Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > Esky Helicopters
Reload this Page >

USHS HBKv3 Tuner Thread

Community
Search
Notices
Esky Helicopters Discuss the line of Esky electric helis in here including the Honey Bee, Lama, Belt CP, etc

USHS HBKv3 Tuner Thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2009, 09:11 PM
Disney1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: USHS HBKv3 Tuner Thread

I have quite a few manuals in my files. Let me see what I can find
Your radio is 2.4G?

Old 12-31-2009, 09:15 PM
Disney1

Here is the 2.4g manual
Hope this helps if you need a different manual let me know
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Ca82550.pdf (2.44 MB, 5 views)
Old 12-31-2009, 10:28 PM
liquid1

ORIGINAL: Disney1

Mode 1 is the standard in Europ, Throttel on the Right
Mode 2 is the standard here in the USA. Throttle on the Left.
Thanks a heap..USA Mode 2 it is..
Old 01-01-2010, 10:33 PM
liquid1

Well I flew the King 3 today the Gyro worked nice. heli is really quick and has great power..On my decent from a 60' hover I let it
touch the concrete at an angle ..errr and busted the top fly bar mount..I looked up the parts and there the same as my king 2..he he
But I think I;ll order up a few spare parts....I'm rusty and have lots to learn..Played with controls for 30 minutes before I went for it
wahooo what a rush..I ran with the Gyro on and piv half I steady played with the controls..Nice..Lots of power stock 2.4G..
Old 01-02-2010, 11:01 AM
Disney1

Good on the first flight but sorry about the crash.

If you are talking about the Fly bar See Saw there is a diffearnace in tehm the new fly bar is 2.0mm versusthe old fly bar is 1.8mm
The Esky part numbers are different on most of the head parts. If you do find direct crossover HBK2/3 parts pleaselet us all know.
I just went to the E-Sky Mfgr site the head parts are different on the Fly Bar Seee Saw, Fly Bar Control Arms and Bell Hiller Arms.
THis all relates to the 2.0mm Flybar.

Old 01-02-2010, 08:21 PM
dprince

got to crash them its all part of the hobby. just think of all you learn while sitting there putting your bird back together and having all that time to think about how and why God I love this hobby. oh yeh why hello there disney long time since we last had talked. whats new for the hbk3 as in upgrade parts?? (lets talk frames for a second.) am i the only one who breaks these frames just about every crash??? jb weld is getting old these frames suck is there going to be any upgrades for this thing?? now i have alumnium skids very rigid maybe thats it? not sure someone send me some info please?
Old 01-03-2010, 10:52 AM
Disney1

Great to here from you .
I would suspect (as you do)that the Aluminum LG is the problem.
When you crash the force has to be disapated. It is transmitted to the frame throught the skids.
I would suggest going back to the Original Stock skids or getting SuperSkids 400's

Old 01-05-2010, 08:12 PM
liquid1

Good on the first flight but sorry about the crash.

If you are talking about the Fly bar See Saw there is a diffearnace in tehm the new fly bar is 2.0mm versus the old fly bar is 1.8mm
The Esky part numbers are different on most of the head parts. If you do find direct crossover HBK2/3 parts please let us all know.
I just went to the E-Sky Mfgr site the head parts are different on the Fly Bar Seee Saw, Fly Bar Control Arms and Bell Hiller Arms.
THis all relates to the 2.0mm Flybar.

heres what I broke..Snapped the screw at the bell arm..I'm just a little confused the big explosion pic schematic parts shows it to be part# 001/0401 flybar central holder
Here it is usa hobby calls it somthing else..Looks like I'll be ordering a few of these.Did the price go up over the weekend I taught I seen sunday a complete head repair with this part included for the same price..Thanks for the heads up..The weather here in NC has turned cold and windy..It was a sweet short flight..
https://www.ushobbysupply.com/produc...roducts_id=956
Old 01-06-2010, 09:25 AM
Disney1

No the price did not change.
I looked at the same part you did and then cross linked it and found that the head repair "kit" you saw is only for the Belt CPv1/King-2.
I contacted US Hobby Supply as to the Misinformayion and they corrected it.
It will not work on the King 3 because of the differance in the Fly Bar diameters.
Sorry for the Crummy weather, it is similar here in Florida just no snww it was 29 for the low here in Orlando last night.

