Esky Helicopters Discuss the line of Esky electric helis in here including the Honey Bee, Lama, Belt CP, etc

........... BELT CP V2 Thread..........

Old 03-18-2009, 06:47 PM
slotdr

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: ........... BELT CP V2 Thread..........

niteliter, maybe you should try getting the
https://www.ushobbysupply.com/produc...roducts_id=380 from UShobby, there in stock and Michael ships real quick, I am still looking for the 400 seres belt cp v2 parts, see
that EK1-0402 through 424 are hard to find

joey
Old 03-18-2009, 07:02 PM
niteliter
My Feedback: (1)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Thanks Im there now,Iwas gonna ordr a few,but they dont have the main shafts,nor the main gears, iwanna stock up and be ready.
Old 03-19-2009, 03:02 PM
t dawgv12

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Ha! My "luck" has run out!,well to some extent anyhow. Last night after work I was attempting to spin slowly in place while hovering about 2 feet off the deck which as I mentioned is exceedingly difficult for my brain/hands to accomplish. I got about 80 degrees around when I let it slide out from hover, no big deal since I'm not high or moving fast but as I eased off the collective my heli had enough momentum to slide about 3 feet across the slick tile floor on its t-gear and strike the wooden edging/post that borders this tile area[] The main rotor hit the post (but didn't get damaged any more than a paint flake at the tipas it was slowly spinning at this point as I was off the gas) this flipped the heli on its side violently snapping the t-gear center brace. Upon inspection I found one of the ball retaining ends on one of the ring-links (EK1-0413) had split in the middle. Shaft and cross shafts seem to be clear of damage and when I spun up the blades everything looked and sounded as smooth as normal. I am sad because it is probably a good idea to not fly it until I replace the ring link (which are also difficult to locate and I know they are the same for the king3). Hopefully I can find one soon and get back in the air.
Happy flyin' n' fixin'
Tyler
Old 03-19-2009, 03:17 PM
niteliter

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

LOL.
I just put in an order at nitroplanes.com for main gears,main shaft,belt,and a few other CPV2.
nitroplanes keep alot of my stuff working...............

Joe
Old 03-19-2009, 04:26 PM
FLYGUY09

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

LOL We'll we're all flippin grounded....I'm still waiting for feathering shaft, main shaft & tail blade clamp.

The wife just gave me the OK to buy another heli (lucky man I am)....and now I'm wondering if build my own from one of those cheap ass 450 kits like the HK-450 or the EXI-450.
Old 03-19-2009, 04:55 PM
niteliter

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

ORIGINAL: FLYGUY09

The wife just gave me the OK to buy another heli (lucky man I am)....
Either that or you were gooood last night..........
If I had it to do alllllllllll over again,out of the HeliMax CPV3 (hard to fly right),Walkera HM53Q (looks GREAT on the shelf)(a very un-responsive flyer),E-Sky CPV2 (hard to find one of the most important parts -feathering shafts 0404)and the E-flite Blade 400,I think I would have ONLY gotten the Blade 400,why?well,its reacts well with the DX6I....................but,thats just my thought on the matter,but I hear the Trex models are great,never had one (YET,Im headed there)...............
Joe
Chesapeake,Va.
Old 03-19-2009, 06:40 PM
FLYGUY09

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

LOL it was something I did right! Usually I get the stink eye when I inform her of my latest parts order....maybe she feels sorry for me always waiting for parts.

Either way it's all good in the hood. I just need to make a decision soon before she changes her mind!
Old 03-20-2009, 01:28 AM
gagt2nv

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Hey guys i just found my parts at Jaghobbies. Should be back in the air soon. Hope the same goes for everyone else. take care and happy flying

Mike
Old 03-20-2009, 11:53 PM
t dawgv12

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Hey guys,
I also found that JaggHobbies seems to have decent prices and some good stock on v2 parts. They have that 0413 ring link that I semi-broke, but even they don't have the 0404 feathing shaft listed. I didn't order my part yet since I'm thinking about ordering a few other spare parts just in case. My wife gives me more than the stink eye when I want to spend ANY money so I have to plan carefully and not get too crazy. I risk death spending any as it is and we're not even poor!
Anyhow, after another look at my heli I could find no other damage and decided that it was flight worthy even with the split ball cup on the ring link. The link still seems strong when pulling at it even though split. I am doing no more than hovering around and such so I was confident that since their are 2 ring links anyhow it should be ok to fly and it was. I flew it with not issues at all for a full 12 minutes or so till the battery was done. Just as smooth and steady as always thankfully. I've just got to decide on what parts to get so I can replace that link soon anyhow!

Happy flyin'
Tyler
Old 03-21-2009, 12:01 AM
FLYGUY09

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

There is a direct replacement for the EK1-0404 sold through [link=http://www.ushobbysupply.com/product_info.php?products_id=933]US Hobby Supply.[/link] It's like 2.65 and each one is tested in a real heli before it's shipped off....so they say.

Oh and best part is that it's in stock as of 1 am EST 3/21/09.
Old 03-21-2009, 08:27 AM
slotdr

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Hi all, I hope that Belt CP v2 parts start getting sold more locally, I have to use 3 different web sites to buy spare parts, Jag hobbies has a great selection with Heldirect next, I really like UShobby supply but need more of the lower 400 part numbers 401,402,403, 406, 409 and so on. Many are out of stock for many weeks and really don't want to buy from out of the country. If anyone knows a shop all web site with in stock parts can you please post it for us.

