Community
Search
Notices
Esky Helicopters Discuss the line of Esky electric helis in here including the Honey Bee, Lama, Belt CP, etc

BIG LAMA

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2010, 08:19 AM
Sky Soldier

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: BIG LAMA

Hi R/B,

Moi misspell? Never! Did you consider that your friends do this intentionally?

Calm winds and Clean shorts,
Jerry
Old 06-04-2010, 08:29 AM
rikybob

ORIGINAL: Sky Soldier

Hi R/B,

Moi misspell? Never! Did you consider that your friends do this intentionally?

Calm winds and Clean shorts,
Jerry

The irony!

Hey, I think its stopped raining...........headin' outside!

Brain[sm=wink_smile.gif]
Old 06-04-2010, 08:40 AM
sgbfly

ORIGINAL: rikybob
PS....for all you that miss spell my name as "Brain", I really appreciate the ironey. Now go back and correct!
Hiya Big B,

Although unintentional, my typo was funny in the context that I was "applauding" your idea

Hi Brain,

My other happy hookin' pal!

Pinky sez: As for getting your bird dialed in like Simon's. It ain't gonna happen! [img]{akamaiimageforum}/image/s8.gif[/img] He actually flosses his gears with teflon coated teeth flossing devices! [img]{akamaiimageforum}/image/s6.gif[/img] You may approximate his efforts though! [img]../../../upfiles/smiley/lol.gif[/img]
What a great idea [img]images/smiley/msn/lightbulb.gif[/img] [img]images/smiley/msn/wink_smile.gif[/img]
Anyway correction made! I hope you approve

Go Fly!

Simon

ps. oops forgot to say great flying in your latest vid, I can only dream of such skills! Perhaps you should have included a flyby out of respect for the passing of your shorts.

Old 06-04-2010, 09:05 AM
Sky Soldier

Hi Ya'll,

Hate to cut short the Shorts, but I need to do a little BOL bidness here. Look at the pics below , and please tell me your ideas on how to mount the running gear in the fuselage. Any ideas will be greatly appreciated.

Calm winds,
Jerry
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Pn38020.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	87.6 KB
ID:	1447817   Click image for larger version

Name:	Av68562.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	93.5 KB
ID:	1447818   Click image for larger version

Name:	Xd80887.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	94.2 KB
ID:	1447819  
Old 06-04-2010, 09:17 AM
rikybob

Hi Ya'll,

Hate to cut short the shorts, but I need to do a little BOL bidness here. Look at the pics below tell me your ideas on how to mount the running gear in the fuselage. Any ideas will be greatly appreciated.

Calm winds,
Jerry

Jerry,

Thank god, a segue! It takes my mind off of my loss![]

I studied the pix like an FBI analyst and find that there are gear ON the fuse.[]

I rekon you mean somehow mounting the innerds to the existing fuse mounting plate??

Is that plate removable??[sm=72_72.gif]

Brian

PS Niiiiiiiiice fuse!
Old 06-04-2010, 09:25 AM
aircrash

Hi Jerry,

I really can`t give an idea if I`m not looking at it.
But Ithink you could take a look at another forum there is one fuselage like yours, if I remember right.

Today my wife went and took from the post office my newest BOL.
So I can have two brushed ones and one boardless brushless!
Now I need a "spare" one. A red one!

PS. I have to go to do the house`s jobs now...

Spiros
Old 06-04-2010, 09:28 AM
Sky Soldier

Hi Ya'll,

Hate to cut short the shorts, but I need to do a little BOL bidness here. Look at the pics below tell me your ideas on how to mount the running gear in the fuselage. Any ideas will be greatly appreciated.

Calm winds,
Jerry

Jerry,

Thank god, a segue! It takes my mind off of my loss![]

I studied the pix like an FBI analyst and find that there are gear ON the fuse.[]

I rekon you mean somehow mounting the innerds to the existing fuse mounting plate??

Is that plate removable??[sm=72_72.gif]

Brian

PS Niiiiiiiiice fuse!
Hey Brian,

Yeah, you got the idea, its them innards I'm talking about. The wood platform inside is glued in place. The landing gear struts peg into it from the underside. I'm thinking I need some type of bayonet arrangement so as to slide out them innards when I need to do some tunin.

