Community
Search
Notices
Esky Helicopters Discuss the line of Esky electric helis in here including the Honey Bee, Lama, Belt CP, etc

Honey Bee FP

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2010, 07:55 AM
Disney1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Honey Bee FP

Peter can you move teh servo control horn 180 degrees?
In other words remove the horn and put it back on the opposite side.
This will change teh direction of travel on teh servo.
I do not know of any way to change it in teh 4 in 1.
Old 01-08-2010, 10:01 AM
Tinkman

I was going to suggest the same thing, but I think the linkage would end up being too short.
Peter, I'm assuming everything worked normally before the cnc upgrade? Now all of a sudden it's reversed? That's really weird.

Tinkman

Old 01-08-2010, 10:12 AM
Tinkman

Hey Peter,
BTW, once you get this sorted out I think you'll be happy with the complete cnc headsetup. I love mine.You'll find it to be very responsive to every little input. I got a Belt CP V2 for Christmas and can't believe how terrible the cyclic and tail movements are with the stock setup. Every timeI give an input and go back to center, the servos don't fully return to neutral. It's a real problem with a heli that big and especially with how fast the main spins.I can't just do a panic landing like with the HB. The bird was drifting into some bushes the other day so I trieda panic landing as I'vetrained myself to doand wiped out a set of blades because it takes so long for the main to stop spinning.I broke down last night and bought a cnc head and tail assembly. Hopefully that cleans up the movement. I guessI got spoiled with my trusty HBFP!
Hope you get it figured out soon my friend.

Joaquin
Old 01-08-2010, 07:25 PM
pgroom_68

ORIGINAL: Tinkman
Hey Peter,
BTW, once you get this sorted out I think you'll be happy with the complete cnc head setup. I love mine. You'll find it to be very responsive to every little input. I got a Belt CP V2 for Christmas and can't believe how terrible the cyclic and tail movements are with the stock setup. Every time I give an input and go back to center, the servos don't fully return to neutral. It's a real problem with a heli that big and especially with how fast the main spins. I can't just do a panic landing like with the HB. The bird was drifting into some bushes the other day so I tried a panic landing as I've trained myself to do and wiped out a set of blades because it takes so long for the main to stop spinning. I broke down last night and bought a cnc head and tail assembly. Hopefully that cleans up the movement. I guess I got spoiled with my trusty HBFP!
Hope you get it figured out soon my friend.
Hey thanks Joaquin,

I buckled to the "pressure" this morning and tried flying about (just flicking the switch on the Tx). You're correct - IT HAS GREAT HANDLING - and RESPONSE HAS GOT FASTER STILL!! I don't wanna spoil this setup now

Peter[sm=shades_smile.gif]
P.S. I looked into the reversing of the horn - even tried it - but the linkages are NOT long enough as you predicted. What do you think about removing the servo and screwing it onto the other side of the bird?
Old 01-08-2010, 08:01 PM
joeyhatch11

I have the aluminum swash plate but just haven't installed it yet. I like my stock set-up. But I did find this morning how fragile the frame is. I'm sure it didn't help that it was like 30 degreese outside either but one of the post cracked. A little super glue should fix the problem but it still sucks. Cold weather flying is no good hahaha
Old 01-08-2010, 08:14 PM
pgroom_68

ORIGINAL: joeyhatch11
I have the aluminum swash plate but just haven't installed it yet. I like my stock set-up. But I did find this morning how fragile the frame is. I'm sure it didn't help that it was like 30 degreese outside either but one of the post cracked. A little super glue should fix the problem but it still sucks. Cold weather flying is no good hahaha
Hey again Joey,

I highly recommend that you take the ten minutes and install it Maybe I should rephrase that - IF YOU ARE NOT CRASHING AS MUCH AS YOU USED TO.... then change it out

P.S. If you bind the breakage area tightly with cotton thread and soak it in superglue it dries REALLY strong!
Old 01-08-2010, 09:32 PM
Tinkman

Hey Peter,
I think you're on to something there. I'm looking at the frame and thinkingyou could remove the servo and reinstall it flipped 180 deg using double stick and a zip tie. You could then re-attach the linkage on the right side ball link of the swash plate. The servo is only held in by one screw anyway.
I think this would work. It still bugs me that this just started happening though.