Old 01-07-2010, 07:54 PM
liquid1

Its good your on top of it..I was going to order 2 kits till I seen your post..It was a sweet kit and deal..
I'll just order a few of the parts I need and might need..
Yea the weather has been the coldest in 25 years..Kinda will take the Zap outa a battery ..Can't wait to get another flight in..The king 3 to me is easier to fly to me..Well hover I'm not that good at much else yet !!
[sm=drowning.gif]
Old 01-23-2010, 10:04 PM
liquid1

Been down loading models for the FMS Sim..Gonna gotta get the rust off my controls..Anyone use the Stock 2.4ghz with the FMS sim if so what cord do I need..I ordered
Some parts to repair both birds..The king 2 and King 3..wahoooo..
Old 01-24-2010, 12:52 AM
warpnine

I strongly suggest not wasting your time with FMS, especially when their are other very low cost flight simulator programs like ClearView ( http://rcflightsim.com/download.html ) that work much better! I use ClearView which has a bunch of free models for it, excellent flight physics simulation, photo-realistic models and sceanary, weather, a flight recorder, multiple camera angles, 3D or normal helicopter flight, smoke and crash simulation, and several training modes. You can even make your own flight models (with some tools or just by modifying one that you start out with - which is what I did) and landscapes too. It is awesome for the price and not only supports helicopters, but airplanes and more recently cars too. ClearView is a great deal since for a one time $39 purchase - you get all future upgrades for free. These come out every 3 months or so, and aren't just bug fixes - the author adds a lot of new features too. I've updated mine about a dozen times since I got it, as well as gotten models for the Honey Bee King2 (which I modified for a HH gyro!) and a Belt CP too. You can try ClearView for free before you buy it, but only for a short period of time (5 minutes of flight time).

I use the Esky 0905A USB controller (about $30 here: https://www.ushobbysupply.com/produc...roducts_id=518 ) rather than messing up my real transmitter trying to get it to work, and it works great with ClearView. (The fact that it is a 4 channel controller doesn't even matter either, since the simulator software generates the other channels that would otherwise be missing). You want to get a USB controller for sure, since trying to fly the simulator with just the keyboard isn't even close to flying your real helicopter.

Give ClearView a look, and I think you'll like it much better than FMS - especially because its flight models seem to work much more realistically. FMS reminds me of the saying: "Anything free is worth what you pay for it"! It may be a free flight simulator, but it's just not very good...

Just my $0.02 anyway! -

Dave
Old 01-31-2010, 04:02 PM
bigbore

ORIGINAL: warpnine

I strongly suggest not wasting your time with FMS, especially when their are other very low cost flight simulator programs like ClearView ( http://rcflightsim.com/download.html ) that work much better! I use ClearView which has a bunch of free models for it, excellent flight physics simulation, photo-realistic models and sceanary, weather, a flight recorder, multiple camera angles, 3D or normal helicopter flight, smoke and crash simulation, and several training modes. You can even make your own flight models (with some tools or just by modifying one that you start out with - which is what I did) and landscapes too. It is awesome for the price and not only supports helicopters, but airplanes and more recently cars too. ClearView is a great deal since for a one time $39 purchase - you get all future upgrades for free. These come out every 3 months or so, and aren't just bug fixes - the author adds a lot of new features too. I've updated mine about a dozen times since I got it, as well as gotten models for the Honey Bee King2 (which I modified for a HH gyro!) and a Belt CP too. You can try ClearView for free before you buy it, but only for a short period of time (5 minutes of flight time).

I use the Esky 0905A USB controller (about $30 here: https://www.ushobbysupply.com/produc...roducts_id=518 ) rather than messing up my real transmitter trying to get it to work, and it works great with ClearView. (The fact that it is a 4 channel controller doesn't even matter either, since the simulator software generates the other channels that would otherwise be missing). You want to get a USB controller for sure, since trying to fly the simulator with just the keyboard isn't even close to flying your real helicopter.

Give ClearView a look, and I think you'll like it much better than FMS - especially because its flight models seem to work much more realistically. FMS reminds me of the saying: ''Anything free is worth what you pay for it''! It may be a free flight simulator, but it's just not very good...

