Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > Esky Helicopters
Reload this Page >

The King has arrived! :)

Community
Search
Notices
Esky Helicopters Discuss the line of Esky electric helis in here including the Honey Bee, Lama, Belt CP, etc

The King has arrived! :)

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2009, 07:52 PM
--={Luft}=--

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The King has arrived! :)

Hello Pilots!!!

My HBK2 from UShobbysupplay has arrived. I wanted to share picture with you. First i am excited as hack and first instinct wast to put battery in it and give it a whirl, but due to bad whether i will stay grounded for few days. Which is fine it will give me time to set everything up properly. It looks intimidating to a beginners eye. So many parts etc, but i think i can work my way through it, just got to learn all the terminology and read through the manual. Which i have been doing.

Right out of the box, before i fly, i plan on doing this:

1. Take off blades and balance them
2. Fix the wing on the tail, got to turn it 90degris and connect the thin sticks to frame
3. Track the blades

I am very happy, Want to thank all you and Michael from USHobbySupplay for great service and help, also for including extra part for no charge for me. I ordered my heli on Thursday evening and it arrived today.

Nermin

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Mk25965.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	95.4 KB
ID:	1105085  
Old 01-06-2009, 08:06 PM
Cheam24

Default RE: The King has arrived! :)

Good luck ! I suppose you have read the posts on the "tuner shop". They were very helpful for me.
Old 01-06-2009, 08:09 PM
warpnine

Great!

Make sure all the servos are moving in the correct directions when you use the cyclic (right stick), and that the swash plate is level when the helicopter is first powered up. (If not, re-center the servos and adjust the lengths of the linkage arms until the swash is level). Take it real slow and do the Radd's excercises before you try to do too much.

If you don't already have some, get some small philips jeweler's screw drivers at Radio Shack or someplace - since these are essential for all the small screws on the helicopter. It is also a good idea to make sure all the screws on the thing are tight too (but don't over tighten them, or you'll strip the plastic).

Enjoy!
Dave
Old 01-06-2009, 08:12 PM
--={Luft}=--

thanks guys, yah i will have to take it slow for now. the tunup thread is huge i better start going through it now as its going to be a while before i go though it all.
Old 01-06-2009, 08:39 PM
USHobbySupply

GREAT NEWS indeed! Ping me or the group if you have questions!

Michael
Old 01-06-2009, 08:52 PM
--={Luft}=--

I am charging the 11 v lipo battery how long dose the charge take?
Old 01-06-2009, 08:56 PM
USHobbySupply

2 - 3 hours
Old 01-07-2009, 01:05 AM
dugaroo
My Feedback: (3)

Hi Nermin
Do you have any mods planned for the King. By the way the King II has been my favorite heli. I probably have 3 times more air time with it than all my other combined but I just got the King 3 so that may change soon.
Good luck
Doug
Old 01-07-2009, 09:43 AM
noobflyer01

congrats on the purchase Luft just a few tips:
1. the brushed motor sucks... it will die quickly and gets very hot....replace with brushless motor and esc
2. check the screws on the heli. tight but not too tight
3. the tail slider is poorly designed. it doesnt give the full throw. read the tuner thread for mods.
4. the belt may slide off track on the guides. again check tuner thread for mods.
5. have fun and get a training gear.
Old 01-07-2009, 07:09 PM
--={Luft}=--

Thanks guys for the tips. I just quickly put a battery pack in and tested all they systems just so everything powers up. So far so good. As far as mods, ill probably keep it stock except the necessary stuff, like motors/esc, and broken parts replacment. Its allot of stuff to learn right now so i have to keep it simple for now.

Last night i downloaded clearview demo and cant figure out how to calibrate or setup my esky tx with the program. Has anybody used this combo and could give me some help on how to get these two working together properly, would help allot? Atleast while its snowing outside i could keep practice flying.
Old 01-07-2009, 07:14 PM
noobflyer01

if you're using the stock 6 channel remote i believe there is a switch in the back you have to toggle for the sim to work. i just use the 4-channel tx that come with my HBFP. and it just automatically work. i've been using clearview for 4 months with amazing results.
Old 01-07-2009, 07:29 PM
warpnine

The attached image (at least I hope it's attacvhed) shows how ClearView is set up to work with the Esky 0905A USB controller. I never tried to do it with the stock Tx, so if there is a switch on the back that you have to throw - that may be one reason why ClearView isn't seeing it.

Once in a blue moon, I've had the Windows Vista operating system fails to recognize the controller - in which case the ADC option won't show up in ClearView. If that happens, re-boot with the controller plugged in. I've only seen this two or three times in almost 9 months...

Cheers,
Dave
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Jh14528.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	69.9 KB
ID:	1105862  
Old 01-07-2009, 07:46 PM
--={Luft}=--

Thanks guys, let me try Daves config and see if it works out for me. I dont see any switches in the back but i do have switches in front here is some pics of my tx

Old 01-07-2009, 07:49 PM
noobflyer01

i think the switches are behind the batteries. i remember someone mentioned it somewhere[sm=50_50.gif]
Old 01-07-2009, 07:54 PM
USHobbySupply

yes, they are behind the batteries. For safety sakes, snap a picuture of th switches before you start messing with the, just incase you need to switch back.

