Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > Esky Helicopters
Reload this Page >

........... BELT CP V2 Thread..........

Community
Search
Notices
Esky Helicopters Discuss the line of Esky electric helis in here including the Honey Bee, Lama, Belt CP, etc

........... BELT CP V2 Thread..........

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2009, 07:00 AM
happy-dingo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: ........... BELT CP V2 Thread..........

i like the look of the leveling tool  when I saw it in your post before i decided to get one (its in the mail somewhere  ) its a bit like the pitch gauge you can have a guess at it but when you put the gauge on its amazing how far out the guess was n id reccon the swash plate will be no different ...... 
Ive gotten used to waiting (living in the bush does that) every thing take a week or more to get to where I live ....
Old 09-27-2009, 12:02 PM
joeyhatch11

Here's the plastic blades you should get while learning. There real forgiving and will save you a ton of money. http://www.helidirect.com/super-dura...trex-p-516.hdx

Once you get hovering and forward flight down get these blades. They are awsome and all the sets I've gone through were perfectly balanced and gave great tracking. http://www.helidirect.com/325mm-pro-...50-p-10348.hdx

Have you tried hovering it yet? And dont worry about the +10 pitch at full throttle, you want that.
Old 09-27-2009, 02:10 PM
wzak29
My Feedback: (1)

I need to buy the cnc tail and boom can't do that until Friday.
Old 09-27-2009, 03:14 PM
joeyhatch11

Whats wrong with the stock stuff? You break or bend it?
Old 09-27-2009, 03:57 PM
wzak29

My last crash rotor hit the boom and bent it, that and the blades are the only things I need to get it flying, Since I hade the boom disassembled I thought I would put a cnc tail on it, do you think I need a tail cnc upgrade? The old one works fine.

Old 09-27-2009, 09:25 PM
joizeex

glad i could help out with the setup, sounds like you nailed it perfectly now.

2 things to keep in mind: plastic blades can actually be very troublesome because on hard landings they'll bend down easily and result in a boom strike. they can also flop more in the wind and cause inconsistent hover. on that note, your initial learning can be done on them.

in my opinion, it's completely unnecessary to install CNC tail, especially at this early stage of your learning curve. there are very few parts in tail pitch control, as compared to the head, so any tiny amount of slop isn't magnified by many complex pieces. save your money for crash repairs.
Old 09-28-2009, 04:35 AM
wzak29

I think you are right I don’t need to spend $45.00 on a cnc tail when mine works perfectly. I think the money would be better spend on extra blades, booms, main gears Etc… I was just going for the cool factor.

Old 09-28-2009, 05:24 AM
joeyhatch11

I didn't look at the tail pgrade as a cool factor. I had plenty of problems with my stock plastic tail. The little nipples that are molded in the plastic kept breaking off and making the tail jump aruond. I bought 3 replacement tail pieces before I said screw it and got the cnc one. It holds 100 times better and is a lot smoother over stock. Get it for the performance and dont worry about the "cool factor" IMO it's a must have part.
Old 09-28-2009, 05:37 AM
wzak29

Should I get the carbon fiber tail boom also for more stability? also I am looking for a place in the USA were I can buy just the main gear with one way bearing installed for a belt cp v2, don’t want that $30.00 white gear looking for cheap.

Thanks

Old 09-28-2009, 06:58 AM
joeyhatch11

Dont get the CF boom just yet. Your going to go through many aluminum ones through out the learning process. Ushobbysupply has the stock replacements for $2.50 Easy and cheap.
https://www.ushobbysupply.com/produc...roducts_id=852

Gears: https://www.ushobbysupply.com/produc...roducts_id=855

One-Way bearing: https://www.ushobbysupply.com/produc...roducts_id=587

When you kill a main gear now all you have to do is simply push out the hub (with the one-way bearing installed) and pop it into a new gear. Cost is a lot cheaper than the B400 main gears and super easy to swap.
Old 09-28-2009, 01:49 PM
wzak29

I have read these reviews on HeliDirect on those gears?

I had the same problem as Aleksey... the problem is the metal hub (bearing sleave). Its too large for the Esky stock one way bearing.  Even though the part itself gets a bad rating, I want to point out that I called Helidirect and they immediately shipped me the original stock Esky gear as a replacement whille they can investigate the issue with these replacement sets. That is excellent customer service and I will definitely buy from them again.

This gear looks like more stronger then stock and has 4 g more weight vs 8 g stock one. But the problem that the stock one way bearing does not fix in hub, moving free and drops out from hub. It is not clear for me now what to do

The molding on this isn't that good. The plastic does seem stiffer than the stock main gear. Note that this set doesn't come with the proper one-way bearing. HeliDirect will tell you the stock one-way hub will fit, IT WILL NOT and you will crack the main gear if you try to force it. Furthermore, even if you do manage to get it in using aggressive dremeling, the two gears stacked together will not fit in your Belt CP. In order to make these gears work, you need the one-way bearing provided in the FUP-103 kit. Only consider this a replacement set if you break the FUP-103 main gear. I'm slightly peeved that HeliDirect not only doesn't make this clear on the website, but they will tell you over e-mail that this set does work with the stock bearing when it doesn't. If this were a $30 item and not a $3 item, I'd me more grumpy but as it is, I'm out $3 and two weeks shipping delay.

Old 09-28-2009, 01:55 PM
USHobbySupply

The recommended fix for the loose bearing is to use some red locktight between the bearing outer wall and the center metal hub of the gear. Let dry overnight.

