Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > Esky Helicopters
Reload this Page >

........... BELT CP V2 Thread..........

Community
Search
Notices
Esky Helicopters Discuss the line of Esky electric helis in here including the Honey Bee, Lama, Belt CP, etc

........... BELT CP V2 Thread..........

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2009, 12:11 AM
Twister773

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: ........... BELT CP V2 Thread..........

HAHA, exactly Dingo.  I cant believe it took it as well as it did...any ideas on how to know if something is wrong with my gyro or something?  I would try and rudder left or right and when i let off to stop the slow turn it would spin super fast around a few times without me touching the stick
Old 10-02-2009, 01:05 AM
happy-dingo

Im no expert Twister but if you can get joeyhatch11  on line he seem's to be the expert in this thread and gives good advice.

the only things that I know to check is to make sure the gyro is set to normal rather than reverse other than that check the sensitivity ....
 if you have a programable Tx i think there is a section to adjust the gyro on them too .....

other than that its make sure that the mechanical side is set up right ie:- servo set as close to centre as it can be ..... slider on tail set to centre ... 
Have you Tx switch on and helli powered up when doing this ( disconect power to motor so as rotor doesnt spin up on you  (can be nasty if it does) or take main blades off so you can have power going to the tail to check movement)  if the tail servo is on the boom you can loosen the bracket off to centre the slider (easier than doing the ball links) 

when its powered up if you move the tail around say anti clockwise the gyro should  counter that movement  the only other bit is the Avs/ norm switch set up is done in normal mode ... 

But as I said Im no expert and still learning so i hope the info that ive given you is correct 

Have fun 
Dingo
Old 10-02-2009, 01:08 AM
Twister773

Thanks for the info Dingo...my gyro is set to reverse...could that have caused the crash?
Old 10-02-2009, 05:46 AM
wzak29
My Feedback: (1)

I fly fixed wing aircraft also just built G.P. Super Sporster 40, I have been flying for about a year and I’m fairly good learned with ClearView flight sim. Bought my first heli about a month ago (belt cp v2) first two times out never got in the air it just flopped over and crashed 2<sup>nd</sup> time was a boom strike and did lots of damage. Spent over $200.00 on a full cnc upgrade and carbon fiber parts hopefully it will fly better and easer. This is not that much money when compared to a nitro plane, each one of my planes cost about $400.00 without electronics. Like you, I spent a lot of time on the flight sim, but these things are MUCH HARDER to learn than planes. One thing that’s hard for plane pilots to overcome is when I panic I pull back on the stick to go up, not good. It don’t think it’s more expensive than planes, I lost my fair share of them when learning. Stick with it, if you learned planes you have the capabilities to learn heli’s. It is so much easer to go to the park to fly, than flying my large nitro plans with field box Etc… I think we both made the same mistake, when I was learning planes I started with a PT 40 Trainer, our first heli is a cp that’s like trying to learn planes by flying jets, good luck.
Twister773
Old 10-02-2009, 03:10 PM
wzak29

I bought this HDX450 SE V4 head for my belt cp v2, I never installed or setup a head before, could you take a look at these photos a tell me if it look’s correct.

Idle up = on

Throttle = 50%

Throttle trim all the way down

Pit knob = 50%
swashplate is level

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Mk24958.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	51.9 KB
ID:	1286956   Click image for larger version

Name:	Je11280.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	51.9 KB
ID:	1286957   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ty63992.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	52.9 KB
ID:	1286958   Click image for larger version

Name:	Au56875.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	52.3 KB
ID:	1286959  
Old 10-03-2009, 01:59 AM
Twister773

Old 10-03-2009, 11:38 PM
Twister773

where did all you knowledgeable guys go!?
Old 10-04-2009, 01:16 AM
happy-dingo

Hi Guy's .....
Twister from what ive read  the gyro set to reverse could have had a lot to do with the crash .... trial and error is what I work on

Wzak that setup all looks good to me from what Ive seen and done myself  (limited knowlege) ... have you trialed it yet ??? you can do a test bench trial if you leave main blades off you can power it up and see if all is looking ? working like it should ... it looks just like the set up on my walkera #36  Ive just ordered up grade for it

Twister ...like the colours ..the green and pink look nice ..... I still havent worked out how to post picts on here yet  ....you could try PM'ing the experts so they know you need assistance ...... As far as what you would call that ball link connector  im not sure maybe something like ...
mainblade holder to flybay fixed ball link connector???? just guessing here but sounds good hehehehe .....  walkera sell them in kits so you get all the ball links connectors  used on the particular helli  together.....

