Esky Helicopters Discuss the line of Esky electric helis in here including the Honey Bee, Lama, Belt CP, etc

Honey Bee FP

Old 01-12-2010, 01:00 AM
Kelownan
My Feedback: (1)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Honey Bee FP

Well, 1/3rd throttle trim seems to be the sweet spot for the throttle trim. and now she flies!!!!

im running a 1000mah 3s lipo by the way. half throttle TRIM seems to cause the tail to twitch at zero throttle stick.
had to tweak the gain and proportinal but i've nearly got it nailed.

its surprisingly easy to fly considering i have to tell it what to do 2seconds before i want it to do it. It sure doesnt stay in the air
like a Lama4 there's considerable ammount of ground magnetism

ill be interested to see how the super blades help
Old 01-12-2010, 01:18 AM
pgroom_68

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

ORIGINAL: joeyhatch11
The Walkera U-Fly is the same size as our HoneyBee's. But they say it's amazing because it's a brushless FP with a shaft driven tail and holds great tail authority. I was planning on selling off the rest of my HDX450SE v4 stuff and buying the Walkera but the buyier is offering a trade for his Walkera 4G3. I'm waiting for more details on the heli to see what condiction it's in and what it's going to come with. Here's a link to the U-Fly. There are 2 videos listed, one stock, and the other with wowhobbies upgraded motor.
http://www.wowhobbies.com/walkeraufl...cdtxrtf-1.aspx
Hey again Joey,

Nice - I'm a bit worried about the shaft driven tail of the original. If it is anything like the shaft driven tail of my new [link=http://www.besthobbysite.com/shop/product_info.php?cPath=150_152&products_id=12592]CB180D[/link] - scroll down to pic within link - it seems like a possible weak point. I have a DD tail motor ready to change out when the first sign of problems occurs.....

Peter[sm=shades_smile.gif]
Old 01-12-2010, 01:23 AM
pgroom_68

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Kelownan
Well, 1/3rd throttle trim seems to be the sweet spot for the throttle trim. and now she flies!!!!
im running a 1000mah 3s lipo by the way. half throttle TRIM seems to cause the tail to twitch at zero throttle stick.
had to tweak the gain and proportinal but i've nearly got it nailed.
its surprisingly easy to fly considering i have to tell it what to do 2seconds before i want it to do it. It sure doesnt stay in the air
like a Lama4 there's considerable ammount of ground magnetism
ill be interested to see how the super blades help
Hey again Kel,

Well done mate! What flybar and paddles are you running? The lighter-weight super-skids.com paddles and super CF flybar make the lag time a bit shorter.......

P.S. It takes me around 10 minutes to totally get used to flying again after a coaxial.......
Old 01-12-2010, 07:22 AM
joeyhatch11

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

The DD tail on the U-fly is not comtrolled by a motor like the CB100 series. So I would think that it would last a bit longer. I know some have said that the tail gears strip out easy but that's also when they've crashed, not in normal flight. I just think having a FP heli the same size at the HBV2 with a shaft driven tail is going to be awsome. Better head speed because of the brushless motor and more controll over the tail.
Old 01-13-2010, 02:14 AM
Kelownan
My Feedback: (1)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

ORIGINAL: pgroom_68

Hey again Kel,

Well done mate! What flybar and paddles are you running? The lighter-weight super-skids.com paddles and super CF flybar make the lag time a bit shorter.......

P.S. It takes me around 10 minutes to totally get used to flying again after a coaxial.......
I hear ya pete, Im gonna have to get more lipo's cos im finding it takes me a pack to get warmed up.
The rotor head is all stock at the moment so when i get the chance ill be gettin some upgrades, but after i sppend money on
my beleagerd PC, grrrrr......

I tried some nose in hovers today but i lost orentation and focus, had to duck as it flew over and hit the wall behind me.
i still cant get over how much of a hammering these suckers can take.