Calm winds.
Jerry

Old 06-04-2010, 09:30 AM
sgbfly

Hi Ya'll,

Hate to cut short the Shorts, but I need to do a little BOL bidness here. Look at the pics below , and please tell me your ideas on how to mount the running gear in the fuselage. Any ideas will be greatly appreciated.

Calm winds,
Jerry
Hi Jerry,

I'll come back to you on this later, but I'm thinking - Is there enough space for the BOL chassis to sit on the wooden "plate"? Peter will probably have some good suggestions!

As a tease I found this:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cEmBgFcvR2I[/youtube]

Simon

Old 06-04-2010, 09:38 AM
aircrash

One could own less batteries and really fly continiously (step in here any time Spiros)!
Hi Brian,

I think it depends on where you fly the heli.

I had gone to the nice square, took 4 batteries with me.
Cooked all of them, had a great time. It took me only half an hour or so.
I couldn`t wait 1 hour (1C charging) for each battery to be charged... I would have to bring dinner with me!
But remember, I had 8 batteries, I could have brought all of them.
I just had not the extra time to spend there.

Anyway, eight chargers (4 PR301 + 1 EK2-0851 + 2 RTF + 1 Miracle Mart`s gift ) cost me less than two of yours.
Ten batteries (2 were from RTF) cost me less than two "good" batteries...

More enough I just took another RTF... so one more battery, one more charger!
And I`ll buy another one...

So I think there are two ways, or more. Find the one suits you.

Spiros

Old 06-04-2010, 09:46 AM
rikybob

ORIGINAL: sgbfly

Hi Ya'll,

Calm winds,
Jerry
Hi Jerry,

I'll come back to you on this later, but I'm thinking - Is there enough space for the BOL chassis to sit on the wooden ''plate''? Peter will probably have some good suggestions!

As a tease I found this:

Simon [img][/img]

Hiya Simon,

Recognize the landing gear??

Brian
Old 06-04-2010, 09:52 AM
rikybob

ORIGINAL: aircrash

One could own less batteries and really fly continiously (step in here any time Spiros)!
Hi Brian,

I think it depends on where you fly the heli.

I had gone to the nice square, took 4 batteries with me.
Cooked all of them, had a great time. It took me only half an hour or so.
I couldn`t wait 1 hour (1C charging) for each battery to be charged... I would have to bring dinner with me!
But remember, I had 8 batteries, I could have brought all of them.
I just had not the extra time to spend there.

Anyway, eight chargers (4 PR301 + 1 EK2-0851 + 2 RTF + 1 Miracle Mart`s gift ) cost me less than two of yours.
Ten batteries (2 were from RTF) cost me less than two ''good'' batteries...

More enough I just took another RTF... so one more battery, one more charger!
And I`ll buy another one...

So I think there are two ways, or more. Find the one suits you.

Spiros

Spiros,

I guess it does boil down to ones need. As you see in my vids I NEED to get a bigger place to fly. I have a place around the corner and will prolly carry the Jump Pack with me and hook the charger up to it! I also have a power inverter but don't want to leave my truck running for a long period of time!

Happy flyin'!

Brian
Old 06-04-2010, 09:55 AM
rikybob

All!

Great milestone for me! I have had a lot of trepidation about 360's as they have cost me about 150bux collectivley![:@]

You are witness to my having done it (yah, I know back in 2008) in my vids!

Today, a few minutes ago I conducted my [link=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wud0FHSDxNk]first Pirouettes[/link]! Hooooo T phreakin' Hoooooo! [sm=wink_smile.gif]

Annnnnnd I got it on film![sm=regular_smile.gif]

Enjoy my snappy SNAPPY REPARTEE and great film production!!![sm=lol.gif]

Brian (Pinkey)[sm=biggrin.gif]

Ps Mike, your reckless abandon is secondary only to.........ahhhhh you know who I am talkin' about!
Pss Peter, hbk2flyer's video's are REALLY, REALLY good and funny!
Old 06-04-2010, 09:58 AM
rikybob

Hi Ya'll,

Calm winds,
Jerry
Jerry,

I have pondered this. If the "entrails" actually fit inside the fuse I tend to want to disolve the glue. Remove mounting plate and modify in such a way as to be able to "decoratively screw" it in place from the outside of the fuse at four points. That way it is removable. Make sense?