Joaquin

Old 01-09-2010, 12:12 AM
pgroom_68

Hey Peter,
I think you're on to something there. I'm looking at the frame and thinking you could remove the servo and reinstall it flipped 180 deg using double stick and a zip tie. You could then re-attach the linkage on the right side ball link of the swash plate. The servo is only held in by one screw anyway.
I think this would work. It still bugs me that this just started happening though.
Hey again Joaquin,

I think it is even easier on the HBFPv2 with two screws attaching the elevator servo and two vertical screw holes on the opposite (left) face.......
In your mind, would this work? [sm=72_72.gif]When the servo direction moves CW it moves the swashplate in one direction, it is a mirror switch of the servo so when the servo direction moves CW it now moves the swashplate in the other direction - correct?[sm=50_50.gif]

P.S. It still bugs me why it would just "occur" also mate!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Nl29771.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	93.8 KB
ID:	1352375   Click image for larger version

Name:	Oj27905.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	94.3 KB
ID:	1352376  
Old 01-09-2010, 03:32 AM
pgroom_68

ORIGINAL: Disney1
Cool idea Peter, two cams and edit it together.[img][/img]
Hey again Disney1,

Yip. There are heaps of editing programs available which will do that for you! It would end up something like [link=http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/fb.asp?m=9296954]THIS[/link] side-by-side or even [link=http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/fb.asp?m=9343676]THIS[/link] picture in-picture.....

Old 01-09-2010, 07:03 AM
joeyhatch11

With this new FP heli it's so easy to fly that I haven't crashed at all. I just came down a little too hard on the landing and cracked part of the frame. But I think it only happened because of how cold it is here. When you say cotton wrap what are you refering to? Ihave super glue and haven't done anything with it yet. Would be nice to add something to the spot first to make it stronger. If I find the time I'll try and swap the new swash plate on tonight. It's going to be a long day in the car audio shop. I have a custome Siruis Radio install, 2 remote car starters to do and a think a radio or two to install. Wish me luck LOL
Old 01-09-2010, 11:29 AM
Tinkman

This setup should work perfectly for you, as long as it doesn't decide to switch back in the middle of a flight. Go for it!
Joaquin
Old 01-09-2010, 11:41 AM
Tinkman

Hey Joey,
Cotton wrap is Australian for thread. What you do is tack the parts together with a small amount of CA, then wrap the broken area with thread. After it's wrapped up tight, soak the thread with more CA. It's like putting a cast on the break. It works pretty good.

Joaquin
Old 01-09-2010, 04:19 PM
pgroom_68

This setup should work perfectly for you, as long as it doesn't decide to switch back in the middle of a flight. Go for it!
Hey again Joaquin,

I'm in a similar situation to Joey today - have to complete paying jobs first - then I will be removing servos!

P.S. Thanks for translating [link=http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/fb.asp?m=9399759]Australian to American[/link] and adding a bit more detail for me
Old 01-09-2010, 06:17 PM
Tinkman

Any time Mate!

Joaquin
Old 01-10-2010, 06:36 AM
pgroom_68

Hey again Joaquin,

Well, I did it - and it turned out brill! - solving the problem. Now why would it do that by itself??[sm=confused.gif]??

TO CHANGE OVER A SERVO TO THE OTHER SIDE OF THE HELICOPTER THUS REVERSING THE DIRECTION (HBFPv2)
Remove the vertical control arm completely, undo both screws top & bottom of the elevator servo, move it over to the other side of the helicopter, [undo the servo arm screw most of the way - pul the arm to the end of the shaft (so it clears the spline) and rotate the arm 180ΒΊ and screw it back in to the servo again], wriggle the servo into its new position and screw it in. Reconnect the control arm & adjust. Whole job time=2 minutes. Tools=small philips screwdriver
The part of the above procedure in square brackets[ ] wasn't though necessary until during the proceedure

Old 01-10-2010, 11:29 AM
Tinkman

Well, I'm glad things are back to normal, but it really trips me out how that can happen by itself. Oh well, only one thing to do.... fire that puppy up and go flying!

Tinkman
Old 01-10-2010, 03:04 PM
Taz169

Hey guys well it looks like everyone has been haveing a good time. AND a good hoilday. Its been COLD here in NC so I have been doing all my flying inside as of now.. I wanted to ask you guys a motor question. I noticed on the front of the motor that there are a couple of air slots cut in the face of the motor. So it got me thinking I grabed a couple of washers shimed the face of the motoroff of the plastic frame.. I adjusted my pinion to make it a tad longer and flew it. Seems to fly fine I did it just to see if it made the motor any cooler.. So my question is do you think it would. I mean do you think the plastic frame was acting like a BIG heat sink. Or being able to push some of the hot air out of the bottom motor will make it a little cooler.. Or neither lol.... It seems fine I just didnt want to burn it up if the frame is suppose to act like a heat sink.. I dont have a heat temp gage so I cant tell just wanted some thoughts is all...I weighed my bird today batt and all. Shes 340 grams thats with a 1000mah batt and stock metal flybar.... I do have a DDtail and a Tinkman DD tail heat sink.. Supper paddles and some SuperBlades.... Thanks guys....