2nd battery was better. had a close call with a tree while attempting a figgure 8 but no crashes YAY!

kel
Old 01-17-2010, 01:42 AM
pgroom_68

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Hey again all,

Thanks to the idea for this mod from Spiros on the Big Lama thread, I have adapted the concept for use with other birds.
The "pen mod" involves getting the ink barrel from an old biro, emptying it of ink, trimming it to the correct length, and gluing it over the two CF shoring rods holding on the canopy, thus making a "stop" for the grommets and strengthening the whole area.
Instructions:
1. Get a used pen (or biro as they are called here in Australia). I used a BIC cristal medium. It MUST have a 2mm or close INSIDE diameter ink barrel - so start looking for it/them around the house.
2. Remove the ink barrel and empty it. This is easy (but potentially messy) to do, so keep the area covered with plenty of kitchen towel I emptied out the remaining ink by pushing it out with a bent flybar, and using the pressure of the WD-40 shown to get the debris out.
3. Cut two lengths each just over 1 inch long with sharp scissors.
4. Slip over the CF rod leaving the ends of the rod sticking out so the grommets can be fitted easily.
5. Adjust & fly for a while BEFORE gluing into the best place with crazy-glue.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Pn37743.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	99.0 KB
ID:	1357767   Click image for larger version

Name:	To44103.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	99.8 KB
ID:	1357768   Click image for larger version

Name:	Nl30373.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	98.2 KB
ID:	1357769   Click image for larger version

Name:	Rm38438.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	99.7 KB
ID:	1357770   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pn37053.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	84.8 KB
ID:	1357771   Click image for larger version

Name:	Uq49750.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	105.0 KB
ID:	1357772  
Old 01-17-2010, 08:00 AM
barak1001

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXGN51&P=FR

No mess, 2mm ID hard plastic.
Old 01-17-2010, 08:25 AM
joeyhatch11

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Yeah but it's always fun to find something, rip it apart, and mod it for use on a heli. Anyone can buy something and cut it. How many can make there own? LOL
Old 01-18-2010, 02:41 AM
pgroom_68

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

ORIGINAL: barak1001
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXGN51&P=FR
No mess, 2mm ID hard plastic.
Hey again Tony,

I've already got some of that - but find it to in-flexible. The pen ink barrel plastic is just right and will be what I use to help isolate the motor vibrations from the BOL canopy - so I can try mounting one of those Key Fob Cams - with velcro - above the cockpit (as an experiment). I have a length left over - so try it - it is fun to mod things

Old 01-22-2010, 07:44 PM
Ddaddy

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Hello Everyone,

Peter invited me as I'm thinking about getting a HBFPV2. Thought I'd say hi instead of just lurk :  )

Ken

Old 01-22-2010, 08:39 PM
Tinkman

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Hello Ken,
Welcome to the site. Do you have any helicopters?

Joaquin
Old 01-22-2010, 10:23 PM
Ddaddy

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Tinkman

Hello Ken,

Joaquin
Hi Joaquin,

Yes, I have 6 (since Christmas...can you beleive it? Of course you can...we're all addicted! MCX, MSR and BOL...the other 3 are 3 channels I bought during/right after Christmas. And I'm real good...I can crash them with the best of you! ; )

Considering the HBFPV2 or possibly skipping to the belt. Seen the Blade SR and it does look like a great beginner bird....but too docile...more like an MCX.

But don't know, obviously I'm very short on experience but have fun flying my birds : )

Ken

Old 01-22-2010, 11:16 PM
pgroom_68

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Ddaddy
Hello Ken,
Hi Joaquin,
Yes, I have 6 (since Christmas...can you beleive it? Of course you can...we're all addicted! MCX, MSR and BOL...the other 3 are 3 channels I bought during/right after Christmas. And I'm real good...I can crash them with the best of you! ; )
Considering the HBFPV2 or possibly skipping to the belt. Seen the Blade SR and it does look like a great beginner bird....but too docile...more like an MCX.
But don't know, obviously I'm very short on experience but have fun flying my birds : )
Hey again Ken,

Maybe Tinkman will have a suggestion for your next step for you, but I am out of ideas ATM
Can you perform a large figure-8 in clearview? Can you power past yourself at a perpendicular angle, gain some altitude, flip the rudder, down nose & fly in the exact opposite direction? If so, why not record flight & post here, so those of us with Clearview can download it and see where you are up to.....

Old 01-22-2010, 11:59 PM
Ddaddy

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

ORIGINAL: pgroom_68

Hello Ken,
Hi Joaquin,
Hey again Ken,

Maybe Tinkman will have a suggestion for your next step for you, but I am out of ideas ATM
Can you perform a large figure-8 in clearview? Can you power past yourself at a perpendicular angle, gain some altitude, flip the rudder, down nose & fly in the exact opposite direction? If so, why not record flight & post here, so those of us with Clearview can download it and see where you are up to.....

