Esky Helicopters Discuss the line of Esky electric helis in here including the Honey Bee, Lama, Belt CP, etc

........... BELT CP V2 Thread..........

Old 09-06-2009, 06:49 AM
joeyhatch11

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: ........... BELT CP V2 Thread..........

Yeah but even when I flip the belt and switch the blades around I can't get the tail to hold. But this way its rather solid. I cant explain it. But I like where your heads at....lol I tried different combos but no luck. Guess I'll be leaving it alone for now. Thanks for the responce. Joe
Old 09-06-2009, 01:03 PM
wzak29
My Feedback: (1)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

HELP!

Flew my new belt cp v2 today did not go well when I gave it throttle the front of the heli tilted up so the front of the skids were several inches off of the ground but the rear of the skids and the tail were on the ground. Tried using the trim all the way forward same thing, so I tried to compensate by moving the stick forward. The heli tilted to far forward and blades hit the ground and then the ESC smoked. I know how to replace the ESC but how do I adjust the heli for level, so it don’t tilt backward when I try to lift off. (The CG is correct) (I DON’T HAVE A COMPUTER RADIO JUST THE STOCK 2.4G)

Old 09-06-2009, 05:40 PM
Blitzer Fan

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

ermm..not had this problem myself..but sometimes the heli does "stick" so just make sure if your on grass that its ontop and not dug in maybe...or try shifting the battery more forwardsdont put it all the way in i dont with mine and mine flys nicely...you might also wanto check if the swash is level as soon as you plug in the battery(transmitter on 1st!!) hope helps..its just things i can think of..these more experienced flyers might know of something i dont!good luck man!

P.S Joe i might try my tail other way round see if theres a huge difference with me flying...it might just be a mental thing...
Old 09-06-2009, 06:24 PM
joeyhatch11

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I just always thought thats the way it was. I had a very stupid crash yesterday and I can not believe how much stuff I broke/bent. For now I'm done spending money on this thing. I've upgraded everything to a HDX450SE and I also bought a Futaba 7C 2.4ghz radio. I bought some extra spares and a new gyro but now I need a new rotor head and some wash out arms. Thats another $25 and I just dont have it to spare on the heli right now. Who knows when I'll get back up in the air. Till then, hope you guys have better luck than me.

wzak29, I think you should jump over to HeliFreak.com and watch some of the Finless videos. There is a huge section on How to set up your heli. After taking the time and watching those video's you have a whole new understanding of how everything should be set-up and always how to adjust everything to get it set-up right. If after that, you still have questions please feel free to ask. But Helifreak.com and youtube are your friend. Learn to love it!!!!! HAHAHAHA
Old 09-07-2009, 02:36 AM
Blitzer Fan

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

THat sucks Joe. I know how you feel though..im still grounded because i had to buy books and stuff for school...bloody expensive things..
Check out the copter X head though..its cheap and its blue! ... but yeh...windy here anyway..so im not that bothered about flying atm..

good luck on the rebuild man!
Old 09-07-2009, 04:49 AM
wzak29

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

ORIGINAL: joeyhatch11

I just always thought thats the way it was. I had a very stupid crash yesterday and I can not believe how much stuff I broke/bent. For now I'm done spending money on this thing. I've upgraded everything to a HDX450SE and I also bought a Futaba 7C 2.4ghz radio. I bought some extra spares and a new gyro but now I need a new rotor head and some wash out arms. Thats another $25 and I just dont have it to spare on the heli right now. Who knows when I'll get back up in the air. Till then, hope you guys have better luck than me.

wzak29, I think you should jump over to HeliFreak.com and watch some of the Finless videos. There is a huge section on How to set up your heli. After taking the time and watching those video's you have a whole new understanding of how everything should be set-up and always how to adjust everything to get it set-up right. If after that, you still have questions please feel free to ask. But Helifreak.com and youtube are your friend. Learn to love it!!!!! HAHAHAHA

Watched all the videos I could find at Helifreak.com and youtube most of there solutions are to adjust your computer radio, I have the stock 2.4G. I ordered a 30 amp esc and a swash plate leveler from xheli, I did notice the tail is a little heavy but it takes the weight of a 4 AA cell battery pack in the front to get it perfectly level and the li-po all the way forward?

