Community
Search
Notices
Esky Helicopters Discuss the line of Esky electric helis in here including the Honey Bee, Lama, Belt CP, etc

THE BEST!?

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2008, 01:40 PM
helicrazedout

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default THE BEST!?

hey i was wandering lately what the best ESC and Gyro for the belt cp is?
i want to know this because im curious what diffrent parts everyone is using and how that is working for them.
Anyways i would really appreaciate it if u would tell me some great parts for the gyro and esc
like the diffrent ones and why that one is the best. if u have a belt cp and thease parts then plz share your experiences with us!
Old 10-18-2008, 02:47 PM
Disney1

Default RE: THE BEST!?

The question has many answers.

ESC, best value is the HobbyWing 30 amp with programming card. ESC $35 Card $12.
Gyro Best value is the TLB-01 TeleBee Dual Rate HH Gyro $60

Best price no object.

ESC, CastleCreations - CC35 $85 and USB programmer $25
Gyro, LogicTech2100T & LTS-3100G Combo $160

R[8D]N Sr
Old 10-18-2008, 10:48 PM
warpnine

I agree with Disney - I have a HobbyWing "Pentium" ESC (with programming card) and the Logictech 2100T-LTS-3100G combo, and they both perform wonderfully. There are probably other ESC's from brand name manafacturers that are similar to the HobbyWing, but not much in the same price range that can touch the 2100T combo - for top of the line performance.

When I was looking to upgrade my gyro, many people advised me to "go for the best" and get either the Logictech or Futaba - rather than the lower cost HH gyro like Esky or Telebee make. They suggested that eventually I'd want to upgrade to the more advanced gyros at some point, and could save money by doing it from the start. This is not a slam on Telebee, which many people seem to use and are happy with - just the advice that I received and did follow. I figured that with my piloting skills (poor), I needed all the help I could get!

Programming the ESC with the HobbyWing programming card is really simple, and I liked it because it was aslo very error free. Note that you cannot use the HobbyWing programming card with other manafacturers ESC's because it may fry them. The programming card is a great addition for only $12.

Here's some links to the ESC and gyro products from U.S. Hobby Supply where I (and probably Disney too) got mine:

ESC products: http://www.ushobbysupply.com/index.p...63020130d54fb0
Gyros: http://www.ushobbysupply.com/index.p...63020130d54fb0

Hope this helps!
Dave
Old 10-19-2008, 07:19 AM
helicrazedout

thanks for the advise! i was thinkinh though that a futaba 240 gyro is perfect for the belt cp and a hyperion titan 30a ESC
are good for belt cp? What do you guys think has anyone tried thease parts on a belt cp if so are they worth getting?
Old 10-19-2008, 09:30 AM
Empty Wallet

ORIGINAL: helicrazedout

thanks for the advise! i was thinkinh though that a futaba 240 gyro is perfect for the belt cp and a hyperion titan 30a ESC
are good for belt cp? What do you guys think has anyone tried thease parts on a belt cp if so are they worth getting?
Na.
For the same money you can get the logictech 2100.
Or for another $20 you can have a 401.
The 240, 2100, and the 401 on a Belt is overkill in my opinion.
The TeleBee is a real good gyro for the money.
I have one on my Exceed that I use as a trainer and I love it. It holds very well.
I also have the 2100 on my CopterX.
It has the much more powerful Scorpion motor. I can slap the sticks as much as I want and the tail never blows out.
Old 10-19-2008, 01:15 PM
helicrazedout

THANK YOU VERY INTRESTING. I ALSO WANT TO KNOW WHAT MOTOR WORKS THE BEST WITH THE BELT CP IS IT THE SCORPION IN YOUR OPIONION OR WHAT GUYS?
Old 10-19-2008, 02:27 PM
cbrian4

THANK YOU VERY INTRESTING. I ALSO WANT TO KNOW WHAT MOTOR WORKS THE BEST WITH THE BELT CP IS IT THE SCORPION IN YOUR OPIONION OR WHAT GUYS?
Please turn off caps lock, most of your posts are in all caps.
Old 10-19-2008, 06:53 PM
Empty Wallet

No.
Thats like putting a 350 V8 into a volkswagon.
So far the upgrades you have been talking about are way more than I would put into a Belt CP.
Quality upgrades deserve to be put into a quality bird.
Dont waste your money putting that stuff into a Belt.
Go buy a Trex.
Save the Belt for stupid or first time stunts.
It hurts alot less when you crash a clunker
Old 10-20-2008, 08:55 PM
Zim-uh-tosa

Empty Wallet, you never cease to amaze me...LMFAO!