Hi Peter,

Thank you for inviting me to this forum....yes, I can do all those things with all my birds including MSR in the house.
I have to admit, I've almost stopped using clearview.....too easy and not similiar enough. Don't get me wrong, still tremendous value and I can't immediately control all the birds in Clearview.....but doesn't take long to figure them out and effectively fly them. Also the tail in nose in oreintation has never seems to be an issue with me....I seem to nudge the stick in the right direction regardless. Now I still get in trouble trying to power out of imminent crashes!....Ken, throttle off and start again......

Seriously, 4 batteries MSR tonight in house.....no crashes....and went on house tour : )

Ken (as he crashes CP bird saying to self...I should have listened!)

PS When I get addicted to something I go all the way...lets see...Jan 22 2010.....I've read for 60 days since Christmas on this! And killed one 1S battery (recharges!) And please. don't ask or let wife know how much money I spend in the last month! BTW, the heli looks good at the head of the bed : )

PSS Peter...buy an MSR

Old 01-23-2010, 12:39 AM
pgroom_68

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Hi Peter,
Thank you for inviting me to this forum....yes, I can do all those things with all my birds including MSR in the house.
I have to admit, I've almost stopped using clearview.....too easy and not similiar enough. Don't get me wrong, still tremendous value and I can't immediately control all the birds in Clearview.....but doesn't take long to figure them out and effectively fly them. Also the tail in nose in oreintation has never seems to be an issue with me....I seem to nudge the stick in the right direction regardless. Now I still get in trouble trying to power out of imminent crashes!....Ken, throttle off and start again......
Seriously, 4 batteries MSR tonight in house.....no crashes....and went on house tour :
(as he crashes CP bird saying to self...I should have listened!)
PS When I get addicted to something I go all the way...lets see...Jan 22 2010.....I've read for 60 days since Christmas on this! And killed one 1S battery (recharges!) And please. don't ask or let wife know how much money I spend in the last month! BTW, the heli looks good at the head of the bed :
PSS Peter...buy an MSR
Hey again Ken,

I have to laugh when I think what my wife would do if she found a helicopter at the head of OUR bed
You have a gift, my friend. Being able to spacially translate without conscious thought is 1:1000 - ever thought of becoming a model helicopter flight instructor? This "skill" would be wasted on real birds due to the fact that the pilot always faces forward! Do you get a buzz out of the near miss with furniture? Do you set yourself challenging flight "tracks" and then achieve them?
At one of our last heli-meets we set up a "track" like [link=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=joCgmQE-q-Y&feature=player_embedded]THIS[/link] - imagine what you could do??
Or do you think you would be happier trying extreme flying like [link=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wMK_X7Fwe18]THIS[/link]?

P.S. My Heli-buddy at the fly meet owns three or four MSRs, and the Clearview model is spritely but controllable - so I am considering getting one next month. Do you think I would learn anything from owning the model OVER flying it in Clearview?
Old 01-23-2010, 01:17 AM
pgroom_68

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Hey again all,

[link=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BqAWinNbVR0&NR=1]THESE[/link] Japanese Game Shows are always entertaining - and combined with helicopters - wow such precision flight! I would take my hat off to them (if I was wearing one)

Old 01-23-2010, 01:18 PM
Ddaddy

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Peter,

Your spot on! Yes on obstacle course...one part you'll find funny is I hang my daughters hoola hoop on a ceiling fan blade....th hoop is huge tho. The video course you showed, i can go through that much faster than the he did (my son and I compete on time to finish the course we make!

I love watching the extreme flying and hope someday to achieve that skill level but know I have to get a lot of real experience first. With that said I know I have the MCX mastered and good at MSR but haven't gotten the flight time needed in a larger space which I know is very important because the flying is different.

I practice at the air vent in one room to help learn fighting the wind etc. It's very hard outside with the MSR because consistent wind is ok...but wind is really never consistent is it? <<<

What I need is more practice on the BOL. But I've destroyed 4 sets of blade because they are flimsy 3D pro's (all by blade strikes). Now flying in 11mph wind and pushing limits to see what it will do is the cause of this.....have I mentioned how much I love flying heli's? Oh, I have 44 other blades (20 stock and 24 lma 400d) in shipping....wish they would arrive....maybe today!

Maybe I'm delusional or maybe I have picked it up quick (which actually might not be true cause I've flown at least an hour everyday since about Dec 28th....and MCX & MSR since Jan 4th...ummm...I fly more than an hour a day!

