Community
Search
Notices
Esky Helicopters Discuss the line of Esky electric helis in here including the Honey Bee, Lama, Belt CP, etc

Digital servo

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2008, 06:16 PM
rogerd
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Digital servo

One other question can I replace the standard servo with a digital on my belt cp or is that going to be a problem?
Old 10-26-2008, 07:12 PM
noobflyer01

Default RE: Digital servo

you can replace the stock servos with digital ones as long as they fit the mount. make sure you change all 3 cyclic servos with the same brand and specs. you can use any servo you want for the tail but people usually put the best servo on the tail since its always working the tail.
Old 10-27-2008, 07:25 AM
funflier

Replaceing the stock servowith a digital wont change anything as unless your gyro can "talk" to it in digital. It will act exactly like your old analog.
So unless your updating to a digital speaking gyro such as a futaba 401 or Logitec or similar your pretty much buying (digital servo) a chrome aircleaner for a electric motor.
Actually until your upgrad the gyro you might just go with a faster stronger servo that is more precise such as a futaba 3114 which may be small but is super fast very strong and only 15$ or a sg90 (think low $$ and bang for buck 4-9$)
Are you running a HH gyro now?? I should have asked this first anyway..
Watch for the flak on this post...hahaha
Old 10-27-2008, 07:29 AM
rogerd
My Feedback: (3)

No I have the standard gyro but going to go to heading hold soon.
Old 10-27-2008, 10:30 PM
funflier

Just beacuse a gyro is HH does not make it digital compatable.
Old 10-28-2008, 02:14 AM
Charlie

I've been reading about this GWS servo lately, might be worth checking out. I have a Buddy with a Belt CP and I think he is going to try it.

GWS Mini Park Series Servo: $12.35
(smaller than a standard size servo, though larger than Nano/Pico Servos)

Model: PARK HPX
Size: 30.86x16.17x28.5
Weight: 19g
Speed: (4.8v: 0.07sec)(6v: 0.05sec)
Torque: (4.8v: 3kg)(6v: 3.6kg)

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Us54772.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	21.0 KB
ID:	1060517  
Old 10-28-2008, 03:00 AM
white pulsss

well this makes me think.... i thought every head hold gyro works better with a digital servo. I have a telebee hh gyro and a jr digital servo. So really the digital servo isnt making a difference?
Old 10-28-2008, 07:01 AM
funflier

Telebee is not a digital gyro and will work no better with a digital servo then a analog servo. I run a Telebee with a futaba s3114 (analog) and it is very fast and very repeatable (when it returns to a previous position it can do it over and over without going over compensating or going past that position and having to return to it. This also means that they "remember" where "center" is and can return to it over and over) in short its accurate.
Hang on to that JR digital servo as they are one of the better servos out there but expensive.
What model is it?
I have 3 of the GWS HPX f servos which I think is the same servo. I bought and attempted to use for my cyclic. I don't think they are as strong as advertised as they are the only servos I ever ran on the cyclic that stripped gears without a crash or even a hard landing (besides the stock Esky servos) and none of them centered very well which means that when you put the controls back to center they may or may not go back to exact center... leads to heli not returning to trim after a correction. This is ok for a slow flying plane but really nerve wracking on a heli as your constently making what amounts to what would be unnecessary trim corrections all the time . All three servos did this and not always at the same time in the same way. Also I was never able to level my swash with them as like I said they do not center well and after setting the links I would find after one cycle I would have to relevel the swash plate again and agin. I will save them for a boat or flying stick, something that does not need a really accurate servo. I thought even the the Tower Pro 9g servos were much better performance wise.
Just my own experience with that model servo in a heli. Come to think of it the ones I had in a plane years ago was not much better but were talking heli here.