Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > Esky Helicopters
Reload this Page >

........... BELT CP V2 Thread..........

Community
Search
Notices
Esky Helicopters Discuss the line of Esky electric helis in here including the Honey Bee, Lama, Belt CP, etc

........... BELT CP V2 Thread..........

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2009, 06:16 AM
joeyhatch11

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: ........... BELT CP V2 Thread..........

I just checked mine and it had the guide pulley installed. It's not something I had to take from the Belt CP. Email HeliDirect tehy'll ship one out ASAP. There customer service is beyond awsome and will do whatever it takes to make it right. But at the same time you may be able to use your Esky one. On mine both holes aren't used, just the one on the right side, closest to the tail blades. Here's a pic:

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ki20377.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	91.9 KB
ID:	1289305  
Old 10-06-2009, 06:56 AM
wzak29
My Feedback: (1)

joeyhatch11

Completed the upgrades, blades balanced, tracking good, when I first start the heli it shakes very badly
then goes away at about ¼ throttle? These are the pitch reading I am getting;

Idle up    -9     0   +10
Normal      0    +4    +7

These are the upgrades I have completed.

HDX450SE V4 Head System w/Flybar Paddle (BLACK) SX450SE-HS1
HDX450SE V4 Tai System w/Rotor Blades (BLACK) SX450SE-
Main Gear Set
Flying Sport NEW Tail blade for T-REX
CNC Servo and Horizontal fin set
Titanium Anodizing Aluminum Tail Boom
325mm PRO 3D FRP Fiberglass main blade
 Black Fiber Vertical/Horizontal Fins
Training Gear Set: 450 Class Helicopters
Align Blade Balancer

Old 10-06-2009, 07:02 AM
joeyhatch11

Damn sounds like your on the right track. The shaking is normal in the spin up process. As long as it goes away and everything is smooth after that, then your good. I'm going to go finish putting my heli back together and go fly for a bit today. I was also thinking that your heli should be just find without that guide pulley on the tail for now. As long as there is enough tension on the belt your set.
Old 10-06-2009, 07:05 AM
wzak29

thank you for all of your help!
Bill
Old 10-06-2009, 10:49 AM
joeyhatch11

have you been flying with your new set-up? Curious to see what you think. It should "feel" 100 times better than your stock Esky set-up and also hover a lot nicer.
Old 10-06-2009, 11:35 AM
wzak29

I talked Larry at Helidirect he is going to send me that missing pulley, I will wait until I get this part before I fly it.
I am to new at flying to know what to do if that belt slips off, I will crash! I can wait a few more days, also it’s been
a little windy this week, here is a photo of how it came out.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Yw66738.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	57.7 KB
ID:	1289551  
Old 10-08-2009, 03:38 AM
wzak29

Seen a video on setting the tail rotor and gyro, it said with servo at 90* the rotor should have 0 pitch. But I remember reading somewhere that it should have some right pitch? Having some right pitch makes more sense to me as it will counteract the blade rotation with less gyro input.
We are under a wind advisory in NY right now, trees falling all over the place, crap flying all over and I want to fly my heli soooo bad with the new CNC upgrades, just another windy October in NY.

Old 10-08-2009, 06:23 AM
joeyhatch11

Yeah I hear ya with the wind. I'm off on Tuesdays and Wednesdays now. I spent Tuesday getting the heli back together and flew a bit out front up and down the street. Thinking Wednesday would be better I put it away so I wouldn't break anything. So Wednesday comes and it's nothing but crap. Wind, leaves, and junk blowing around all over the place hahaha. So I took to the living room where I moved some things and hovered around for a bit in there. Maybe today will be better. My next purchase is going to be Real Flight G4.5. On Towerhobbies.com they have it for $200 with that "easy pay" option. It's like $67.00 a month. I just got done doing that easy pay business on my Futaba 7C radio, works out great and doesn't kill your pockets all at once.
Old 10-11-2009, 02:18 PM
raptor fan

What is better ,The belt v2 or the king 3?And what electronics would you want to change right off the bat.It seems like a nice heli to practice more advanced circuts on after I max out the msr,and before i buy a trex or break out the raptor.Thanks for any feed back.

Levi
Old 10-11-2009, 02:27 PM
Twister773

OK, i got almost all the parts i need to get my heli back in the air, took apart the whole thing because it needs a new frame as well.  I think i can get the frame back together with servos etc, i already fixed the tail and the tail assembly is ready to go on...BUT the head assembly has me baffled, where is the best place to go to see like a step by step or something on how to assemble the head assembly from scratch?
Old 10-11-2009, 04:21 PM
wzak29

ORIGINAL: joeyhatch11

Damn sounds like your on the right track. The shaking is normal in the spin up process. As long as it goes away and everything is smooth after that, then your good. I'm going to go finish putting my heli back together and go fly for a bit today. I was also thinking that your heli should be just find without that guide pulley on the tail for now. As long as there is enough tension on the belt your set.
Strangest thing; my wife was sweeping the wood floor in the living room and found a small plastic pouch about 1” square
she showed it to and asked if I needed this? It was the guide pulley, I don’t understand how it got to the living room
I never took anything out of my shop and this was 4 days after I got my delivery and she sweeps every day. Anyway I have
the guide pulley installed just waiting for a windless day to fly, hard to find in October in NY.
Old 10-11-2009, 06:36 PM
joeyhatch11

