Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > Esky Helicopters
Reload this Page >

!!! YES I FINALLY GOT A DX7!!! ALSO NEED IMIDEIATE HELP!!

Community
Search
Notices
Esky Helicopters Discuss the line of Esky electric helis in here including the Honey Bee, Lama, Belt CP, etc

!!! YES I FINALLY GOT A DX7!!! ALSO NEED IMIDEIATE HELP!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2009, 10:32 AM
helicrazedout

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default !!! YES I FINALLY GOT A DX7!!! ALSO NEED IMIDEIATE HELP!!

WELL I JUST GOT MY NEW SPECTRUM DX7 TRANSMITTER WITH THE AR7000 TODAY! just waiting on servos then my belt cp will be ready to fly! i will be getting 3 hitec 65hb so thats fine but the hobby shop is having a long wait for the futaba 9257 servos so i heard that their is another tail sevo the align ds420 how is this tail servo on the belt cp??
also cant understand inst on charging the dx7 battery where is the pilot light how should i charge when i plugged in i looked for a light to indicate charging but where the heck is the light?? also what is the jr sport 4 pack nihm batterey PACK FOR AND DO YOU CHARGE THE DX7 TRANSNSIMMTER BATTERY AT THE SAME TIME AS THE JR ONE oh and any other dx7 tips starter are appreaciated thx!!!!
Old 03-09-2009, 10:54 AM
FLYGUY09

Default RE: !!! YES I FINALLY GOT A DX7!!! ALSO NEED IMIDEIATE HELP!!

Congrats on the new TX/RX.

As far as tail servos I just boutght a Hi-Tech HSG-5084 Tail Servo, which was just recently released.

SPECS:
L: 29mm x W: 13mm x H: 30mm (1.14" x 0.51" x 1.18")
Transit: 0.07 sec/60° (4.8V) 0.05 sec/60° (6.0V)
Torque @ 4.8V: 1.5 kg-cm, (20.8 oz-in)
@ 6.0V: 1.9 kg-cm, (26.39 oz-in)
Weight: 21.9g (0.77oz)
Old 03-09-2009, 11:16 AM
barak1001

The battery pack is a receiver pack.

The charge light is on the wall adapter. It will light up red when the radio is charging.
Old 03-09-2009, 11:33 AM
helicrazedout

ahhh no i just pluged in the battery packs and the lights on the wall charger dont light up and go red what could be wrong???? plz help!!
Old 03-09-2009, 12:07 PM
barak1001

The wall charger only has one light, and that light is red. If it's red then your DX7 is charging.
Old 03-09-2009, 12:15 PM
bad400

ORIGINAL: helicrazedout

WELL I JUST GOT MY NEW SPECTRUM DX7 TRANSMITTER WITH THE AR7000 TODAY! just waiting on servos then my belt cp will be ready to fly! i will be getting 3 hitec 65hb so thats fine but the hobby shop is having a long wait for the futaba 9257 servos so i heard that their is another tail sevo the align ds420 how is this tail servo on the belt cp??
also cant understand inst on charging the dx7 battery where is the pilot light how should i charge when i plugged in i looked for a light to indicate charging but where the heck is the light?? also what is the jr sport 4 pack nihm batterey PACK FOR AND DO YOU CHARGE THE DX7 TRANSNSIMMTER BATTERY AT THE SAME TIME AS THE JR ONE oh and any other dx7 tips starter are appreaciated thx!!!!
as for a tail servo jr has a good one its the ds290g.ALOT of people use this with great sucess.
im not sure on the tx battery chargeing issue. i have the dx6i. i use rechargables in it, there is a whole on the side that say`s CHARGER.
i simply use the plug from the stock e-flite wall charger that goes to the balance charger and plug it into the radio.shazam charging battries
Old 03-09-2009, 12:15 PM
ArrowNaughtic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Being as you are not in the US, there may be a possibility that your wall charger is different than those offered in the US. In your manual that came with your NEW DX7 should be a contents menu at the beginning of the book. It will have a reference to charging both the TX and RX batterys as well as an explanation of how to determine if the wall charger is working.
Depending on where you purchased your TX from, there may be some variants that would possibly require an adapter for your wall charger to work with your electric supply. Maybe a link to YOUR SPECIFIC TX would haelp us to determine wether your setup requires "special" adaptations.
You will love your new TX, the programming offered by the DX7 is light years above what the stock TX's offer.