Old 01-10-2010, 06:19 PM
joeyhatch11

Yeah I dont think I'm going to do too much to my HBV2. I'm going to throw the SuperSkid aluminum swash on it and call it a day. I have the XP blades and the shortened fly-bar. But I've been eyeing up the Walkera U-Fly, brushless with shaft driven tail. Looks badass and still be easy to fly considering it's a FP. Only $179.99 RTF.
Old 01-10-2010, 11:42 PM
Kelownan
My Feedback: (1)

hey guys, dug out my Xtreme Honeybee For the summer and put on a DD tail.
Im having trouble figguring out why i cant get more than a foot of the ground and im at full throttle,

i weighed her on a set of kitchen scales (dont have fancy digital scales - Yet!)
i got to round 350gm all up weight or 12oz if your american.

do i need to lighen her up or is it the motor.

or maybe a plug from gary, Would superblades get me more skyward.

puzzling....

Name:	Sq46057.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	119.6 KB
ID:	1353873  
Old 01-11-2010, 12:41 AM
Tinkman

I don't think the weight is your problem. There are only a couple of things that come to mind. First I would check to make sure your throttle trim is centered. Then I would check for binding on the main gear, like maybe the pinion is too tight or a smoked bearing. After that,I'd say it'd have to be low battery voltage or a dying main motor.
After that I got nothing.

Tinkman
Old 01-11-2010, 01:00 AM
pgroom_68

ORIGINAL: joeyhatch11
Yeah I dont think I'm going to do too much to my HBV2. I'm going to throw the SuperSkid aluminum swash on it and call it a day. I have the XP blades and the shortened fly-bar. But I've been eyeing up the Walkera U-Fly, brushless with shaft driven tail. Looks badass and still be easy to fly considering it's a FP. Only $179.99 RTF.
Hey again Joey,

Walkera has come leaps & bounds in the last few years - I just got one of these [link=http://www.besthobbysite.com/shop/product_info.php?cPath=150_152&products_id=12592]Walkera CB180D[/link] birds (a pic of the Tx that came with it is below) It has a 45ΒΊ flybar and is great to hover - but trying to do some FF is more difficult. It seems you can have either stability or manuoverability with the smaller FP. But my mate has two Eflight MSRs and he says they are very stable AND manuoverable - go figure!

What size is the U-Fly? Would you be able to fly it in the house/office daily?

Name:	Us52921.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	119.8 KB
ID:	1353924  
Old 01-11-2010, 01:02 AM
Kelownan
My Feedback: (1)

Oh right, i put the throttle trim to bottom because the tail rotor would start spinning at zero throttle.
i might fiddle with the proportional then.
Old 01-11-2010, 01:05 AM
pgroom_68

ORIGINAL: Kelownan
hey guys, dug out my Xtreme Honeybee For the summer and put on a DD tail.
Im having trouble figguring out why i cant get more than a foot of the ground and im at full throttle,
i weighed her on a set of kitchen scales (dont have fancy digital scales - Yet!)
i got to round 350gm all up weight or 12oz if your american.
do i need to lighen her up or is it the motor.
or maybe a plug from gary, Would superblades get me more skyward.
puzzling....
Hey again Kel,

Maybe those superblades are the way to go? I don't have anything else to add without spending $ - sorry! Does it have an Extreme 380 motor in it already??[sm=confused.gif]

Old 01-11-2010, 01:09 AM
pgroom_68

ORIGINAL: Kelownan
Oh right, i put the throttle trim to bottom because the tail rotor would start spinning at zero throttle.
i might fiddle with the proportional then.
Hey again Kel,

Proportional & gain info are [link=http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/fb.asp?m=7350619]HERE[/link]! Just imagine that the top blades are transfered to the end of the boom......

Old 01-11-2010, 07:11 AM
joeyhatch11

The Walkera U-Fly is the same size as our HoneyBee's. But they say it's amazing because it's a brushless FP with a shaft driven tail and holds great tail authority. I was planning on selling off the rest of my HDX450SE v4 stuff and buying the Walkera but the buyier is offering a trade for his Walkera 4G3. I'm waiting for more details on the heli to see what condiction it's in and what it's going to come with. Here's a link to the U-Fly. There are 2 videos listed, one stock, and the other with wowhobbies upgraded motor.

http://www.wowhobbies.com/walkeraufl...cdtxrtf-1.aspx

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.