Hahaha Nice find though. I was going to tell you I have extras and I was going to send you one. hahaha Thats good though. I'm looking to sell my HDX450 and also my Futaba 7C 2.4ghz radio system. I'm going to get either a Walkera 4G6 micro or Real Flight G4.5. I'm just tired of breaking and fixing. The repair bills have finally took a toll. I added them up the other day and came up with $1,270 in 6 months hahaha No thanks. I'm going to take a break from the bigger helis and try my hands at a micro. Parts are super cheap and I'm told they can hold up better in crashes. But I'll be around if you have any questions. Later, Joe
Old 10-11-2009, 09:24 PM
happy-dingo

Heya's

Hey Joey Im doing the same Ive just ordered a walkera CB180D ...... I'll keep my Wal - #60 until i get my HK450 built....
Twister..how you going with the head???  I have a PDF file for a metal head for a walkera 36 dont know if that would help to get it go to 

rchobby.com.au other than that you maybe able to find some thing on youtube..

Have fun all

dingo

Old 10-11-2009, 10:26 PM
Twister773

I have it all back together but obviiously not correctly....everything seems great except for i throttle up about half way and then if i push the right stick up the heli wants to lift, if i push the right stick down the heli wants to suck to the ground...what does this mean?
Old 10-11-2009, 11:56 PM
Twister773

Anyone, it is so close i think to being flyable haha.  something has to be done wrong with the head
Old 10-12-2009, 12:08 AM
happy-dingo

Hey Twister found this site for you ... http://www.buzzflyer.co.uk/rc-helicopter-guide.asp .... has head assembly steps

on the Walkera #60 upgrade you have to swap the Aileron and Pitch servo plugs around on the Rx and also reverse the switches on the Tx 
the Belts have a different Tx  and I have no idea what the adjustment for you would be sorry ... you could disconect the motor and play around until you get the switching right ie:- everything moving the right way 

I'll keep my eye open for you and post the answer if i find it

Have fun 
Dingo
Old 10-12-2009, 12:41 AM
Twister773

i still cant figure it out :/
Old 10-12-2009, 02:37 AM
happy-dingo

hmmm sorry cant help you Twister ,,,, I cant find any info on the net  other than there is supposed to be a section in the manual (but supposed to be useless as well) not owning a Belt I have no clues other than what ive offered ...
The only other thing that i can think of is I have a T6 2.4 Tx and for the set up on it for the Walkera 36 you have to set the swash plate to 90* rather than 120*  dont know if that helps ..... 
what Tx have you got ???
maybe send a pm to Joeyhatch
Old 10-12-2009, 02:46 AM
Twister773

dx6i....im redoing the head right now and ill see what happens. Everything seemed to be hooked up correct so we will see if doing it again fixes something overlooked
Old 10-12-2009, 03:00 AM
happy-dingo

ok good luck with it ...... did you try swapping the servo leads around on the Rx as with the walkera #60 the metal head reverses the pitch and thats what it sounds like its doing by wanting to suck down rather than lift off 

I'll keep looking for info for you ...but I havent found anything as yet ......

Dingo
Old 10-12-2009, 03:16 AM
Twister773

I think i may have gotten it, just a bunch of wrong settings or something....im trying to get it trimmed and to fly and hover well right now but its not working well.
Old 10-12-2009, 04:10 AM
happy-dingo

coool  keep working at it you'll get there 

Trial and error ..... I dont like the cnc head/ tail that i put on my #60 ive had a hard time getting it sorted out but got it to lift off today with out tail spin ......... too much pitch on the main blades which in turn reduced head speed so in turn slowed tail rotor speed which meant that the tail didnt hold and spun outta control .... so still working on the main blade pitch to get it right ( using standard Tx so un-able to program it 

seems to be very little on the net about Belt CP 's which seems strange as the seem to be the next choice after walkera's  any way glad you got it sorted and working ( sorta )

Dingo
Old 10-12-2009, 05:28 AM
Twister773

well finally i think i got it working right....gonna fly it a little bit tomorrow and see if i can get it trimmed and flying like it should.  Ill post back my results.
Old 10-12-2009, 05:37 AM
wzak29

ORIGINAL: joeyhatch11

Hahaha Nice find though. I was going to tell you I have extras and I was going to send you one. hahaha Thats good though. I'm looking to sell my HDX450 and also my Futaba 7C 2.4ghz radio system. I'm going to get either a Walkera 4G6 micro or Real Flight G4.5. I'm just tired of breaking and fixing. The repair bills have finally took a toll. I added them up the other day and came up with $1,270 in 6 months hahaha No thanks. I'm going to take a break from the bigger helis and try my hands at a micro. Parts are super cheap and I'm told they can hold up better in crashes. But I'll be around if you have any questions. Later, Joe

If I crash it this time after spending over $200.00 on upgrades I will also buy some cheap 4ch. To trash, I have almost $400.00 into this heli and all I ever seen it do was tip over and crash.

Old 10-12-2009, 06:33 AM
joeyhatch11

If while your spinning up it's starts leaning one way or the other it's because your links aren't right. Start off slow with the throttle stick too. I'm seen people put too much throttle input and the heli would fall over, so start slow. hahaha

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.