Volkswagons do have V8's!! If you meant VW Bug, then maybe, but Bugs with V8's rule too, Wheelie bar and all. My friend built one that turned a high 8 quarter mile. Probably could have gone faster too....There are way too many Scorpion motors to flat out say not to do it. There is a Scorpion out there that will work great. They have a great reputation as well. Not like the 25A ESC in your Belt CP...Hehe

I totally agree with Warpnine going for the Logictech 2100....Can never have too much tail control IMO. I have the Telebee and I am constantly messing with the trims while flying. It seems to be very sensitive to temp changes. I was recommended not to buy the combo with the 3100 servo though from Druss. The Futaba 9650 will cost about the same and give you more torque and speed. Just a thought....

That advice was from Noobflyer, Warp. If you ever check out his video's, he has progressed faster than any Noob I have ever seen. He is chucking around a Gazaur Poseidon and a Mars like no tomorrow...I am throwing out my SG90's and going for the HS65's on cyclic because of him(and I flew funfliers King with them and it rules!).

Oh yes...One much overlooked motor because of price is the Hyperion. I use the 1913-3800 with my extended King (Trex 12mm boom and 315 blades). Flies real nice. Powerful and long run times.

Good Luck,

Z
Old 10-20-2008, 09:48 PM
Druss

IMO you get what you can afford.

The absolute best that will fit nicely on the belt cp is the spartan ds760, but then you're talking about a gyro that costs more than the heli. The "best" esc is probably a kontronics, again more than the heli.

The logictech 2100t is one of the best performing gyros in the $100 range, much better than a gy240. The hobbywing is a good solid esc that won't break the bank.

If you're never going to upgrade to another heli then these are good upgrades. Even if you upgrade later the 2100t can be moved over to the new one. I don't suggest you go crazy and start replacing the motor, esc, gyro, servos... until you have replaced all the electronics. If you're going to do that then just buy a kit like the E325 or copterx and add those parts.

With the exception of the esc, I don't suggest you do any upgrades until you've flown it stock.
Old 10-21-2008, 08:06 PM
phillyD

Gentry
Logictech and futaba 9257. Works exceptional. The 9650 will work only the 9257 is a designated rudder servo. Once I upgraded the tail rotor assembly, there is nothing else to ask for. Already have hitec 65' metal gear servos on hand to change to as soon as I wear out the esky digitals.
Cheers
Old 10-22-2008, 03:11 PM
helicrazedout

thanks lol i will turn caps off sry about that, great info ty! but i think a scorpion would be good for belt cp wouldnt it give you a longer run time ? what actully gives you a longer run time is it thr esc or the motor?
Old 10-22-2008, 05:17 PM
Empty Wallet

ORIGINAL: Zim-uh-tosa

Empty Wallet, you never cease to amaze me...LMFAO!

Volkswagons do have V8's!! If you meant VW Bug, then maybe, but Bugs with V8's rule too, Wheelie bar and all. My friend built one that turned a high 8 quarter mile. Probably could have gone faster too....There are way too many Scorpion motors to flat out say not to do it. There is a Scorpion out there that will work great. They have a great reputation as well. Not like the 25A ESC in your Belt CP...Hehe

I totally agree with Warpnine going for the Logictech 2100....Can never have too much tail control IMO. I have the Telebee and I am constantly messing with the trims while flying. It seems to be very sensitive to temp changes. I was recommended not to buy the combo with the 3100 servo though from Druss. The Futaba 9650 will cost about the same and give you more torque and speed. Just a thought....

That advice was from Noobflyer, Warp. If you ever check out his video's, he has progressed faster than any Noob I have ever seen. He is chucking around a Gazaur Poseidon and a Mars like no tomorrow...I am throwing out my SG90's and going for the HS65's on cyclic because of him(and I flew funfliers King with them and it rules!).

Oh yes...One much overlooked motor because of price is the Hyperion. I use the 1913-3800 with my extended King (Trex 12mm boom and 315 blades). Flies real nice. Powerful and long run times.

Good Luck,

Z
Yeah right.
No bug could hold a 350 big block.
Custom frame with a fiberglass bug body is what you see.
What size V8 do you run in your wheel chair?
Old 10-23-2008, 01:17 AM
Zim-uh-tosa

Yeah right.
I use a manual chair...I like to keep my guns nice and toned so i can throttle the peeps that make fun of me....[sm=48_48.gif]

He didn't have a fiberglass nothing...He is a master. Just a bracket here and there and a scroll saw. My buddy also built an '89 Honda Accord with a V-8 and 16.6 mickeys. Never saw that one run in person, he moved to Iowa and turned it into a parade spectacle...I just happen to have some pictures to scan so check it!

Back to our regularly scheduled helicopter squabling....