Hope im giving good info here and not leading you guys down the wrong track [X(] 
Let us know how ya's get on

Have Fun
Dingo

ps:- is school hiolidays here in Aust so have the kids to keep ocuppied so will only get on line when i get a break
Old 10-04-2009, 01:22 AM
Twister773

I appreciate you trying to help Dingo haha, any advice is better than none.  I ordered a ton of parts tonight from helidirect and I should be able to start flying again friday or saturday if the parts are here by then and i get it setup and figured out.  Only thing i found looked that like that piece was called push rod set.  We will see when it all gets here i guess.  Here is all that i ordered.

1 x Main Shaft Set - Belt CP V1/2 EK1-0538 (EK1-0538) = $6<sup>.41</sup>

1 x Flybar - Belt CP V2 (EK1-0422) = $4<sup>.00</sup>

1 x Esky Canopy Shoring - Belt CP V2 (EK1-0428) = $1<sup>.45</sup>

1 x Canopy (Green) - Belt CP V2 (EK1-0426G) = $8<sup>.75</sup>

1 x Esky Tail Boom (Green) - Belt CP V2 (EK1-0423G) = $2<sup>.50</sup>

1 x Esky Tail Rotor Blade (Green) - Belt CP V2 (EK1-0420G) = $1<sup>.95</sup>

1 x Esky Pitch Gauge - Belt CP V2 (EK1-0348) = $7<sup>.50</sup>

1 x Main Blade Clamp Set - Belt CP V2, King V3 (EK1-0402) = $5<sup>.00</sup>

1 x Main Frame Set - Esky Belt CP V1/2 EK1-0523 (EK1-0523) = $6<sup>.41</sup>

2 x 325mm PRO 3D FRP Fiberglass main blade - T-REX450/HDX450 (DY-3252) = $12<sup>.60</sup>

1 x Esky Vertical & Horizontal Tail Blade Set (Green) - Belt CP V2 (EK1-0419G) = $5<sup>.15</sup>

1 x Esky Paddle Set (Green) - Belt CP V2 (EK1-0414G) = $4<sup>.25</sup>

1 x Bell Control Arm Set - Belt CP V2, King V3 (EK1-0406) = $6<sup>.25</sup>

1 x Esky Feathering Shaft Set - Belt CP V2, King V3 (EK1-0404) = $4<sup>.35</sup>

1 x Center Hub And Rotor Head Set - Belt CP V2, King V3 (EK1-0429) = $5<sup>.15</sup>

1 x Esky Balancing Pole Mounting Set - Belt CP V2, King V3 (EK1-0401) = $5<sup>.25</sup>

1 x Push Rod Set - Belt CP V2 (EK1-0427) = $3<sup>.99</sup>

1 x Training Gear Set: 450 Class Helicopters (HR1058) = $8<sup>.80</sup>

1 x Esky Skid Set (Blue) - Belt CP V2 (EK1-0415L) = $3<sup>.35</sup>
Old 10-04-2009, 04:13 AM
wzak29

Thank you happy-dingo  for takeing the time to look over my head I can’t run it, I have a striped main gear
 and Like Twister773  I am waiting for parts from HeliDirect should get them Monday.

1 x Strong Steel Main Shaft - HDX450SE $3.99

1 x Flying Sport Harderned Stainless Steel Spindle Shaft - T-REX SE V2/G5/HDX450 V4 $2.50

