Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

IDLE UP & GYRO.SW

I'm a beginner. Also i have Belt Cp v2 with ET6I Transmitter.

What's the position of IDLE UP Switch (N or 1) and GYRO.SW (0 or 1) for a normal fly.

Thanks

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: IDLE UP & GYRO.SW

ORIGINAL: qraphic
    What's the position of IDLE UP Switch (N or 1) and GYRO.SW (0 or 1) for a normal fly.
    Thanks
    Hey again Graphic,

If you are a newbie to flying - my advice is that a CP heli is a lot to handle straight out of the gate - it costs a lot of man-hours and $ to repair WHEN you crash! A FP (such as the Honeybee2 FP) would have been a better choice for an absolute beginner. It teaches you HOW to handle orientation changes and throttle control. Then, when you do graduate to a CP it doesn't take very long to adapt! If I have got it wrong, I apologize in advance.
    To answer your question (well I can answer half anyway) the IDLE UP switch (as you have probably guessed by now) should be at N for normal when flying rightway up - the only time that I have used the "1" setting is when in inverted flight. DON'T FLICK IT BY ACCIDENT - the headspeed goes to near full throttle when the throttle stick is at it lowest point!
    [What it is for is: when inverted, flicking this switch to "1" and moving the throttle to its mid-point gives (if you have set it up so) 0ΒΊ pitch and as you vary the throttle stick around this mid-point it inputs more or less pitch (usually +10ΒΊ - -5ΒΊ) to vary your altitude. Essentially, it lets you vary the pitch angle of the blades - while keeping the headspeed the same high rpm]

As I don't have a Belt, I won't speculate on the GYRO switch settings - someone that owns one, please help us out here!

Peter[sm=shades_smile.gif]
    HK-450GT (Incognito Mosquito), DX6i (highly modded) ...check out www.RC450.com

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: pgroom_68

... DON'T FLICK IT BY ACCIDENT - the headspeed goes to near full throttle when the throttle stick is at it lowest point!

Peter[sm=shades_smile.gif]
    Something that I already learned very painfully - my ONLY experience with the Belt up to now - which made me the lucky owner of a brand new gear, as I shredded the original one beyond recognition ...

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: qraphic

Thanks

Not sure what the gyro switch is for but the manual says up is the normal position

According to my calculations the problem does not exist

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

think it turns the gyro on and off(iv tried it before...cant even keep it up with it on the 1 slides around WAY to much then)
    // Esky Belt CP V2 CopterX Head + Tail // Tamiya Stadium Blitzer // HPI Firestorm 10T //

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

It doesn't turn the gyro off. It's nearly impossible to hover without the gyro.

It actually switches the gyro between heading hold mode and rate mode. Heading hold is the more stable of the two (and probably what the manual refers to as "normal") so most people just fly in that mode all of the time.

Heading hold mode tries to keep the heli pointing in the same direction (unless you give it input). If wind or something turns the heli the gyro will keep correcting until the heli is pointed back in the original direction again.

Rate mode just tries to keep the heli from turning, without concern to the specific direction it's pointing. If wind turns the heli the gyro will correct only until it stops turning, regardless of what direction it ends up pointing.

To give you an example in flight, if you're hovering tail in and "slide" to the left using left cyclic, in HH mode the heli will continue to point in the same direction but in rate mode the tail will drift around until the nose is pointing to the left. In rate mode the tail follows a turn almost like an airplanes tail does, in HH mode you need to fly the tail with the rudder stick in a turn.
    Esky Lama V4, Blade CP+, Esky Honey Bee King 2, Trex 450SE, Trex 600N

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

gnd2, so what is the normal switch position for the gyro? Should it be set to 0 or 1 for us beginners?