Just my $0.02 anyway! -

Dave
Took your advice and checked it out. I played around with the trial version and bought it right away. I'm using the keyboard until my controller arrives. Wish I would have purchased a sim years ago! Spending less than $75 for everything shipped would have saved me hundreds over the years![&o]

I'm actually flying the planes just as much as the heli's, that's where I started and I guess you just can't take the stripes off a tiger.
Old 01-31-2010, 06:55 PM
warpnine

Yeah, nothing can humble you faster and cheaper than a flight sim! I figure that until you can keep the sim helicopter up and stable for several minutes, you shouldn't be trying to fly in real life yet. I spent about a month flying the sim for like an hour a day before my first real crash (which was partially contributed to by the poor set up of the real helicopter) and I really think it helped.

It will be a lot easier (and more realistic) for you to fly, once you get the USB controller!

I also like the easy ability to try flying different models on the flight sim too - sort of give you the feel of what is different between them. The HBK2 models and the Belt CP certinally fly differently... I have a HBK2 model for ClearView that I modified (just by editing the parameters file) for a HH gyro, shoot me a note if you'd like a copy of it.

My son loves the F-15 demo in ClearView, although we haven't tried to wreck any real planes yet. Can't imaging trying to flying anything that big and expensive!

Good (real and virtual) flying! (We had 8 inches of snow yesterday, and probably have a few more months before Spring "flying weather" will really be here).
Dave
Old 01-31-2010, 10:30 PM
bigbore

ORIGINAL: warpnine

It will be a lot easier (and more realistic) for you to fly, once you get the USB controller!

I also like the easy ability to try flying different models on the flight sim too - sort of give you the feel of what is different between them. The HBK2 models and the Belt CP certinally fly differently... I have a HBK2 model for ClearView that I modified (just by editing the parameters file) for a HH gyro, shoot me a note if you'd like a copy of it.

My son loves the F-15 demo in ClearView, although we haven't tried to wreck any real planes yet. Can't imaging trying to flying anything that big and expensive!

Good (real and virtual) flying! (We had 8 inches of snow yesterday, and probably have a few more months before Spring ''flying weather'' will really be here).
Dave
I have, and can fly the real deal now. I was pretty good with a CX, never could master a Blade and now I can hover my HBK2. I learned everything the $ way.

I'm finding that the Clearview sim seems to recreate the flying characteristics VERY realistically with the different models flying as they do in reality. The CX being tame, the Blade VERY sensitive to inputs and the HBK2, well, just like an HBK2.

Amazing for a $40 program!

The F-15 is BAD*****! I'm flying that quite a bit and am able to land it now. I am taking it up verticle off the runway and doing a loop and approach and practicing landing, really no flying to speak of just landings. Take-off is just full throttle and pull back on the stick and you're vert.

E-sky 905a controller comes tomorrow. I'm not going to tweak any programs for now but I did take a peek at the code parms. I may take you up on it someday though, thanks.
Old 02-01-2010, 01:11 PM
bigbore

My controller arrived.

The Clearview HBK2 in the gym is so realistic I may never fly the real thing again.

If you don't have a sim spend the $70, it will save you more $ in the long run, probably short term as well.
Old 02-06-2010, 09:25 PM
liquid1

Thanks Warpnine and Bigbore..I will for sure check out the clearview..The FMS I have I paid $20.00 for and have the controller 4 channel ..I just ordered A E-Flite apprentice with the Specktrum 5E 2.4 ghz plane so I need all the help i can get..I have the King 11 and King 111 so it being on there is awesome..The new King 111 is much quicker and more responsive than the stock King 11 to me in real life.Its time to sell the the King 11..he he..
Old 02-08-2010, 11:18 AM
bigbore

ORIGINAL: liquid1

Thanks Warpnine and Bigbore..I will for sure check out the clearview..The FMS I have I paid $20.00 for and have the controller 4 channel ..
Since you have the controller with FMS you can download Clearview for free and try the program for about 3 hours before buying a license. That is plenty of time to see what a value it is for $40. Maybe not as nice as the top of the line sim but but pretty much spot-on fly characteristics for the heli's and planes.
Old 02-12-2010, 12:27 AM
liquid1