1 x Main Gear Set - Belt CP V1/2 EK1-0539 $6.41

1 x Flying Sport NEW Tail blade for T-REX 450 (Large) $1.40

1 x CNC Servo and Horizontal fin set EK5-0449 - Belt CP $6.50

1 x Titanium Anodizing Aluminum Tail Boom (2pcs) - Belt CP 12*11*352 $8.00

2 x 325mm PRO 3D FRP Fiberglass main blade - T-REX450/HDX450 $12.60

1 x HDX450SE V4 Tai System w/Rotor Blades (BLACK) SX450SE-TSAA $44.99

1 x Velcro Loop Strips - 150x1.6mm 4pcs $1.99

1 x 1.5mm G10 Black Fiber Vertical/Horizontal Fins for TREX $3.50

2 x One way drive link - HB King V2, Belp CP V2 $5.40

2 x One way bearing - Belt CP V1/2 EK1-0510 $10.26

1 x Training Gear Set: 450 Class Helicopters $8.80

1 x Align Blade Balancer(2mm) H25069 $5.99

1 x Main Gear Set - Esky Belt CP V1/2 EK1-0534

Old 10-04-2009, 04:52 AM
wzak29

Twister773

I noticed the control horn on your elevator servo is white and larger than my stock one, also the two control pushrods
are not parallel to each other, Is this a modification or upgrade to improve performance? I am looking to make upgrades
to my heli, I have the HDX450SE CNC Head and waiting for the HDX450SE CNC tail, over the winter I want to put everything
on a T-REX frame.

I think one of us ordered to wrong blades, we both ordered the same size blades, but I know the stock belt blades will not
fit the HDX450SE head and you have the stock head, so these blades can’t fit both heli’s.

The T-REX450/HDX450 (DY-3252) blades are 4.5mm at the root, I just measured the blade grip on my old stock belt head and it measured 6mm?

Old 10-04-2009, 05:45 AM
J-MICHAEL

Thanks for the info Dingo...my gyro is set to reverse...could that have caused the crash?

Twister ~

Just skimming through the posts really quick, I really do believe that was your case the way you described what your tail was doing... Dingo was right on the money with the tips he gave you, so check them again when you do get your parts to try it again.

I don't know what gyro your using or TX, but on all my GY401's there is a DIR switch on the gyro. I can switch that to change the direction if need be, or I can do it in the DX7 TX that I have. Yeah for sure I'am betting your switch was reversed for the gyro.... Been there done that...

There is a host of info on You-Tube that could help you if you google stuff on there. Here is one below about gyro and tail servo set-up but its for the Blade 400, but will still show you the basics. The BEST info however, is by "Finless" over on Helifreak and he has a mess of videos that almost all in this hobby have watched at one time or another... He is known world-wide, and will paint the best picture in your head on understanding these sometimes frustrating heli's. You have to be a member of HeliFreak however to view or download the video's but that will only take a minute to do so.... HIGHLY recomended to sign up my friend, so you can use all his videos in his Helifreak Techroom as you venture forward into this hobby... MANY will agree....

Here is that one quick You-Tube video of the gyro/servo set-up... "Sokal" is popular for quick help-me guides also :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=53TeGHTkv2E

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=53TeGHTkv2E[/youtube]

And here is the link to Helifreak of Finlesses Trex 450 SE videos on set-up... Go down to the gyro set-up... This will still be similiar to your Belt CP :

http://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=11373

He has many other helpful videos if you click on his techroom area above also. As you can see on one of my GY401's on my Trex 450 I have a small switch there that I can switch the DIR or direction of the gyro... Either "normal" or "reverse"... If your looking at your tail from behind, and you move the tail (while its in HH mode) to the right, the slider should move to the oppsite direction and go left... Same the other way, move the tail to the left, the tail goes right. If this isn't the case, then like what you described, the tail is going to go wonky on ya real fast and really quick ! So then switch the DIRECTION of the gyro... If it was set to normal, set it then to reverse or vice versa... So just go over a few of these things when your ready, and you should be then golden...

Hope this helps a little bit....

~ Jeff

Name:	Tr51435.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	105.4 KB
ID:	1287975  
Old 10-04-2009, 01:20 PM
Twister773

Thanks Jeff, My Gyro is set to reverse right now, i bought it used off of a member on rcgroups. I am using a DX6i. Once my parts get here and i get it together I will try it all again. Until then its over to helifreak to learn a thing or two. Thanks again

Tristan

ORIGINAL: J-MICHAEL

Twister ~

Just skimming through the posts really quick, I really do believe that was your case the way you described what your tail was doing... Dingo was right on the money with the tips he gave you, so check them again when you do get your parts to try it again.

I don't know what gyro your using or TX, but on all my GY401's there is a DIR switch on the gyro. I can switch that to change the direction if need be, or I can do it in the DX7 TX that I have. Yeah for sure I'am betting your switch was reversed for the gyro.... Been there done that...