Old 09-07-2009, 06:34 AM
joeyhatch11

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

You shouldn't have to add weight to the front of the heli to get her balanced out. You need a "pitch gauge" for your main blades and you need to adjust your links going from your swash plate to your servos. Discounnect the motor wires, turn everything on and set your throttle at mid stick/50%. At mid stick, you want +5/+6 pitch on the blades, this will be an awsome starting point for getting the heli off the ground and into a steady hover. With the throttle stick all the way up you want around +10/+11, and at zero throttle you want -9/-10. To get your pitch right, your going to have to start playing with the links. Thats why I wanted you to watch the Finless videos. If you dont have a pitch gauge, please get one. That's going to be a must have tool for a heli. But for now, without one, you can adjust the links and get a feel for what she's doing while adjusting.

I take it without the AA batteries on the front, the heli was dropping back something terrible when you were trying to lift off? I think that's because you didn't have the swash level. At mid stick your servos should be at 90 and the swash plate should be level. DO you have the manual for the heli? I didn't have one when I got mine but was able to find a link to it on the net. There is a section that shows you how the servos should look at mid stick, when trying to get everything lined up.
Old 09-07-2009, 08:55 AM
wzak29

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I ordered a complete heli tool kit from xheli and it includes a pitch gauge I also ordered a swash plate leveling tool. I have the manual but it is not much help, I found I can level the heli if I put the li-po 2.5” past the front of the mount but can’t put on the canopy on with the li=po that far forward. ESC burnt out so I used a 4 cell battery from one of my nitro planes to power the servos, at center stick the swash looks level, what is more critical a level swash plate or the CG.

THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP this is my first heli, I fly nitro planes but know nothing about adjusting a heli, would a CNC head upgrade help?

Old 09-07-2009, 09:17 AM
Disney1

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

wzak29:
I had the same problem with balance with my Belt CPv1. I ended up moving the battery as far forward as could and still get the canopy on.
Then secured several 1/4 oz fishing weights into the nose of the canopy to get the final balance.
She hovers great with almost no trim. Balance is very important for good hovering.
Which is more critical Swash or level?? Both.
But if you have to chose. The swash MUST be level. the moreprecise the better.
Here is a link to a Free PDF that I did on using a Swash Leveling tool:
https://www.ushobbysupply.com/downloads.php
And here is a link to the ESC that I use. Runs almost cold after 7 minutes of hover. HobbyWing 25A
The stock Esky ESC on the Belt v1 was notorious for burning up.
https://www.ushobbysupply.com/produc...roducts_id=418

Old 09-07-2009, 01:48 PM
wzak29

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Disney1,

I read your using a Swash Leveling tool adjustment very good thanks. (idle up) with this switch set to idle up (3d mode) the servos arms are at 90 degrees, in normal they off a few degrees (sticks and trim centered) what mode should this switch be in?

I ordered the Volcano 30A ESC controller with the programming card will this one work ok?

The 2 long ball link bars that go from the swash plate to the arm that controls the blade pitch are these for adjusting the tracking or pitch?

Thank you for all of your help!

Old 09-08-2009, 04:35 AM
wzak29

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Is this adjustment rod for adjusting tracking or pitch

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ki18376.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	66.8 KB
ID:	1271003  
Old 09-08-2009, 05:24 AM
joeyhatch11

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Yes that one and the one thats on the blade grip. By turning the longer one, one full turn is like turning the one on the blade grip a half a turn. I use to use a small piece of black electrical tape on the tip of one blade to see which one was high/low. I'd usually go after the higher one and try to bring it down. But dont adjust both to get them to meet in the middle you'll just be chashing it back and forth. With a pitch gauge you'll be able to make both blades the same pitch and they'll track perfectly. I remeber when I got my pitch gauge and checked it, one was +6 and the other was +4. That little bit of difference put about 1/4 gap in my blade tracking. Once corrected the +4 to +6, it was perfect.
Old 09-08-2009, 09:36 AM
USHobbySupply

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Joey,
I agree, the HDX450 head rocks on the beltcp. We have more and more parts for that head and tail combo on the way, by popular demand

The tail blades spin towards the front of the heli, up into the main rotor wash. Looking at them front on, its counter clockwise

M
Old 09-09-2009, 11:19 AM
wzak29

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I know you use these two rods for adjusting tracking and pitch but which one is for what, the short one is for? And the long one is for?

