Esky Helicopters Discuss the line of Esky electric helis in here including the Honey Bee, Lama, Belt CP, etc

New Honey Bee FP V2

Old 01-09-2010, 07:08 AM
joeyhatch11

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: New Honey Bee FP V2

My whole thing with the servo is how did that happen in the first place? Servo just dont reverse themselves. LOL On the Tx I know there are switches on the face of it that can be flipped but isn't there switches on the inside where the batteries go? Maybe one of them got flipped by accident.
Old 01-09-2010, 04:28 PM
pgroom_68

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

ORIGINAL: joeyhatch11
My whole thing with the servo is how did that happen in the first place? Servo just dont reverse themselves. LOL On the Tx I know there are switches on the face of it that can be flipped but isn't there switches on the inside where the batteries go? Maybe one of them got flipped by accident.
Hey again Joey,

Hadn't thought of that - but my understanding is these small dip switches don't reverse the servo direction - just alter which Tx sticks they are assigned to......[sm=72_72.gif]

Peter[sm=shades_smile.gif]
Old 01-11-2010, 03:38 PM
dknovick

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

ORIGINAL: pgroom_68

Hadn't thought of that - but my understanding is these small dip switches don't reverse the servo direction - just alter which Tx sticks they are assigned to......[sm=72_72.gif]

They should be servo reversing switches. On most transmitters, you can't change the servo channel assignments.

p.s. changing the wires won't change the servo direction

-Dave
Old 01-12-2010, 02:52 AM
pgroom_68

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

ORIGINAL: dknovick
[sm=shades_smile.gif]
They should be servo reversing switches. On most transmitters, you can't change the servo channel assignments.
p.s. changing the wires won't change the servo direction
Hey & thanks Dave,

I solved my problem by changing which side of the bird the elevator servo is physically attached to. [link=http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/fb.asp?m=940320]HERE[/link] is a step by step of what I did!

As an experiment I CAREFULLY threw a dip switch (inside the battery compartment on an Eksy 0404 Tx). This combined the aileron & throttle sticks and would have made the heli go wild! The throttle reversing switches are on the front face - now I am sure!

I think these dip switches could be used to swap over modes - stick assignment.

Old 01-12-2010, 07:27 AM
joeyhatch11

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Is there a better frame set-up for these V2's? I know how plastics can e when it's cold out but yesterday morning I flew before work and when I came in to land I managed to crack and break three of four parts of the landing gear. LOL Now that's fragile. For now I'm going to super glue it back together but damn.
Old 01-13-2010, 01:45 PM
dknovick

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Hey & thanks Dave,

I solved my problem by changing which side of the bird the elevator servo is physically attached to. [link=http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/fb.asp?m=940320]HERE[/link] is a step by step of what I did!

As an experiment I CAREFULLY threw a dip switch (inside the battery compartment on an Eksy 0404 Tx). This combined the aileron & throttle sticks and would have made the heli go wild! The throttle reversing switches are on the front face - now I am sure!

I think these dip switches could be used to swap over modes - stick assignment.

Interesting. Thanks for posting your experiment. Always pays to be careful when flipping switches!

-Dave
Old 01-13-2010, 06:03 PM
46u
My Feedback: (3)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Has any one tried the brand name Blue Lipo Batteries?
Old 01-13-2010, 06:10 PM
joeyhatch11

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

LOL So I went to Walmart today, I love that place, and I got some super glue to patch up the landing gear. While I was there I also took a walk to the craft department and got some ribbon to wrap around the break. Once I wrapped it and covered it in CA it hardened like a rock. Super tough skids now hahaha Just thought I'd share. It worked out great.
Old 01-14-2010, 03:10 AM
pgroom_68

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

ORIGINAL: 46u
Has any one tried the brand name Blue Lipo Batteries?
Hey again 46u,

Nope - sorry.
I still prefer these [link=http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idProduct=9164]Turnigy 1000mAh 25C[/link] in my HBFPv2. They are just heavy enough to make the CG perfect!!

P.S. I got most of the metal head thingies and installed them yesterday, but I am still running the original main motor in this bird.......
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Bz76906.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	76.8 KB
ID:	1355827  
Old 01-14-2010, 03:21 AM
pgroom_68

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

ORIGINAL: joeyhatch11
LOL So I went to Walmart today, I love that place, and I got some super glue to patch up the landing gear. While I was there I also took a walk to the craft department and got some ribbon to wrap around the break. Once I wrapped it and covered it in CA it hardened like a rock. Super tough skids now hahaha Just thought I'd share. It worked out great.
Hey again Joey,

That's great mate![sm=wink_smile.gif] I hope the cold doesn't cause more brittleness around it - the joint wont break - something near will

Old 01-14-2010, 11:22 AM
dknovick

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

P.S. I got most of the metal head thingies and installed them yesterday, but I am still running the original main motor in this bird.......
Thing of beauty!