ORIGINAL: bigbore

Thanks Warpnine and Bigbore..I will for sure check out the clearview..The FMS I have I paid $20.00 for and have the controller 4 channel ..
Since you have the controller with FMS you can download Clearview for free and try the program for about 3 hours before buying a license. That is plenty of time to see what a value it is for $40. Maybe not as nice as the top of the line sim but but pretty much spot-on fly characteristics for the heli's and planes.
Thanks a heap for the heads up..I just bought it WOW its sweet, I already loaded the king bee 11 in several colors . I can't find the King 3 or the E-Flight apprentice anywhere yet
best $40.00 I have spent in a While. I like the option of seeing the sticks move while flying and the pic in a pic. Great Simulator its a Step above the E-sky FMS in the Feel and crash part for sure..Awesome I just torn up more hardware than I could ever afford to repair..sweet!!!
Old 02-13-2010, 12:45 AM
bigbore

Thanks a heap for the heads up..I just bought it WOW its sweet, I already loaded the king bee 11 in several colors . I can't find the King 3 or the E-Flight apprentice anywhere yet
best $40.00 I have spent in a While. I like the option of seeing the sticks move while flying and the pic in a pic. Great Simulator its a Step above the E-sky FMS in the Feel and crash part for sure..Awesome I just torn up more hardware than I could ever afford to repair..sweet!!!
Try the Huey, BIG stable flyer. My favorite is the Hughes 500E, it's a sweet flyer. I have to limit myself or I would waste too many hours on the thing. Enjoy![sm=thumbup.gif]
Old 02-13-2010, 11:27 AM
liquid1

Try the Huey, BIG stable flyer. My favorite is the Hughes 500E, it's a sweet flyer. I have to limit myself or I would waste too many hours on the thing. Enjoy![sm=thumbup.gif]
I'll check them out..Me to its easy to stay on the sim for hours..
Old 02-18-2010, 06:14 PM
liquid1

Okay i went and tackled replacing the part I broke on the king 3..I am learning quick I need to invest in more tiny tools..Its strange working with so tiny parts
whey your use to pulling 1" and up wrench's all day..
Anyhow here's what I was replacing when I broke another part..errr any sugestions on disembling the center hub set. I broke the flybar center holder in my first crash
so I was spreading the ears on the center hub set gently to get the stem out of the bearing and pop..Now I need a head sight..err.The weather has been alittle better
and wanted to practice hovering only..Well its back to ordering more parts. would you guys go with a complete aluminum set or stock replacement parts till I get better
at landings..I think I will concentrate on the clearview sim for a bit more..But its killing me to see my Heli sitting there all torn down..
heres the parts needed. The ears snapped when i Barley spread them anyone have a trick. Maybe heat the plastic so it will flex. Or just buy new with every fly bar center holder replacement..And I also have the 3mm for the 5.5mm nuts on the way..
https://www.ushobbysupply.com/produc...roducts_id=841
Old 02-20-2010, 07:24 AM
Disney1

Morning Liquid1:
You do not have to spread the Rotor Hub to change the Flybar case.
The trick to replacing the Flybar Case is to remove the bearings from the Rotor Hub first.
Remove the screws that hold the Flybar Case Bearings in place work the two bearings out of the Rotor Head and the Flybar Case will slide out no problem. If you need more he;p just ask. Always glad to help.
Some of the parts replacemant on these small helis is a pain in the!

Old 03-06-2010, 10:49 AM
liquid1

Morning Liquid1:
You do not have to spread the Rotor Hub to change the Flybar case.
The trick to replacing the Flybar Case is to remove the bearings from the Rotor Hub first.
Remove the screws that hold the Flybar Case Bearings in place work the two bearings out of the Rotor Head and the Flybar Case will slide out no problem. If you need more he;p just ask. Always glad to help.
Some of the parts replacemant on these small helis is a pain in the!

Thanks disney, I tried getting the bearing out with no luck so it broke and I ordered and have recieved the new parts..But now I find that the main shaft the rotors are mounted to is bent hopfully this will be my last part needed so I can get it all back together and up in the air. I will try and straighten shaft but not to confident as its the one that got nuts on both sides the blade mounts to and has to be perfect for balance. I am not seeing this on the UShobby supply parts break down. its part# 044 which is the cross shaft part# 000668 qty 4 not seeing 4 on the heli ?? This is the last part am I over looking it..its been so long the training skids will be back on before flight..WOW theres tiny parts hope the re-assemble goes back ok..[sm=spinnyeyes.gif]
Old 03-19-2010, 01:32 PM
[email protected]

Do I need to split the frame to get the main shaft out, or will it slide out? I see you can push the shaft up to change the main gear, will it come all the way out by pushing up.

Thanks.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.