HBK2, 3900 Motor, 10t gear
Metal Head & Tail, 43t pulley
Esky HH Gyro (EK2-0704A)
Dx6i TX & AR6200 RX
Belt CP v2 Dx6i TX & AR6100 RX
Old 03-21-2009, 08:44 AM
niteliter

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

We arent so lucky that we yet have a Walmart type RC dealer that carries all the parts we need for all the brands we have,I have the same problem,I have to buy from several places to get what I need,but I can tell you THIS! ToyRC.com is out of all the places Ihave bought from the SLOOOOOWEST shipper,not only that ,but I paid for 4 of the 0404's,and they are only sending ONE.
TIP;try to by in the USA...................
Old 03-21-2009, 09:01 AM
Disney1

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

The feathering shafts for the HBKv3 and Belt 3 are individually tested during manufacture.
I use the same shafts on my Belt CPv1 and they work great and do not bend as easily.

Ron Sr
Old 03-21-2009, 09:02 AM
FLYGUY09

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I've just bought 2 T-rex clones cuz I can't deal with the cp v2 delays anymore. [:@]

I wait 2 weeks minimum in between crashes. I didn't buy enough electronics for bothT-Rex clones but I bought enough servos to set them up, cuz the CCPM setup is the hardest. This way I can switch some electronics between frames when I want to or just use one for a parts heli....at least I now have other options. I need more flying time not more down time ya know!
Old 03-21-2009, 09:08 AM
FLYGUY09

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

ORIGINAL: niteliter

We arent so lucky that we yet have a Walmart type RC dealer that carries all the parts we need for all the brands we have,I have the same problem,I have to buy from several places to get what I need,but I can tell you THIS! ToyRC.com is out of all the places Ihave bought from the SLOOOOOWEST shipper,not only that ,but I paid for 4 of the 0404's,and they are only sending ONE.
TIP;try to by in the USA...................
Tower Hobbies is the USA's Walmart type RC but they don't focus on heli's near as much as they do airplanes. Not to mention what they do sell is heli-max & century and that's about it. I mean Century is a really good heli but its expensive so it doesn't have the following that E-sky does. Hobby-Lobby just recently stopped stocking Belt CP RTFs not sure about Belt CP parts....but it seems less and less U.S. stores either can't compete price wise or no longer want to deal with E-sky's dealer requirements.
Old 03-21-2009, 10:18 AM
slotdr

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Hi All Call me crazy but I try to get i spare part of everything except bearings so I do not have to wait after a crash, so basically I spend about an extra $125 + in spare parts before I even take my first flight, Just a little obsessive in that area, thats why I have 2 HBK2's, I think I'm set for a while but I am more addicted to getting the spare parts then flying on some days
Old 03-21-2009, 11:12 AM
Disney1

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

You are not Crazy. I have enough spare parts for my heli to build another one. With some spare parts left for both.

It took me a bit to accumulate the parts, but it is great to be able to fix the heli right away and fly again same day. Then I order replacements.

Ron Sr
Old 03-21-2009, 11:37 AM
niteliter

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I hear ya.
When I got back from Eagle Hobby today (2 MORE CPV3 swashplates,1 for stock)I was greeted by a box with my repaired DX6I,I bonded it to my Blade 400,Im charging the battery now,when done,Im gonna take it to the LHS and let them check out the pitch and setting,had enough crashes with my other helis.wanna start this round FRESH,and on the RIGHT patch,Im a newbie,dont wanna take any more chances then I have to...............alittle more carefullness and less carelessness will help...................
Old 03-21-2009, 12:14 PM
slotdr

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Niteliter, I never thought I could set up my Dx6i but followed these instrutios and it works fine
https://www.ushobbysupply.com/downlo...a1bd5a0aba10d3 also there are a lot of post on this forum with different pitch & throttle settings to go by

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_76...tm.htm#7644172

Joey
Old 03-21-2009, 12:44 PM
niteliter

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I saw that,but after the b/s with the cpv2,and cpv3..........................................im not compadent (sp) enough..............
Old 03-21-2009, 03:50 PM
Disney1

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Slot Dr. Thanks for the compliment on the DX6i setup file.

Niteliter. I created the above linked file for people like me that needed a lot of help setting up my DX6i on my heli. The only thing I had flown prior to my Belt CPv1 was a Falcon-40 on a stock TX and then I made the Huge jump to a Belt CP and DX6i all at once. I needed a lot af advice on the setup and put all that info into one document.

Ron Sr
Old 03-21-2009, 03:53 PM
slotdr

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Disney1, if not for your setup guide I might not have stayed in this hobby even after buying the Dx6i, I know now to read directions before just thinking I know, Everyone who has a Dx6i I am sure set it up with your help

Joey
Las Vegas NV
Old 03-21-2009, 04:04 PM
Disney1

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Wow

Thanks so very much.

I remember all the problems I had and just want to help others in the same boat.(the sinking one)

Ron Sr

Old 03-21-2009, 05:09 PM
niteliter

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Im sure it will come in handy,sometime,but as for me,right now Im so aggravated with tis CPV3..................Im glad now I droppedmy 400 and dx6i offf so it can be setup by someone with half a brain............

http://www.ronlund.com/Merchant2/mer...de=Setup_Tools

hav a good one
Joe...................
Old 03-22-2009, 01:22 PM
slotdr

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Hi all, I have a servo question, what would be a good drop in digital servo for the new
Belt Cp v2, I am still using the stock that came with it,

Thanks

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service