Brian
Old 06-04-2010, 10:18 AM
Sky Soldier

Hey Brian,

Thanks for the thoughts. Not sure about marring the looks with screws from the outside. I'm hoping Dave will jump in here and expose the secrets he used in mounting his. Click back to page 201 and view the pics he posted in #5002

Scroll down to bottom of page on this link and see the pics that seem to show the BOL sitting inside with no apparent mounting, just like the pics in the bottom of this post.

www.helidirect.com/fusuno-250-md500e-scale-body-military-p-11541.hdx

Calm winds,
Jerry

Name:	Fd91833.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	72.1 KB
ID:	1447844   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hc94332.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	80.7 KB
ID:	1447845  
Old 06-04-2010, 11:32 AM
rikybob

Hey Brian,

Thanks for the thoughts. Not sure about marring the looks with screws from the outside. I'm hoping Dave will jump in here and expose the secrets he used in mounting his. Click back to page 201 and view the pics he posted in #5002

Scroll down to bottom of page on this link and see the pics that seem to show the BOL sitting inside with no apparent mounting, just like the pics in the bottom of this post.

http://www.helidirect.com/fusuno-250...ry-p-11541.hdx

Calm winds,
Jerry

Jerry,

I studied the photos from Dave and noted an aluminum mounting bracket but not certain how he did it. Did you PM him about it?? I would be very interested in this as well!

Good luck!

Time to sleep, then work!

Brian

Name:	Nl28538.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	32.4 KB
ID:	1447847  
Old 06-04-2010, 12:47 PM
Ooben

I sure like the looks of scale fuselages, may have to get one someday (wishlist item #2356) On a side note, I put my Parts Lama in the air this morning for the first time...note I didn't say I flew it, just got it off the ground...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3z0g6nyIcCE[/youtube]

It seems to way more responsive than the Berserk Big Lama, is that because of the extended shaft? I also noticed that the flybar seems to have more movement with the metal head, maybe that's it?

I know my fleet pales compared to some you guys have, but it is growing...

Notice the blue streak in the upper right hand corner? That's one of the kids in the shop doing his imitation of a "Tokyo Drift" with his RC car....
Mike

P.S. How do you put thumbnails of your pics in a post? All I have been able to figure out is the full size pic.......
Old 06-04-2010, 05:42 PM
Buz

Hey Brian,

http://www.helidirect.com/fusuno-250...ry-p-11541.hdx

Calm winds,
Jerry

Are there any screws from underneath that go into the 4 attachment points for the BOL landing gear. I see the struts are sitting flat on the wood deck. There has to me more to hold it on than just those 4 little screws though.
I have one of those on the way also. But, I bought the Kestrel MB 500 body. I don' t know if they came from the same place... but mine weighs 3 OUNCES! We may need larger blades. I think it's too short for the Blade SR. I forgot how long the SR is... Is that a 357mm long fuselage. Looks good!

Buzz
Old 06-04-2010, 10:59 PM
pgroom_68

Hello fellow Helimaniacs!,
I have to work the PM shift today so I slipped outside in the wind to fly the Blade SR (the BOL looked on, forelorn) and got a little tape.
I am becoming more daring and am slowly doing 360's (3min 52sec punctuated by ''sweet'')! [link=http://www.youtube.com/user/b4566bb#p/u/6/1n4ldnqR3_U]Enjoy my usual completly ''in frame'' production and commentary![/link]!
Best to all!
B-r-i-a-n
PS....for all you that miss spell my name as ''Brain'', I really appreciate the ironey. Now go back and correct!
Hey again Brian,

I hope that I am not guilty of this misnomer
Finally, you got rid of those shorts (do I sounds like your wife?) I just hope that you are not walking your SR around the neighbourhood picking boogers out of your nose and SHORT-LESS[X(][sm=confused_smile.gif] ROFLOL

May I make a CP learning suggestion[sm=red_smile.gif] (or is this too much considering that I haven't flown a CP for two years???? - if it is just disregard) This [link=http://www.youtube.com/watch#!v=D6AWyXxq6EE&feature=related]VIDEO - Flight School #6[/link] (at 2'05) probably explains it the best way - Richard refers to it as 'an advanced' "lazy-8". It is a smooth left/pause/right/pause action that keeps your bird tail in at different angles while keeping your CP in front of you and beside you - see why I leave the explainations to video?? My explainations are cr@p - but I know what I am trying to say[&:].........LOL

All jokes aside it is great to see that you are getting so much stick time - as I can't seem to get any (real stick time[sm=wink_smile.gif]) - and have to stay indoors and fly with [link=http://www.rcflightsim.com/]Clearview[/link].