-Dave
Old 01-14-2010, 11:27 AM
Tinkman

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Looks great Peter!

Joaquin
Old 01-14-2010, 08:12 PM
pgroom_68

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Hey thanks guys!

Now the pilot has to learn to fly better......

Old 01-28-2010, 10:44 PM
pgroom_68

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Hey again all,

Well, ain't that the way?! Miracle-mart.com has already released another version of the [link=http://www.miracle-mart.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=3958&zenid=5da206ccf7a0790efdbd8e861c7c3289]Extreme blade grips & hub[/link] - just when I am happy with my set-up (see pic above)........typical!

P.S. You can also order them separately! I might order me some blade grips
P.P.S. See Tinkman, they were listening to our woes....
Old 01-28-2010, 10:54 PM
Tinkman

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Hey Peter,
That's a nice looking blade grip. It looks like the main body is split into two partsperpendicular tothe blades axis. By the photos it looks like the two halves completly enclose each bearing then screw togeather, eliminating the possibility of the grip popping off like it did in the past.
Nice upgrade. I may have to get one.... or two. (My son has a HBFP V2)

Joaquin
Old 01-28-2010, 11:01 PM
pgroom_68

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Tinkman
Hey Peter,
That's a nice looking blade grip. It looks like the main body is split into two parts perpendicular to the blades axis. By the photos it looks like the two halves completly enclose each bearing then screw togeather, eliminating the possibility of the grip popping off like it did in the past.
Nice upgrade. I may have to get one.... or two. (My son has a HBFP V2)
Hey again Joaquin,

Lucky son

P.S. Hopefully they have eliminated the distance inconsistancies that created problems with those [link=http://www.miracle-mart.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=80_204_234&products_id=1193&zenid=5da206ccf7a0790efdbd8e861c7c3289]ring-like push-rods[/link]
Old 01-28-2010, 11:09 PM
Tinkman

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Ya, no kidding.
I'll tell you, if they don't get it right on the money with this design it will bind so badly that the flybar won't be able to move freely. I'd be interested to hear from someone who installed one.
Do you have a link where I can get just the blade grip?

Joaquin
Old 01-28-2010, 11:24 PM
pgroom_68

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Ya, no kidding.
I'll tell you, if they don't get it right on the money with this design it will bind so badly that the flybar won't be able to move freely. I'd be interested to hear from someone who installed one.
Do you have a link where I can get just the blade grip?
Hey again Joaquin,

[link=http://www.miracle-mart.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=80_204_234&products_id=3960&zenid=5da206ccf7a0790efdbd8e861c7c3289]HERE[/link] you go

P.S. The smaller pics down the right say "not compatible" with what I have got. I'll give it some more thought[sm=50_50.gif]
Old 01-29-2010, 10:01 AM
Tinkman

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Hey Peter,
I looked at the link you sent. That's a bummer because I also have the other version. In looking at the new central head design it looks like they're leaning toward a CP head. The new one has a feathering shaft. I'm guessing either they're using a design from another 350 class CP (if there is one) or they're thinking about biulding one. Maybe a HBCP?

Tinkman
Old 01-29-2010, 06:24 PM
pgroom_68

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Hey Peter,
I looked at the link you sent. That's a bummer because I also have the other version. In looking at the new central head design it looks like they're leaning toward a CP head. The new one has a feathering shaft. I'm guessing either they're using a design from another 350 class CP (if there is one) or they're thinking about biulding one. Maybe a HBCP?
Hey again Joaquin,

Agreed. You would be another pioneer in the area if you did! I have always thought that a high head speed is the secret to flying with the wind making no diff to the heli, for this you would need a CP head, but unfortunately I won't be building a HBCP along with Although the thought of having hard & soft compound rubber o-ring sounds like a nice option - then your flying-style could be catered for also.......[sm=50_50.gif]

Old 02-07-2010, 05:20 PM
clp.eng
My Feedback: (10)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Hey guys!

I just bought a HB FP V2 & have been enjoying it. The motor gets really hot & I assume it won't last long. Have any of you gone bl yet? Main and/or tail?

I found the specs for the 370SD but I'm not sure how to translate them into BL specs. So I'm not sure what motor to buy. One site had a motor for 300 class helis but all the reviews were from people who put then on 250 class helis.

Any thought or links will be appreciated.