Z
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ay73938.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	355.7 KB
ID:	1057251   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pl32367.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	354.6 KB
ID:	1057252   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ze87374.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	437.1 KB
ID:	1057253  
Old 10-23-2008, 01:29 AM
inv|s|ble

overkill or not, scorpion makes a great motor, from what ive read, and if i could afford one, i would have one in my Belt-CP, but really the only esky/Belt-CP parts left on it, are tx/rx, head, motor and lipo...the head is next, then hopefully tx/rx for xmas, and possibly a new motor for xmas too(depends on the bonus)
Old 10-23-2008, 05:57 PM
Empty Wallet

Yeah right.
I use a manual chair...I like to keep my guns nice and toned so i can throttle the peeps that make fun of me....[sm=48_48.gif]

He didn't have a fiberglass nothing...He is a master. Just a bracket here and there and a scroll saw. My buddy also built an '89 Honda Accord with a V-8 and 16.6 mickeys. Never saw that one run in person, he moved to Iowa and turned it into a parade spectacle...I just happen to have some pictures to scan so check it!

Back to our regularly scheduled helicopter squabling....

Z
YIKES![X(]
He spent all that time and money putting that nice motor into that piece of crap car...
Exactly the point I was trying to make.
Thanks Zim.
Old 10-23-2008, 11:59 PM
Zim-uh-tosa

YIKES!
He spent all that time and money putting that nice motor into that piece of crap car...
Thanks Zim.
It's much nicer than that bus pass you carry around in your wallet next to that unused condom from 1985.....We all expect you to knock every single thing we try to do to our Esky Heli's(and apparently our cars too). You don't even own an Esky product (or a car) so can you please just move along to the CopterX threads now. And stay there! I think someones 6061 aluminum head just broke and he needs your expert assistance on how to fix it. [sm=tired.gif]

Z
Old 10-24-2008, 01:42 PM
helicrazedout

ya! i just just got my new hyperion titan 30a esc today! ! ! it works great much!!! better than my old stock esky one.(i hate the esky parts from china) next i need to get a hh gyro i think maybe a futaba 240 anyone out there got one on their belt cp? also up for suggestions to other gyros. i have no clue what servos to get though what works really good for belt cp what are you guys using and how is it working for you?? help is much appreaciated ty!
Old 10-24-2008, 03:50 PM
Empty Wallet

YIKES!
Thanks Zim.
It's much nicer than that bus pass you carry around in your wallet next to that unused condom from 1985.....We all expect you to knock every single thing we try to do to our Esky Heli's(and apparently our cars too). You don't even own an Esky product (or a car) so can you please just move along to the CopterX threads now. And stay there! I think someones 6061 aluminum head just broke and he needs your expert assistance on how to fix it. [sm=tired.gif]

Z
Oooooww
Testy testy.
Whats the matter ZZZimmm.
The roids flaring up again?

Maybe we should take a poll.
That car IS a piece-o-crap.
I mean, just look at it. its pathetic.
As for the CopterX its still flying great, Thanks for asking.
I use it for training now.
Dont want to bust up the new Trex600

And I do still have an HBFP that I take out to fly the dust off of now and then.
As for the BeltCP, it should be parked right next to your buddys car and people need to know it.
So I will NEVER go away unless they fix it.[>:]
Old 10-24-2008, 11:18 PM
funflier

Best for the King or best all around esc
If you want to spend a lot of money there are a lot of options if you are cheap and don't mind the wait there are some sleepers out there for the money

Hobbywing Guard 40A It has a true Switching UBEC built into it (5.3Volt 3A measured) and balance discharge protection (has a connector to plug your balance plug into and monitors not only your individual cells for low voltage and lowers power output to motor if any one cell drops below a preset limit but if the cell pack drops below a preset limit, unfortunatly this is 3.0 Volt for LiPo packs which and I have yet to see any king or CP fly on 9 volts!) Cost is about 42$ from Hooobby in China

TURNIGY Sentry 40amp Speed Controller Same as above (also made by same people just diff package) about 34$ from HobbyCity (aka HobbyKing) in Hong Kong
I am using the Turnigy at this time and after 8 battery packs one after another my 3800 motor is not even warm and my ESC barely noticably warm. BTW the measured voltage with this switching UBEC is 5.3 volt and 3 Amps, so be sure your rudder servo can handel 5.3 to 6 volt as the some Futaba digitals are for 5 volt only and they mean it!