__________________________________________________ ___________________________________

Of all the things I ever lost....................................... I miss my mind the most!
Old 03-09-2009, 01:28 PM
helicrazedout

well i wish i could find a link but on back of manuel it saids from england so must be uk edition i think. as for the wall charger it reads on label as follows

jr remote control charger nec-322

input ac220w 50hz 3va
output tx dc11.6v 50ma
rx dc 5.8v 120ma

then in the wall charger there is 2 lights next to one light it saids rx then next to the other light it saids tx

plz help just got today and really want to charge it!!!!
Old 03-09-2009, 02:14 PM
bad400

the (RX) cable has a small black rectangle end on it? like comes on a servo?
the (TX) cable has a round end?.

what are you looking to charge?
are you trying to charge the heli`s battery.
or are you trying to charge the tx/radio batteries
Old 03-09-2009, 02:28 PM
helicrazedout

i am trying to charge the tx rx batteries
Old 03-09-2009, 02:42 PM
ArrowNaughtic

Can you take the charger and the Rx battery to a friends house and check if it works over there? It is sounding like your wall charger may be defective. Or try another outlet in your house......one you know works.

__________________________________________________ ___________________________________

Of all the things I ever lost....................................... I miss my mind the most!
Old 03-09-2009, 02:43 PM
bad400

does your (RX) have its own batteries? most run off the battery of the heli.

if your dx7 came with a charger then you should be able to plug the charger into the tx/radio itself.
look on the radio there should be a hole that say`s CHARGER.
i guess im not understanding whats going on here
ive never seen a (RX) that needs to be charged

on my dx6i i use the e-flite wall adaptor that came with the balance charger with the blade 400 to charge the batteries in the dx6i. there is a hole on the side of my radio that say`s CHARGER. i put my 4 rechargable batteries in the radio then plug it in with the wall adaptor.

why did your dx7 not come with a manual?
Old 03-09-2009, 02:56 PM
helicrazedout

yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! problem solved now im happy!!!!!!!!!! went over to the neibour he kindly pointed out that i am pluging my wall charger into the wrong kind of adaptor it was a convertor adaptor no good he gave me the right adaptor for free!!! praise my neibour zack!!!!!!!!!!! still need to know about the tail servo though the align ds 420?? whats it like any good?
Old 03-09-2009, 03:16 PM
ArrowNaughtic

Glad to hear it was as simple as adapting to ones electrical environment! I was wondering what was going on. bad400......... the RX battery is used to power your RX and servos when one does not have a BEC built into thier ESC. (BEC = Battery Eliminater Circuit) All gas planes and helis require a RX battery to operate the electronics. Most TX's come with a Rx battery and a on/off /charge switch so you can isolate that part of your setup. Most larger ESC's don't come with the BEC but another method is to get a UBEC and wire it into your ESC power in wires to provide power to the electronics that way too.
Tail servo's.......................... There are a whole bunch of great servos that function well with the...............wait! what kind of gyro are you using on your heli? I have a TREX 450 that I am using a Hitec HS81 MG (analog servo) and I have all the tail authority I could ever need. Unless you are a crack 3D pilot just get something that is in the .11 to .15 response range and you will be fine. You don't have to have the latest and greatest to preform simple 3D manuevers. Just something that will respond fairly decently. Hope that opens more options for you!