There is a host of info on You-Tube that could help you if you google stuff on there. Here is one below about gyro and tail servo set-up but its for the Blade 400, but will still show you the basics. The BEST info however, is by "Finless" over on Helifreak and he has a mess of videos that almost all in this hobby have watched at one time or another... He is known world-wide, and will paint the best picture in your head on understanding these sometimes frustrating heli's. You have to be a member of HeliFreak however to view or download the video's but that will only take a minute to do so.... HIGHLY recomended to sign up my friend, so you can use all his videos in his Helifreak Techroom as you venture forward into this hobby... MANY will agree....

Here is that one quick You-Tube video of the gyro/servo set-up... "Sokal" is popular for quick help-me guides also :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=53TeGHTkv2E

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=53TeGHTkv2E[/youtube]

And here is the link to Helifreak of Finlesses Trex 450 SE videos on set-up... Go down to the gyro set-up... This will still be similiar to your Belt CP :

http://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=11373

He has many other helpful videos if you click on his techroom area above also. As you can see on one of my GY401's on my Trex 450 I have a small switch there that I can switch the DIR or direction of the gyro... Either "normal" or "reverse"... If your looking at your tail from behind, and you move the tail (while its in HH mode) to the right, the slider should move to the oppsite direction and go left... Same the other way, move the tail to the left, the tail goes right. If this isn't the case, then like what you described, the tail is going to go wonky on ya real fast and really quick ! So then switch the DIRECTION of the gyro... If it was set to normal, set it then to reverse or vice versa... So just go over a few of these things when your ready, and you should be then golden...

Hope this helps a little bit....

~ Jeff
Old 10-04-2009, 01:24 PM
Twister773

I bought it used off of a member on rcgroups....so as far as what everything is I have no idea. Sorry lol, im new to helis. I know all the servos are aftermarket hxt 900's. As far as blades, we both ordered the right ones. I have two shims that go into my blade grips that allow me to run the trex 450 blades...easier to find and more of a selection than the stock esky ones.

Tristan

ORIGINAL: wzak29

Twister773

I noticed the control horn on your elevator servo is white and larger than my stock one, also the two control pushrods
are not parallel to each other, Is this a modification or upgrade to improve performance? I am looking to make upgrades
to my heli, I have the HDX450SE CNC Head and waiting for the HDX450SE CNC tail, over the winter I want to put everything
on a T-REX frame.

I think one of us ordered to wrong blades, we both ordered the same size blades, but I know the stock belt blades will not
fit the HDX450SE head and you have the stock head, so these blades can’t fit both heli’s.

The T-REX450/HDX450 (DY-3252) blades are 4.5mm at the root, I just measured the blade grip on my old stock belt head and it measured 6mm?

Old 10-05-2009, 12:06 AM
happy-dingo

Hi Guys, Thanks for the thumbs up Jeff, Im still learning and hope that the knowledge that Im passing on is correct [8D]

Wzak mentioned the control horn on your servo Twister.... Servo horns come in many shapes and colours so thats not an issue on them being white or longer , with the holes on them the further out you mount the push rods the more travel you get ..... so say with your tail slider if the servo is pushing to far and putting too much pressure on the linkage rod ( ie:- bending it ) you can move the ball on the servo horn closer to the centre to reduce movement or vise virsa ( hope you get what i mean) .....  As far as the linkage rods not being parallel this shouldnt be too much of an issue and again some times servo's dont line up at 90* with the servo horns ... two thing you can do here 1st is try turning the horn around 180* and see if that helps or try a different horn .2nd which is painful , take the top of the servo and move the gear cogs around 1 tooth or more if needed ( i havent done  this myself) to get the horn to sit exactly 90* to the servo 

Wow you guys should soon be able to set up your own spare parts shop  hehehe ..... another way of getting parts is keeping an eye on ebay and buying crashed helli's... but know your prices as ebay isnt all ways a cheaper place to buy from.

I agree with Jeff google is a great source of info say with the GY401 Gyro.... if you have the number (GY401) and what it is (gyro) google will pick it up ... I spend alot (maybe too much ) time looking at parts and finding info and compairing prices ( always check postage as that can make a cheaper part dearer that a compeditor)

have fun all
Dingo
Old 10-05-2009, 12:10 AM
Twister773

I bought my heli for 100 shipped. crashed it and broke a few things and ordered a 100 dollars in parts...whats wrong with this situation lol....oh helis...i will conquer you! lol
Old 10-05-2009, 04:22 AM
wzak29

I bought my heli for $180.00 tried to fly it twice both times never got more than a few inches off the ground and no longer than 3 seconds. Before it crashed. I just spent $200.00 on CNC and carbon upgrades, that comes to about $66.00 per second of flying, now that’s an expensive hobby! More practice on the sim.