Peter[sm=shades_smile.gif]
Old 06-04-2010, 11:36 PM
pgroom_68

All!
Great milestone for me! I have had a lot of trepidation about 360's as they have cost me about 150bux collectivley![:@]
You are witness to my having done it (yah, I know back in 2008) in my vids!
Today, a few minutes ago I conducted my [link=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wud0FHSDxNk]first Pirouettes[/link]! Hooooo T Phreakin' Hoooooo! [sm=wink_smile.gif]
Annnnnnd I got it on film![sm=regular_smile.gif]
Enjoy my snappy SNAPPY REPARTEE and great film production!!![sm=lol.gif]
(Pinkey)[sm=biggrin.gif]
Ps Mike, your reckless abandon is secondary only to.........ahhhhh you know who I am talkin' about!
Pss Peter, hbk2flyer's video's are REALLY, REALLY good and funny!
Hey again Pinkey aka Brian,

Really good stuff mate
Do your hands shake when you put down the Tx after successfully trying something new.......[sm=teeth_smile.gif]
That stick time really has made a diff to your confidence levels mate!!
[link=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4wYmX8bL-EE&NR=1]HERE[/link] is another flier who has bound his SR back to the stock Tx and if performing slow piros to show how stable the hover has been made on the stock bird by the added EXPO settings on the Tx. Note: He is an experienced flier. After his first attempt he raises the tail a little using the forward cyclic and his piros are a lot better!

P.S. Mike, I haven't had time to view your latest videos as yet - but time soon I promise![sm=49_49.gif]
Old 06-04-2010, 11:58 PM
pgroom_68

ORIGINAL: Ooben
I sure like the looks of scale fuselages, may have to get one someday (wishlist item #2356) On a side note, I put my Parts Lama in the air this morning for the first time...note I didn't say I flew it, just got it off the ground...
[youtube]
It seems to way more responsive than the Berserk Big Lama, is that because of the extended shaft? I also noticed that the flybar seems to have more movement with the metal head, maybe that's it?
I know my fleet pales compared to some you guys have, but it is growing...
Notice the blue streak in the upper right hand corner? That's one of the kids in the shop doing his imitation of a ''Tokyo Drift'' with his RC car....
Mike
P.S. How do you put thumbnails of your pics in a post? All I have been able to figure out is the full size pic.......
Hey again Mike,

You are learning throttle control - which is a very important thing mate!
Try lifting off (from a cardboard box) to a slightly higher altitude (over grass or similar soft surface), say 3 feet, and HOLDING your bird there (with the tail towards you) - by pulsing the right stick - and count to 10 before lowering it gently again! Sound easy? At first - it is not easy I assure you![sm=49_49.gif] But after three or four concentrated efforts, you should suddenly get it and be smoother in hover with the throttle....

P.S. Before trying this I suggest that you have another set of blades handy - just in case[&:]
P.P.S. The higher altitude gets you out of the GE which is affecting the blades and thus pushing your bird in all directions......
Old 06-05-2010, 12:14 AM
pgroom_68

Hi Ya'll,
Calm winds,
Hey again Jerry,

My suggestion is to design a kind of "mezzanine" level out of aluminium that can slide forwards a few inches (taking the BOL frame with it) and then the BOL frame slides a few inches more on top of this. This whole system would allow the frame to stick out enough to make adjustments to the linkages etc and when completed - it could "two-part" slide back in again and the front on the fuselage reattached.
One other thing - get [link=http://super-skids.com/]super-skids[/link] (and maybe even an adapter 450) - that existing skid set-up looks like it would collapse after a couple of hard landings.......

Old 06-05-2010, 07:43 AM
Sky Soldier

Hey Buzz,

Only the 4 little screws came with the kit, even though 2 more longer ones are needed to attach the stabilizer fin and tail planes on the tail. The single sheet of 5x8 inch paper, that has a few pics on both sides and serves as instructions, seem to show those 4 screws going into the top of the landing gear pegs as they are slotted into the platform. While the plastic struts seem sturdy, I don’t think they’ll take many hard landings and will need to be replaced, as Peter suggested, with Super Skids or something similar.