Old 03-09-2009, 05:29 PM
bad400

ORIGINAL: ArrowNaughtic

Glad to hear it was as simple as adapting to ones electrical environment! I was wondering what was going on. bad400......... the RX battery is used to power your RX and servos when one does not have a BEC built into thier ESC. (BEC = Battery Eliminater Circuit) All gas planes and helis require a RX battery to operate the electronics. Most TX's come with a Rx battery and a on/off /charge switch so you can isolate that part of your setup. Most larger ESC's don't come with the BEC but another method is to get a UBEC and wire it into your ESC power in wires to provide power to the electronics that way too.
Tail servo's.......................... There are a whole bunch of great servos that function well with the...............wait! what kind of gyro are you using on your heli? I have a TREX 450 that I am using a Hitec HS81 MG (analog servo) and I have all the tail authority I could ever need. Unless you are a crack 3D pilot just get something that is in the .11 to .15 response range and you will be fine. You don't have to have the latest and greatest to preform simple 3D manuevers. Just something that will respond fairly decently. Hope that opens more options for you!

i uderstand the rx needs batteries on a gas/nitro heli.
but i could have swore he said he had a belt cp isnt that electric?
so why are we trying to charge batteries for a electic heli`s RX. this is what i wasnt understading.
this is why in this hobby people need to know what they have..
to keep asking how to charge the rx batteries on a heli that use`s the heli`s battery to power the RX make for a very uneventful thread.
Old 03-09-2009, 06:06 PM
ArrowNaughtic

ya bad........i don't believe he ever discussed how his electronics were going to be powered, my bad for making assumptions. However that RX battery comes in uber handy for setting up the heli without having to power up the ESC and therefore the motor. I use a RX battery to set up all my planes and helis servos and throws. No need to use the lipo when you have a good power source right handy and it will plug into the battery port and do all ya need to do. Pitch setup using the RX battery is a snap too. You can hit your idle up positions and set everything up except the throttle which can be done easily at the field.
Also I have a Century Swift 16 thats electric and I could have gone either way for powering the servos, gyro and RX. A seperate UBEC (the way I decided to go) or with a RX battery. Just because a heli is electric or has a ESC with A built in BEC doesn't mean one has to choose to go that way. Simply by removing the red wire from the ESC to the RX throttle channel one eliminates the ESC's BEC and can then go one of the 2 ways I descibed. Some of my higher Amperage ESC's do not have a BEC and some will only power up to 3 servos. Theres a reason that RX batterys and UBEC's are available.......even if one is powering a Belt CP
Not trying to make anyone feel stupid.......just trying to explain my line of thinking. What works for me may not be the choice for others but I am not here for a fan club........just sharing what works for me.

Old 03-10-2009, 03:15 AM
jerrymac
My Feedback: (2)

Yep, the little rx battery is nice for setting up your helis. I even use mine to set up my little HBK2's. Of course at 4.8 volts it is a little small for using to power the rx in flight IMO. That's why I use a 7.4 volt lipo to power the rx in my Hurricane 550. Bigger helis, even electric don't even notice the extra weight that is added by using 2 lipos, one for the motor and one for the rx. And for me, I just kinda like the idea that if something goes wrong with the main flight battery or the esc you still have a chance to auto to save the heli.
Old 03-10-2009, 11:14 AM
helicrazedout

wow! thanks so much for the help guys! oh i will probably get the JRg490t gyro so would the ds 420 work and is this servo a good fit to the tail does anyone use this tail servo? oh so i wont be using the reciver battery pack then i will use for setup though and how long should i charge my dx7 battery pack ?
Old 03-10-2009, 11:30 AM
helicrazedout

here found some spec on the align ds 420 tail servo on the site it said that it was being used in a trex-250 so can it still be used good in a belt cp???

Fast speed and high torque. High strength metal gears with high precision and durable structure characteristics.
Aluminum alloy mid case construction for instantaneous heat dissipation, maintaining servo’s high efficiency.
Supports digital & analog control signal.
Precise servo, suitable for T-Rex 250 rudder use.