Be careful not to get ANY locktite in the bearing itself.
Old 09-28-2009, 02:03 PM
joeyhatch11

I never had any issue with those gears or the one-way bearings. Mike, is that because the one-way bearing you offer is different than the stock Esky?
Old 09-28-2009, 02:14 PM
USHobbySupply

Perhaps that could be. I hd not heard of that problem till just this last friday, maybe there is a new batch that has that issue?

I will check to see if the aftermarket bearing are smaller/larger than the stock. by spec they should be the same
Old 09-28-2009, 07:32 PM
joizeex

ORIGINAL: joeyhatch11

I didn't look at the tail pgrade as a cool factor. I had plenty of problems with my stock plastic tail. The little nipples that are molded in the plastic kept breaking off and making the tail jump aruond. I bought 3 replacement tail pieces before I said screw it and got the cnc one. It holds 100 times better and is a lot smoother over stock. Get it for the performance and dont worry about the ''cool factor'' IMO it's a must have part.
haha, well Joe, i guess you know better when it comes to the Belt CP, or maybe yours was just a complete lemon? lol. With respect to my HBK1, the tail gear box and other components have always been solid.
Old 09-28-2009, 07:47 PM
joeyhatch11

Well aren't you just the lucky one in the bunch LMAO!!!!! Hahahahaha Gotta love heli. If it's not one thing, it's another. Now to find funds for 4G6? hummmmmmmm Any ideas?
Old 09-29-2009, 10:55 AM
Disney1

I also had a problem with the Gears you are discussing. I contacted HD.They informed me that the Bearing sleve was designred to use thumb pressure to install with Red Locktite and allow to dry 24 hours.
I just checked the HD and USHSsites, HD still dose not reflect this in their parts page, however I did see that USHobby Supply has updated the Parts page for this gear to reflect the possable need of the red loctite.

While looking I saw a deal on blades.5 sets for 25.
Gonne get me some of those. https://www.ushobbysupply.com/produc...oducts_id=1004
Old 09-30-2009, 08:45 AM
wzak29

I bought the HDX450SE V4 Head System w/Flybar Paddle (BLACK) SX450SE-HS1 and there was no flybar weight do I need them?

Old 10-01-2009, 06:48 PM
Twister773

Just received mine and tried to hover/fly it for the first time.  using a DX6i. Is it normal for if its throttled up but not yet off the ground, when going to no throttle the tail spins around a few times? I am getting better slowly but surely and i can hover it just off the ground for a little while. 
Old 10-01-2009, 06:50 PM
Twister773

Also, watching youtube videos other peoples seem to stay straight and be a little more stable than mine...me or settings on the gyro?
Old 10-01-2009, 09:08 PM
Twister773

Well nevermind...something went wrong when i went to actually fly it around rather than just hover and it got up a about 200 feet or so and the tail just started spinning out of control randomly, then it would stop, then do a random 2 spins and im a beginner heli pilot and couldnt save it the way it was acting  Im gonna stick to airplanes.
Old 10-01-2009, 10:35 PM
happy-dingo

Heya Twister, sounds like you been having fun, Im still very much a learner as well  just come back from flying my Walkera 76c into a tree trunk.... the helli lost that fight . I have 5 helli's all up and its a revolving door at the moment get one fixed crash it wait for parts get another repaired crash it  round and round I go, but i will say with the aid of a flight simulator and the knowlege that I have gained through doing repairs and re- setting up after im starting to get better at last... 

A couple sugestions dont know if its good advice but here's my thought ...use flight sim daily : keep the helli low ( i try to hover about 2 feet of the ground)  and keep at it  also if you can join a local club you will gain lots of assistance etc there 

Have fun 
Dingo
Old 10-01-2009, 10:39 PM
happy-dingo

oh PS:- the people who can fly do make it look easy .... but what you dont see is the fact they are working the controls all the time ... just like you do with the steering wheel in your car when your driving ..... constantly correcting the movement ..... keep at it long enough it'll start to work for you and when you get your first hover in the smile on your face is worth the effort (and cost) 

Old 10-01-2009, 11:04 PM
Twister773

Thanks Dingo for the words, I think i will fix it and keep at it...I am pretty good at flying fixed wing and want to get good at flying the helis...I feel i need someone else to set this one up though, something went terribly wrong with the tail and the heli flying straight, I know it wasn't all me...I have real flight 4.5 and fly it every day and can 3d and fly and land and hover all the helis on there no problem...Mine just flew nothing like that.  I dont know if i should sell the stuff worth something on this one and buy a better more well known one or fix this one...i just feel something is wrong with maybe the gyro?
Old 10-02-2009, 12:06 AM
happy-dingo

hehehe Twister, god do i know how you feel .... I assume you have a Belt CP???  if you have from what I have read they are good for the type/ size, so id say stick with it until you can get a good hover going then step up from there

... I have all Walkera's and only on this thread as on that im setting up use's the Turborix 6ch 2.4ghz Tx/ Rx  but the info is much the same all the way round ... the hardest part is getting them set up right and I know from experience (and the big hole in my wallet) that there is a fine line between getting it right on or not .... getting help is a great idea at least if some one who knows what they are doing has set it up then its just up to you and practice... 

I agree there is a huge gap between the sim's and real thing but they have helped me with it im sure ...
http://rchobby.com.au/school.php have a look at this site its an Aussie one and i find their words to be honest ( i get most my parts from them great service)

I build scratch fixed wings (not that good a flying though [&:] ) and it was from this that i was drawn into helli's firstly just fixing broken parts for other people then fixing the ones ive busted up hehehe

but most of all if you enjoy the challenge keep busting and building its half the learning 

Have fun 
Dingo

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.