Sorry for rattling on......one more thing tho.....I have thought about what you've said and you are right. I'm ordering a HBFPV2. The reason is it's so cheap, will get me more diversified experience, and help when I get a CP heli. And I'll have another heli : )

Ken
Old 01-23-2010, 04:07 PM
Tinkman

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Hey Ken,
You've really jumped in with both feet! Nice.
Looking at the helis that you have now, the HBFP V2 (or similar bird)seems likethe logical next step. It gets you into a heli that can be flown outdoors (withvery littlewind). Personally, I only have two helis for the moment. I started with the HBFP Mk4. I flew it for about 6 months then bought a Belt CP V2. I think that the skills I learned with the HB were invaluable. If you want to get into bigger CPhelis, I think that's the way to go.

Joaquin
Old 01-23-2010, 07:45 PM
Ddaddy

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Anyone know where to order the HBFP V2 without the transmitter?

I have an ET4 already.

Ken
Old 01-23-2010, 07:59 PM
pgroom_68

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Peter,
...I fly more than an hour a day!
.....I have thought about what you've said and you are right. I'm ordering a HBFPV2. The reason is it's so cheap, will get me more diversified experience, and help when I get a CP heli. And I'll have another heli : )
Hey again Ken,

Nice choice! You will find that the BOL (being a stable coax) and the MSR (being a stable FP) were easy to fly - and the HBFPv2 can be a bit of a handful at times - a bit more like a CP! Well the more challenging a FP bird is - the more prepared you will be (with the rate of practice that you give them) for a CP - Belt or otherwise.....
In fact, the HBFPv2 can develop your skill level (up to a point - no inverted flight!) so much that other fliers that I know of gave up trying to achieve flight and went back to the coax as a "more fun" and more stable heli

Also have you thought about upgrading the HBFPv2 to a BL set-up yet? By all means get the bird first - and fly it - fly it - fly it - but a big advantage for you would be the lack of heat issue in the main motor. If you change to BL (I assume with a little help form your new friends here) you could potentially just change lipos every 12 minutes and fly away again - no waiting!

P.S. Of course you would have to order a DD tail motor with a wrap around heatsink for the tail motor to keep it cool also[sm=wink_smile.gif] - but at least it is $ well invested.......
P.P.S. Esky has yet to release a HBFPv2 WITHOUT Tx as far as I can see![:'(] Buying the [link=http://www.rtf-heli.com/ESKYHBFPbrushlesstail.html]TOTALY BL upgrade[/link] and retrofitting is your best option ATM - when you order anything from RTF-heli, don't get the Lipos - they are half price from [link=http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idProduct=9164]HobbyKing.com - 1000mAh 25C 11.1 Turnigy Lipo[/link]
Old 01-23-2010, 08:41 PM
Ddaddy

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Thanks Peter,

Yea I could't find BNF but thought I'd ask. I love brushless and that will probsally be done when the stock motor dies....am curious why nutcraze likes stock better tho. Any ideas?

Ken
Old 01-23-2010, 08:52 PM
rikybob

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Lurk, lurk, lurk (uh, did I say that or think it?) [8D]
Old 01-23-2010, 08:55 PM
pgroom_68

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Thanks Peter,

Yea I could't find BNF but thought I'd ask. I love brushless and that will probsally be done when the stock motor dies....am curious why nutcraze likes stock better tho. Any ideas?

Ken
Hey again Ken,

Sorry, I can't think of why ANYONE would prefer a brushed motor over a BL - except $

P.S. That is why many manufacturers now offer a BL package - more power, less heat, prolonged performance!
EVEN PLANES NOW OFFER BL MOTORS AS STANDARD!!
Maybe he is suggesting brushed for the newbie where $ counts more than quality - don't know
P.P.S. The rpms ARE slower which makes the rotors a less scary & quieter thing on a brushed motor also..... that's all I got!![sm=49_49.gif]
Old 01-28-2010, 10:39 PM
pgroom_68

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Hey again HBFP fliers,

I was trolling through Miracle-mart's Xtreme range and noticed [link=http://www.miracle-mart.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=3958&zenid=5da206ccf7a0790efdbd8e861c7c3289]THIS[/link]........

P.S. You can also buy them separately (still a bit expensive I reckon)
Old 01-29-2010, 10:07 AM
GTX SlotCar

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Peter - can you verify that the blade grips is actually the newest version? Dealers have been showing the new one for months but shipping the old one. If it is, I wonder if it'll fit better than the last 2 versions.

[edit] Oops. Never Mind. I see it's the combination center hub and blade grips so it is new. Now I've got to see if they have the new blade grips alone to fit the stock center hubs

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service