Same programming card for either of the above is 12$ and worth it! I hate playing stick games setting up the perameters on these things, also it has a super soft start up for helis and it is super soft I can atest to that. Oh yeah it plays some neat Mozart (sorry. no Madonna, Paul Anka or Crue)

I would say a Futaba 240 gyro but as everything on the 401 can be set from the radio where as the 240 cannot I would say go for a 401 but... after looking at what else is out there and talking to other owners I would bet on a Logtec 2100 as best for the money. Often can find the 2100 by itself and then add your own servo of choice. It can be used with or without a digital servo if desired.
Good, fast hard to beat servo on the NON digital is the small (9gram) Futaba s3114 with about 20oz of torque and a very fast 1.0 sec/60 deg and all for only 15$, horns and gear sets are LHS available if needed.
Cyclic its hard to beat the HS-65HB but its pricey less you have a source, or scrounge ebay for a deal (I paid 68$ for 3 shipping included) Stay away from the MG version though as it they have a lot of play in the metal gears, so much that you can actually see it and visually compare it when there set next each other (metal gear servos are like that anyway)
Ask Zimatosa how tight my heli is with the HS-65HB and the head dialed in!
hope this helped you a little, sorry I get a little wordy at times.
Old 10-25-2008, 01:26 AM
Zim-uh-tosa

Funflier,

Do you mean HS65HB? I am searching for HS65KB and coming up with nothing? Either way, I can attest that his King is smooooooth as silk. Killer response from the cyclic servos. I can't comment on his tail servo because he has the tail set up at "Old-Fart speed". I think it takes about 4 minutes to do one piro! Hahaha j/k

Empty,

You go and buy a Copter that is turn key, fine. I love to work on things with my hands and like to learn about how everything works. In the process i enjoy watching the progression of my efforts. Maybe some people just don't have the money to throw at a hobby that they don't know if they will enjoy, so they start with a POS. Same with the Accord except my buddy had parts lying around from years of building and modding his cars. I see nothing wrong with going-to-town with your resources and building something functional. I must apologize for the fact that your parents never taught you this simple concept in the form of a pile of Legos. I am sure you had Legos, but probably the kits that were pre-assembled and glued together by your butler....Jeeves, right?

Z
Old 10-25-2008, 07:41 PM
inv|s|ble

also take note, that if you upgrade the gyro, you need to upgrade the tx/rx to use the gyros full potentional...the stock tx/rx will not let you adjust the gyro when switching modes...
Old 10-26-2008, 03:48 AM
helicrazedout

Oh so lets say i decide to get the futaba 240 gyro would it work fully with my stock esky transmitter?
Old 10-27-2008, 02:03 AM
Zim-uh-tosa

Oh so lets say i decide to get the futaba 240 gyro would it work fully with my stock esky transmitter?
I hated my stock Tx so I bought nicer radio before I bought a nicer Gyro. I run the Telebee($47.00) and for the most part, it keeps the tail nice and solid for beginners to learn all orientations and good fff. Once you outgrow basics, you want to then get a supreme Gyro. For the price of the 240, You can buy the Logictech 2100 and have $24.00 left over. The 2100 as far as what everyone here is saying about them, will perform just as well or better than even the 401. Believe it or not, the 2100 is only 10 grams, while the 240 is 25 grams and the 401 is 27 grams.

I just finally ditched the cruddy servos I was using in the cyclic(tower pro sg90) and installed HS65's. I am ordering my Logictech 2100 this week because other than the flimsy plastic King Frame, the Telebee is now the weakest link....I fly pretty basic, but I pull loops now and then. I can't stand the way the Telebee will drift during the moments of inertia, keeps me on high alert. Punch outs kinda suck too. Like a said, the Telebee has been great to learn all the basics. Beats the Esky gyro 10 fold(stock).

I don't think I answered your immediate question so sorry. You would not be able to take full advantage of all the benefits a nice gyro like that could give you without a nicer radio(DX6i, DX7, Futaba Fasst..etc..). All of your adjustments would have to be performed on the gyro itself and you would have to run the Gyro in only one mode, Rate or AVCS.
AVCS (Active Angular Velocity Control System)
This feature is the equivalent of heading hold, except that it utilizes a gyro sensor that's more accurate and less susceptible to vibration than conventional piezo gyros. It continually sends control signals to the servo , even when the tail is not moving, for extremely low temperature drift and more positive control for hovering and flying in crosswinds.

You also do not have a sub-trim available on the stock radio for servo "creep" adjustment. [link=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-O_ga2mrFZU]Servo creep video explanation from Blusaber1.[/link] Just so happens that he is using a 2100...

There are lots of other "fine tune" functions that make it worth buying a better radio first. Too many to list. Maybe someone else can pipe in about this!!?? hehe

Peace,

Z

Anyone wanna buy a Telebee Gyro? Haha
Old 10-27-2008, 06:49 AM
funflier

If you get the 240 gyro you will kick yourself for not spending the few $ more for the 401 later. The 401 can be switched from the radio (not the stock tx ) the 240 cannot.
I routinely switch between HH and rate when flying as I like to experiment. I know it is possible to set up a telebee gyro to run in HH mode all the time with a stock TX so I am sure it can be done with any other hh capable gyro. Bad side is you have to do all the setting of the HH gain on the gyro (land and turn the screw, go fly, land and turn the screw, go fly and so on)
If Druss sees this I am sure he knows how it is done as I believe he said something about about it some time ago.
Druss are you reading this???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.