If I remember correctly (i have been using the ESKY USB controller for so long), one of the dip switches in the back turns OFF the mixing of the ccpm. Acts like a regular 4 channel then. Remember, to fly the heli,you MUST return the switch to the correct posistion.

Michael
Old 01-07-2009, 08:14 PM
--={Luft}=--

ok i have not messed with the switches in the back. however i do see two small white switches in the back behind the batterys. I got it to work in clearview, i think what happend was when i first tyed it i did not calibrate the controller properly. ill leave at its default switch settings back there.

The server reverses how can i tell if i need to tweak those, i am leaving everything at default for now.
Old 01-07-2009, 08:32 PM
warpnine

It sounds obvious, but reverse the servo channels in the Tx if they seem to be moving the wrong way when you move the stick. I have no idea what the reversing switches on your Tx would do with the settings in ClearView, since my USB controller doesn't even have any reversing switches at all. I've never tried to use my real Tx for this, since the USB controller works so well.

Did you get the HBK2 models for ClearView? There are several, the one I use is the yellow one - since it matches my real helicopter that way. See the other thread about how to convert a helicopter model to a HH gyro too, which makes it much easier to fly!

Cheers,
Dave
Old 01-07-2009, 08:37 PM
--={Luft}=--

ORIGINAL: warpnine

It sounds obvious, but reverse the servo channels in the Tx if they seem to be moving the wrong way when you move the stick. I have no idea what the reversing switches on your Tx would do with the settings in ClearView, since my USB controller doesn't even have any reversing switches at all. I've never tried to use my real Tx for this, since the USB controller works so well.

Did you get the HBK2 models for ClearView? There are several, the one I use is the yellow one - since it matches my real helicopter that way. See the other thread about how to convert a helicopter model to a HH gyro too, which makes it much easier to fly!

Cheers,
Dave
i am curently using the demo and i see the hony bee fp model in there, but now hbk2.
Old 01-07-2009, 08:45 PM
warpnine

They must have changed the stuff in the demo version, since it didn't used to come with a King2. Here is the yellow one I use: http://my.att.net/p/s/community.dll?...eid=314210&ck= (Before I modified it for the HH gyro).

I just looked through the manual for the stock Esky Tx, and see no mention of the small switches behind the batteries... http://www.rc711.com/shop/pub/manual...n%20Manual.pdf

The demo mode in ClearView used to only allow you 5 minutes of flying...

Cheers,
Dave
Old 01-07-2009, 09:27 PM
USHobbySupply

What is the exact model # of your tx?
Old 01-07-2009, 10:50 PM
noobflyer01

no its not mentioned in the manual about the switches in the back of the transmitter. i'm talking about the 406a stock 6 ch. tx. someone found out about it. i just never had to worry about it since my 4-channel esky tx works quite well with clearview.

Luft. make sure you watch your belt. it will slide off the guides. and also check the tension on the belt. mine came loose after 7-8 flights. the boom is small and slipery. the next time you have to remove the boom make sure you sand the area where it goes into the boom mount. this will help it from sliding around from all the vibrations. avoid blinging the heli. keep it simple so you can learn hovering and forward flight. i cant tell you how many hbk2 blades i have killed so when you see a deal for a butt load at a great price ..take it.
Old 01-08-2009, 12:46 AM
--={Luft}=--

Michael the exact model number is 0406A.

nooblyer, thanks for the tips keep em coming, i did take a look at the belt and as i was spining the blades it looks like the grib is ok, i dont see it sliding, but ill keep an close eye on that once i start flying.

I have been messing with the sim and man i feel like i am no where near ready to actually get airborn. I think i have saved my self about 17 crashes tonight with the sim.
Old 01-08-2009, 03:14 AM
jerrymac
My Feedback: (2)

Keep practicing on the sim. My first ever heli was a Blackhawk 450SE that I bought having no other flying experience. I bought the Clearview sim and practiced every day for over 2 weeks before ever trying to fly the heli. Although winter here has shut down my flying, I did get to fly for about a month before winter and with the help of all the sim practice I didn't crash the heli while learning to fly it. Practice and patience = less crashes,lol. Good luck with your new heli..
Old 01-08-2009, 04:52 AM
warpnine

The biggest secret that Radd's tought me about flying the sim (and the real heli too) was to be much more gentle on the controls! Use small, continiuos motions. Everyone's initial reaction is to over compensate for everything, and "throw the helicopter all over the sky". Try to learn how to do small motions that allow the helicopter to be kept closer to level flight, which is easier for you to control! This will also minimize the tendency to bounce back and forth over compensating for everything, which is a natural tendency that even big heli piliots have to learn not to do.

My 3-3/4 years old son loves to throw the heli all over the sky in the sim, but he also likes the big "thud" and parts flying all over the place when it crashes! It will be a few years before he gets near the controls of anything but an Air Hogs!

Cheers,
Dave

Old 01-09-2009, 08:14 AM
Tommyjoking

THese guys got ya covered ! I just wanted to say you picked a great bird to start with ...you will enjoy it!!! They fly very well.

WELCOME ABOARD!!!!!