I really didn’t pay attention to the weight when I ordered it. The specs show this one @ 5.64 oz or 160g. My gram scales should arrive any day now, so I can’t confirm that weight yet. However, I don’t think it should be that much of a problem as one of the guys over on rcgroups (I think it was Lee) proved that the BOL can lift an object equal to it own weight.

The overall length of this one is 16.73 in or 425 mm.

I hope you have lots of fun stuffing the innards into your new fuselage.

I’ll be happy with mine if it’ll just tool around on scale flight provoking nostalgic memories and if it has any extra weight capacity, perhaps take aloft a G.I. Joe Paratrooper.

Calm winds and Cool flying,
Jerry

ps. Of course the G.I. Joe will have to wear the unit patch of the 173rd Airborne Brigade whose official unit nic-name is Sky Soldier's, unofficial nic: The Herd.

Old 06-05-2010, 08:17 AM
aircrash

The specs show this one @ 5.64 oz or 160g.
Hi Jerry,

For the comparison stock fuselage weighs 31.5g
After taping it got 42.4g
After the taping and the leds it must get around 51g.

However, I don’t think it should be that much of a problem as one of the guys over on rcgroups (I think it was Lee) proved that the BOL can lift an object equal to it own weight.
Hmm, my brushed BOLat 465g could have enough power.
But at 485g it started to have some power problems. It can lift but not fly as good as it is when it is at 450 to 465g.
The motors get hotter and the battery also, the flying time is decreased in addition.

More enough my modded chassis boardless brushless BOL does not fly good at more than 550g, even if it has lots of power left.

So a +128.5g more weight than a stock BOL makes it be at about 533g, without any heatsinks or extended shaft or any other modification.
If you add some mods then it`ll go more than 550g...
Too much for a brushed one or even for a brushless one. It will need 400D blades in full length.

Spiros

Old 06-05-2010, 08:45 AM
Sky Soldier

ORIGINAL: pgroom_68

Hi Ya'll,
Calm winds,
Hey again Jerry,

My suggestion is to design a kind of "mezzanine" level out of aluminium that can slide forwards a few inches (taking the BOL frame with it) and then the BOL frame slides a few inches more on top of this. This whole system would allow the frame to stick out enough to make adjustments to the linkages etc and when completed - it could "two-part" slide back in again and the front on the fuselage reattached.
One other thing - get [link=http://super-skids.com/]super-skids[/link] (and maybe even an adapter 450) - that existing skid set-up looks like it would collapse after a couple of hard landings.......

Hey Peter,

Thanks for the thoughts, Mate. I believe I understand your thoughts exactly and very good thoughts they are. You are spot on about the skids. They’re gonna have to be replaced.

While waiting for Dave to reply to my PM, I’ve been reviewing the pics he posted on page 201 and the pics on the Helidirect website.www.helidirect.com/fusuno-250-md500e-scale-body-military-p-11541.hdx What I over-looked on the website pics, perhaps because of the red color, was the large zip ties holding the BOL down on the platform. If there are tapered studs screwed into the BOL battery frame that mate up with slighty smaller holes drilled into the platform and held in place by the zip ties, that may be the simplest and lightest option. With this option, I think a spreader bar will be needed to keep the zip tie tension from distorting the BOL frame and main gears.

Anyway, Thanks for taking the time to respond.

Hope your weather gets to your likin soon.

Calm winds and Clear sky
Jerry

ps. Thanks for the numbers Spiros! Maybe my scale will arrive today

Old 06-05-2010, 08:45 AM
Edmund2

Hi there all. Cooked a few inside and small garden as it is too windy for BOL. Fired up bothCP's for a few hops as well. Then went to get another fusefor stock BOL after it's nosejob left it a bit shortand they had only a red one. Well it flies the same just don't look the same.

Catch you in the morrow as I have another hour of flying left before wifey gets home and I see it about only Peter not on line as he is sleeping by now.

Here then the new look hanger as the CP2CX had it's fuse trimmed as well.

Edmund2

Name:	Sq48288.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	123.9 KB
ID:	1448175   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sn42328.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	75.6 KB
ID:	1448176  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.