Stall torque:0.75kg.cm(4.8V)1.0kg.cm(6.0V)
Motion speed:0.08sec/60°(4.8V)0.06sec/60°(6.0V)
Rating voltage DC 4.8-6V
Temperature range:-20°C~+60°C
Dimension:22.8 x 12 x 25.4mm
Weight:12.7g Accessories:
Servo rudder piece x 4
Set screw x 1
Tapping screw for servo x 2

Old 03-10-2009, 02:30 PM
ArrowNaughtic

The gyro should work ok but it seems your tail servo you have in mind is much too small. Even at 6 Volts supplied to it. it only has about 13 oz torque. My HS 81 has 42 oz torque at 6 Volts. This is on my TREX which is the same size as your belt CP. Seems your gyro is capable of supporting digital tail servos which in reality means quicker response compared to analog. However i doubt anyone but professional pilots would feel the difference.
Go for something that has at least 30 oz torque (2.6 kg.cm) and i think you will be fine. Looking at the gyro you have in mind I see that it has a switch on it for high rate (digital servo) and low rate (analog servo). Get something that has the speed you desire [link=http://www.servocity.com/html/s3115.html]LIKE THIS ONE[/link] and don't get caught up in the best of the best game. I still suggest going with the Hitec HS 81........ It is all the servo my TREX needs and does its job exceptionally well.
One has to ask, what skill level are you? That should be a deciding factor for your tail servo purchase.

Old 03-10-2009, 03:22 PM
helicrazedout

well i want it to handle fast flying and a little bit of mild 3d so would the hitec 81 hs work well??? oh and can you put a hitec 65hb on the tail of the belt cp? is it any good or is the hitec 81hb better why so and is the 81 a fast servo? thanks for the help!
Old 03-10-2009, 04:36 PM
bad400

the hitec 55`s,65`s are really slow. their good for the cyclic but would not personally use them on the tail

you might look at the futaba 9257, the JRds290g.
servo that are designed for the tail usually work good for the tail.
Old 03-10-2009, 06:02 PM
HarleyDave

ORIGINAL: helicrazedout

well i want it to handle fast flying and a little bit of mild 3d so would the hitec 81 hs work well??? oh and can you put a hitec 65hb on the tail of the belt cp? is it any good or is the hitec 81hb better why so and is the 81 a fast servo? thanks for the help!

For servos on the cyclic you want to lean toward ones that offer torque. Speed also would be nice if your more advanced. For the tail you want one that is more specialized in speed more than torque. For instance a popular one for the 450 tail is a Futaba 9257 which the torque is: 27.76 oz-in (2.0 kg-cm) at 4.8V. The speed is 0.08sec/60° at 4.8V. Its plenty of servo for even the advanced 3-D pliot, and also a popular one for the Trex 500 in which Finless uses the same one, so just also keep that in mind when selecting your tail servo.

Dave
Old 03-10-2009, 08:24 PM
ArrowNaughtic

I read you couldn't get a 9257 in your first post so was trying to come up with a quick and cheap alternative. Ultimately you have to decide on what you want. The futaba 9650 is also a good tail servo for the 400 class heli's. The one you had picked out was not strong enough to hold your tail in any kind of 3D. Get a servo that won't blow out when doing fast pirohuettes....... stay in the 2.kg.cm area for torque and use either digital or analog. A servo is a servo............ some are designed for particular applications but I seriously doubt anyone really needs a $50 servo for a $150 air frame. Just get a servo that will do the job and upgrade later if you want. Servos work in other stuff too.
You are the one that will be flying it, buy the best you can afford, and be done with it. Go to www.servocity.com and look at the servos there..... You can get all the specs for Futaba and Hitec servos on thier site. then if your LHS has it you are set.

Old 03-11-2009, 10:22 AM
helicrazedout

so would i be good with a hitec 81hb servo will hold in light 3d??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.