Old 10-05-2009, 05:17 AM
happy-dingo

I think ive spent about $1000 (dont want to keep too closer count [&:] hehehehe) - on  Fix Pitch (FP) 2x draggon flys  Walkera (WK) #76c  WK 4G1b .... 3D-  2x WK#36's  1x WK#60 1x HK450..... my first helli a draggon fly .... never flew went straight over on its side and the main blades managed to distroy every other part on the helli a total rightoff apart from 1 main blade [:@] but it was amaizing to watch hehehehe

so 8 helli's and maybe 1/2hr  of hovering  time all up .... hate to say how many sets of blades  and other bits but its given me a frustrating pleasure for almost 6months and has stopped my plane building dead in its track (1/2 way through a cessna styled trainer),
but overall still cheaper than the 10,000 i spent on climbing in the 12mth prior ...

my goal is to buy them cheap sort them out and then sell them again .... just sold the 4G1b  only made about $5 or so profit( not the reason for doing it)  but gained hours of pleasure rebuilding crashing rebuilding so on and so on until i got it to hover then put it in a box and sold it   the #76 was sorted till i flew it into a tree so back to more parts and rebuild ...test flight and if all ok in the sell box it will go .....

Im looking at getting a brand new walkera CB180d they supposed to fly straight out of the box if it does ill keep it and my HK450 (still to build) all the others are fix em up n sell em but great for learning on b4 i distroy any  good ones  hehehe

have fun
Dingo
Old 10-05-2009, 05:23 AM
joeyhatch11

When I first got my Belt CP v2 she hovered for about 10 seconds before drifting into the couch. At that point the ESC smoked and a few parts broke. Total cost on that was $124, needless to say it was the quickest $124 I've ever spent. With the down time waiting for parts I spent a lot of time on line reading into the Belt CP V2's and found a ton of useful information, plus I watched all the finless videos. Once I got my new parts and put everything back together, I was in no rush to crash it again so I took the time to make sure everything was set-up right. The time spent paid off and I couldn't get over how stable the heli had become. I was able to hover for 2-3 minutes to start and before long I was hovering the whole pack with maybe 1-2 touch downs. It's all in the set-up. You have to see what the heli is doing and make the adjustments in the links. A level heli is a stable heli.

How are you guys making out so far with your Belt's?
Old 10-05-2009, 05:26 AM
joeyhatch11

In the past 6 months I've spent a little over $1,200 on heli stuff. Upgrades, parts, lipos, heli bag, charger. I damn near sh^t myself when I was done adding it up. Yeah the heli hobby will kill a wallet real quick.
Old 10-05-2009, 05:12 PM
happy-dingo

the ths in my wallet have died from starvation [&:] heheheehe

How those new parts going fella's you get them in ok
Old 10-05-2009, 05:16 PM
Twister773

still waiting on mine...got an email today that they shipped out today so i should have them sometime this week  Im gonna attemp to take the head off of mine tonight cause i need to replace the shaft.
Old 10-05-2009, 07:50 PM
joeyhatch11

Got mine today. Put one new servo in, took another out to change gears, got the new tail boom on with the tail servo adjusted. Tomorrow I'm off and the wifes working so I have all day to play. Going to finsh up on the one servo and then throw the head back on and do some tunning. Also going to change my throttle pitch in Idle up 1 to 100,95,90,95,100 and see what that feels like. May also play around with Normal Idle up too. So we'll see how she goes.
Old 10-05-2009, 08:05 PM
Twister773

tracking shows ups will deliver my parts on friday
Old 10-06-2009, 04:55 AM
wzak29

Just installed the HDX450SE V4 Tai System w/Rotor Blades (BLACK) SX450SE-TSAA from HeliDirect,
it came as a kit but it did not include a guide pulley. I don’t know if this part is missing or
this tail does not use one, it has the mounting holes for one? First photo is my old tail showing
the pulley I am talking about, second photo is the new tail showing the mounting holes.

Name:	Us54249.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	57.8 KB
ID:	1289283   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hc91576.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	68.7 KB
ID:	1289284   Click image for larger version

Name:	Us54249.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	57.8 KB
ID:	1289285   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hc91576.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	68.7 KB
ID:	1289286  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.