22-2008, 05:02 PM
USHobbySupply

Any one interested in taking up collection? I'm willing to sell a bird at COST and I'll start the collection with $20 of my own funds Maybe we cant get the entire bird (bb or arf), but if we can get close, it would help him out tremendously!

Michael

ORIGINAL: DumbDawg

I know bro... I was only joking...

It still sucks losing ur bird to another stupider bird.

cheers
Old 07-22-2008, 05:13 PM
warpnine

Count me in for $20 - anyone who's a U.S. Hobby Supply "customer for life" is a friend of mine!

Michael - you know where to find me! By the way, save that little wrench for the adjustable links - I think it's still on your desk...

Cheers,

Dave
Old 07-22-2008, 06:00 PM
Denny10

Guyzz,,, I am over whelmed by UsHobby.com and CEO MICHAEL I have never heard of customer service like this. Mike if you ever need pc work or network I am your man for free!! I really appreciate but you do not have to do that just knowing there is a company and a group of what I can proudly call my friends is worth losing the helo I really mean this I know this is gonna sound like a sissy but I have a tear in the ole eye when I read this. I am gonna try to pick up some odd jobs repairing pc's my wife said since budget is tight like all of us if I did that well I can get a new bird wait I mean helo I swear I did not mean that ), I am a computer engineer lol. wish I was a bird man. I really feel bad about the bird man it cut his head almost off it was awful.

I really appreciate your help guys but I cannot let you to do this I really wish I had the money to bring us all together down near USHOBBYS place a have a helo weekend that would be great!!!! well if I hit the lottery it is all on me everything plus I will buy all of us a helo from Micheal and USHOBBY plus we get you one to MIKE ) lolololololo

Denny
Old 07-22-2008, 06:13 PM
Rosebud6

I feel your pain. I'd toss in a few bucks too.
Old 07-22-2008, 06:15 PM
USHobbySupply

ORIGINAL: warpnine

Count me in for $20 - anyone who's a U.S. Hobby Supply "customer for life" is a friend of mine!

Michael - you know where to find me! By the way, save that little wrench for the adjustable links - I think it's still on your desk...

Cheers,

Dave
It is indeed on the bench. I used to be next to the apple pie, but I ate that!

Thanks for the contribution!

Michael
Old 07-22-2008, 06:54 PM
USHobbySupply

ORIGINAL: Denny10

Guyzz,,, I am over whelmed by UsHobby.com and CEO MICHAEL I have never heard of customer service like this. Mike if you ever need pc work or network I am your man for free!! I really appreciate but you do not have to do that just knowing there is a company and a group of what I can proudly call my friends is worth losing the helo I really mean this I know this is gonna sound like a sissy but I have a tear in the ole eye when I read this. I am gonna try to pick up some odd jobs repairing pc's my wife said since budget is tight like all of us if I did that well I can get a new bird wait I mean helo I swear I did not mean that ), I am a computer engineer lol. wish I was a bird man. I really feel bad about the bird man it cut his head almost off it was awful.

I really appreciate your help guys but I cannot let you to do this I really wish I had the money to bring us all together down near USHOBBYS place a have a helo weekend that would be great!!!! well if I hit the lottery it is all on me everything plus I will buy all of us a helo from Micheal and USHOBBY plus we get you one to MIKE ) lolololololo

Denny
Hey, we are all in this heli game together. The good news is that I'm also a computer guy by day, performance and security tester, alot of coding in C So, we have many things in common! Warpnine is also a computer guy. Jeez, the world is full of them!

[quote]
[quote]

Thank you also Rosebud6

[8D]

Old 07-22-2008, 07:15 PM
Denny10

hey cool
Old 07-22-2008, 07:32 PM
DumbDawg

I would love to help out but I don't even have a job... I have a few bits'n pieces I could send tho... actually if ur gonna get a new bird I could send ya $10... it isn't much but if a few other pitched in it would get you a helo again... Tell me where to paypal you and I'll send yah some coin.

happy fly'n
Old 07-22-2008, 07:51 PM
USHobbySupply

Its not a matter of how much you can send. Every bit helps! Even parts would help, as it could give spares!

Its the thought and friendships that matter most!

Michael
Old 07-22-2008, 07:58 PM
ginnz
My Feedback: (2)

what size blades does that thing take? i have a couple sets of 280mm blades and a couple sets of spare 325's kicking around. i can send you a set to help out.......dont think theres much else i can help out with..... as i have a falcon 3d, shark 450, and bh 500. so most of my spare parts are prolly no good to you.
Old 07-22-2008, 08:05 PM
USHobbySupply

The Beltcp takes 325's, so those would probably work. If they dont fit the belt, i will trade them for a set that does

Thanks for the help!

This is coming along nicely. I think in no time at all, we can get this gent back in the air and then all we have to do is figure out how to keep the real birds away!

Michael

Pm me for the address, if you want to send parts!
Old 07-22-2008, 08:19 PM
Denny10

Guys I truly do not know what too say I am crying here I know guys are not suppose too but Michael I wish there was something I could do to well???I will figure something out to help promote your site and your CS. Well you will never believe this but Game Warden just showed up there where two ladies watching this and they called the warden I just got a ticket can you believe this I have to go to court now I cannot believe this. Those ladies knew how bad I was upset and not at the helo well I was upset at the helo but really I felt so bad about the bird I could not hardly sleep if I just would have had a camera maybe I could send it to wildest videos and won some darn money and this you will never believe I don't but 3 weeks ago I was driving with windows down and a dam humming bird flew in my car hit my son in his face and it died You know I am a good man I have done some things I am not proud of mostly with married women JOKE but just cannot figure out what I have done to have this bad luck lololol
Old 07-22-2008, 08:57 PM
Rosebud6

[quote]ORIGINAL: USHobbySupply

ORIGINAL: Denny10

Denny
Hey, we are all in this heli game together. The good news is that I'm also a computer guy by day, performance and security tester, alot of coding in C So, we have many things in common! Warpnine is also a computer guy. Jeez, the world is full of them!

[quote]

Thank you also Rosebud6

[8D]

Im a geek as well. Corporate PC support. Also own a small home and business PC company.
Old 07-22-2008, 09:00 PM
warpnine

Hang in there Denny! Can't imagine what they'd ticket you with, since the bird hit your helicopter - not the other way around... Take some pictures or bring the parts of what's left of your helicopter to court - since it's pretty obvious that no one in their right mind would do that on purpose! I'm still surprised that the bird would go after the heli at all - how could you possibly have expected that?

Take care! Things will be brighter in the morning.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.