Esky Helicopters Discuss the line of Esky electric helis in here including the Honey Bee, Lama, Belt CP, etc

FUTABA 6EX or 7C?

Old 10-03-2008, 12:01 PM
minist

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default FUTABA 6EX or 7C?

I am looking to upgrade the radio on my belt cp. I have talked to a few "pro's" at my local hobby shop and they seem to prefer Futaba. One said that he was flying a Spektrum radio and it lost its link in flight and caused him to crash. I use a Spektrum 3 channel for my rc cars and have never had a problem but would hate a problem like that. So I am considering Futaba for my heli.
1. Is the $60 difference between the 6 and 7 channel Futaba's worth it? I am not just looking for channels (I will only be using 5) but other features and customability.
2. Am I on the right track choosing Futaba? I see an Airtronics 8 channel with two receivers for $100 less than the 7C

Please let me know your thoughts.
Old 10-03-2008, 12:10 PM
EricOnTheWeb

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: FUTABA 6EX or 7C?

Futaba are the best in the industry. I will never use anything but Futaba, and I still fly my PT-40 with my original Attack-4 on A.M. works perfect.

I'm thinking of getting a 6exp for my Belt-CP, not the 2.4 but the regular pcm version.(on a budget) 129 dollars with micro rx and no servos. Also I believe the 2.4 version has a one piece reciever rather than a two piece like the Spektrum.
Old 10-03-2008, 06:26 PM
jstern429

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Well I have both a 7chp and a 6exhp. Now I am not new to RC, but it has been a long time since I have flown anything so the new computer radios are completely new to me. I started out with the 6exhp and was able to program it with some help, but then I got a great deal on the 7chp and sold the 6exhp. I got the 7chp because it is concidered a full range radio and the 6exhp is a park flyer radio. When I got the 7chp I was totaly confused on the programming as it can do so much more than the 6exhp. The 6exhp is a little more basic on the programming as the switches on the radio are set specific to a functions. On the 7chp you can assign the switches how you like them. Now I got so confused with the 7chp that I found another deal on a 6exhp and bought it just so I could fly again. I am learning more & more every time I turn on the 7chp, but I am not there yet. I would say get the 6exhp if you are not up on the programming as it will be easer to deal with. Jeff
Old 10-04-2008, 01:02 PM
George1234

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I have both because I was very dissapointed with the 6EX. It doesn't have subtrims, built in timer, or dedicated idle-up pitch curve. All basic requirements in my mind.

George
Old 10-05-2008, 05:16 AM
Charlie

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Futaba are the best in the industry
That's a pretty bold statement, can you fill us in on why Futaba is the best in the industry?
Old 10-05-2008, 09:33 AM
EricOnTheWeb

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Charlie

Futaba are the best in the industry
That's a pretty bold statement, can you fill us in on why Futaba is the best in the industry?
Ok lol.

From Tower hobbies
Continuous Channel Shifting
Other 2.4GHz systems hold firm to one or two frequencies, increasing the potential for interference. The frequency of Futaba 2.4GHz FASST shifts hundreds of times per second, so there are no signal conflicts or interruptions – and no need for a frequency pin!
And this
Futaba 2.4GHz FASST system transmitters leave the factory with a unique and permanent ID code. Once linked to the receiver, the code ensures that the receiver will recognize and respond ONLY to that transmitter. The linking process is simple...just push a button on the receiver.
Also I hear that Futabas 2.4 has a one piece reciever vrs a two piece with more connection points.. I like the one piece idea.

And the original poster said this....
I have talked to a few "pro's" at my local hobby shop and they seem to prefer Futaba. One said that he was flying a Spektrum radio and it lost its link in flight and caused him to crash.
I'm sold lol.
Old 10-05-2008, 02:55 PM
jstern429

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

George, I agree that it would be great to have sub trims and the timer, but it does have a seperate idle-up settings (N-TH & N-PI are normal and I-TH & I-PI are idle-up). Jeff
Old 10-05-2008, 06:09 PM
noobflyer01

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

i personally prefer the spektrum dx6i to the futuba 6ex. and i have used both. the dx6i does have timer, subtrims, and deidcated idle curve switch. its a full range radio and yes there is a satellite receiver but its for a good reason. it helps it keep the connection to the radio for a longer range. and also the dx7 is better than the futuba 7c imo. i hope i didnt just start a flame war spektrum vs. futuba round 1 . .....fight!
Old 10-05-2008, 10:17 PM
George1234

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

jstern429
Sorry, what I meant is throttle hold pitch curve. You are correct regarding idle up curve.

George