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Pn38015.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	63.7 KB
ID:	1271676  
Old 09-09-2009, 04:19 PM
joeyhatch11

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Try just adjusting the short one little by little. Get a good idea of how far off the blade is, go for the higher one and try bring it down. I think your going to wanna shorten it but make sure you keep track of how many turns you do too. That way if it make it worse, you can always go back to where you started. Also dont do only half turns, those short links have to go full turns around. As for fine tunning, you can use the longer arms just follow them up and see which arm/blade grip there connecting to.
Old 09-09-2009, 04:31 PM
wzak29

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

“Try just adjusting the short one little by little. Get a good idea of how far off the blade is”

Is that short for tracking or pitch?

Old 09-09-2009, 04:54 PM
joeyhatch11

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Both of those links are for tracking and pitch. Making small changes in the links wont do much to your pitch. You'll find that a small adjustment in the short link may bring that high blade down or low blade up. For tracking it doesn't take much to get it right.
Old 09-12-2009, 03:36 PM
wzak29

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Has anyone used the 30AMP Exceed-RC's Volcano ESC?

Old 09-12-2009, 03:43 PM
joeyhatch11

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

No but if your looking for a good esc, I have a HobbyWing Pentium 30A if your interested. Shoot me a PM with a price and I'll ship asap. Joe
Old 09-14-2009, 05:07 PM
happy-dingo

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

HI all, I have a quetion that I hope some one has the answer [img]{akamaiimageforum}/image/s13.gif[/img]
Does any one know if the Esky belt- CP ..... Metal Head / tail  upgrade -  are these the same size / compatiable with Trex 450 clone ???
are the Esky metal upgrades as good / strong as the cnc 450 metal upgrades ..... I need to upgrade several hellies (walkera's- 2x #60 1x #36 and HK450 trex clone) as the Esky upgrades are around $20 dollars cheaper than the other metal upgrades Im hoping (wishing) the Esky ones are the same. [img]{akamaiimageforum}/image/s2.gif[/img]
Have fun
Dingo
Old 09-14-2009, 06:38 PM
joeyhatch11

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I've been told to stay away from the esky cnc stuff. No really alot of parts suppliers for them and I'm told they aren't that tough. I went with the HDX450SE cnc parts from HeliDirect.com Look into what they have to offer. HDX parts are HeliDirects product and they are super tough. I had plently of really bad crashes and even some really dumb ones and finally bent my rotor head and wash out arm. The Esky cnc probably would have been killed in just a few crashes if that. Here is a link to the head/tail combo that I got for my Esky Belt CP V2, which is now converted to a complete HDX450SE.

http://www.helidirect.com/hdx450se-c...sa-p-10165.hdx
right now there sold out but you can also buy the head and tail seperate.

I also think that any head assembly will work on your heli as long as the main shaft diameter is the same.
Old 09-14-2009, 10:33 PM
happy-dingo

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Thanks for your post joeyhatch I checked out the link and agree they are a nice looking metal conversion, but unfortunately price is a big consideration for me... I can get the esky head/ tail unit off ebay for around $35-00 Au or the cnc 450 head/tail for around the $55-00 Au price. So its more knowing if the esky conversion is going to fit on and be compatiable with the walkera's.  I dont know  who makes the esky conversion but it looks like cnc stuff ( same anodized blue).
Old 09-15-2009, 05:21 AM
joeyhatch11

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

They all look alike but the quality of the aluminum is another story. The Esky aluminum isn't as high grade as Trex or HDX but will hold up better than the stugg you'll find on xheli.com. Like I said before, as long as the main shaft diameter is the same then you should be find. My Esky Main shaft was a bit longer than my new HDX main shaft. You wanna use the main shaft that comes with your new head and not swap it out for the stock esky/walkera one. I tried that and had to adjust all my links. After doing so, everything was out of wack. Swapped back to the HDX main shaft, re-adjusted everything again and I was good to go. Not matter what you go with just make sure your able to grab all the cnc parts incase you break something. A friend of mine bought a Dragonus 450 heli because it looked cool and because it was different, but after one nasty crash, he's having a tough time finding parts to fix it, one part being the main shaft.
Old 09-15-2009, 05:46 AM
wzak29

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I have a belt cp v2 and want to do a cnc upgrade, I am new to heli’s and wanted a cnc that I could just drop in. I see a lot that need assembly and modifications I would not know where to start on one of these cnc’s. I was thinking of the one from xheli but the last post said they not very good, where can I get one that requires minimal installation and assembly?

Old 09-15-2009, 05:51 AM
Blitzer Fan

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

heres a Copter X head +tail for $39 http://www.ehirobo.com/shop/product_...oducts_id=6308

im with Joe...i would stay away from the esky "upgrades"..

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service