Chuck
Old 02-08-2010, 01:21 AM
pgroom_68

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

ORIGINAL: clp.eng
Hey guys!
I just bought a HB FP V2 & have been enjoying it. The motor gets really hot & I assume it won't last long. Have any of you gone bl yet? Main and/or tail?
I found the specs for the 370SD but I'm not sure how to translate them into BL specs. So I'm not sure what motor to buy. One site had a motor for 300 class helis but all the reviews were from people who put then on 250 class helis.
Any thought or links will be appreciated.
Hey & welcome Chuck,

It is a nice bird - but a little bit squirrily until you get used to it! Look on the bright side though - if you can master the HBFPv2 you can fly nearly anything......!!
The tail motor is the one that gets really warm on mine - or rather did - until I bought [link=http://home.earthlink.net/~joaquintinker/tail_motor_heat_sink2.htm]THIS[/link] heatsink that only fits the Xtreme DD tail motor!!
Now to your Qs:
No I haven't gone BL yet - for three reasons. 1. I have another [link=http://www.miracle-mart.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=80_204_234&products_id=3037]BRUSHED DD tail ready pack[/link] ready to be installed WHEN (and if) the tail motor shows signs of weakening & an [link=http://www.miracle-mart.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=80_204_234&products_id=2138]Extreme 380[/link] BRUSHED to try (as an experiment) when the main starts dying; 2. I have five projects already on the "boil" - including a BL & Boardless (separates) mod for the coaxial Big Lama; & 3. I was waiting for someone else to suggest specs that they found worked well.........

Try [link=http://www.rtf-heli.com/ESKYHBFPV2.html]THIS[/link] site for information and a totally BL upgrade set - Dane offers some really good products - albiet a little expensive sometimes - but overall he has some great upgrades.........
I don't know the specs of his BL motors, esc & converters - maybe you could be a pioneer also[sm=49_49.gif]

Old 02-08-2010, 08:48 AM
clp.eng
My Feedback: (10)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Peter - thanks for the welcome.

My main motor was the one that gets hot. The tail isn't bad. I removed a little plastic from the frame near the bottom of the main motor so the original heatsink would move all the way to the bottom & touch the frame. Then I added a second heatsink which just clears the vent holes near the top. I also added heatsink compound. I'm sure the temp dropped some with all this but it's still hot.

I found a brushed to brushless converter (plugs in, no mods to the 4-n-1) I'm going to order but I was waiting until I figure out which main BL motor to put in it.

Thanks for all the links. I will check them out. Any reason NOT to make the tail motor BL? I'm assuming the DD is a brushed motor as well.

Actually I'm finding this FP to be pretty stable (for an FP!). It has a bit of a tail wag with a fresh batt & every once in a while the tail kicks out. I just put some SuperBlades on it & I'm going to try those today.

Chuck
Old 02-09-2010, 01:25 AM
pgroom_68

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

ORIGINAL: clp.eng
Peter - thanks for the welcome.
My main motor was the one that gets hot. The tail isn't bad. I removed a little plastic from the frame near the bottom of the main motor so the original heatsink would move all the way to the bottom & touch the frame. Then I added a second heatsink which just clears the vent holes near the top. I also added heatsink compound. I'm sure the temp dropped some with all this but it's still hot.
I found a brushed to brushless converter (plugs in, no mods to the 4-n-1) I'm going to order but I was waiting until I figure out which main BL motor to put in it.
Thanks for all the links. I will check them out. Any reason NOT to make the tail motor BL? I'm assuming the DD is a brushed motor as well.
Actually I'm finding this FP to be pretty stable (for an FP!). It has a bit of a tail wag with a fresh batt & every once in a while the tail kicks out. I just put some SuperBlades on it & I'm going to try those today.
Hey again Chuck,

I've just ordered a pair of SuperBlades XP (from an Aussie supplier) as well. I had SuperBlades EZ on my bird and trimmed the ends and trailing edge (according to the underside lines) a while ago - found them, well, "super"

You are correct about the [link=http://www.miracle-mart.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=80_204_234&products_id=3037]Xtreme DD tail motor[/link] - it is BRUSHED......

As I haven't installed a [link=http://www.rtf-heli.com/ESKYHBFPV2.html]Totally BL system[/link] (incorporating a BL tail motor ) I can't tell you how it behaves - sorry!

On the bright side I am running from RTF-Heli: the metal swashplate, the metal Paddle Control frame, the ON/OFF power push-button switch, as well as a [link=http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idProduct=9164]Turnigy 1000mAh 3S 25C Lipo Pack[/link]

P.S. I have heard of someone else trimming the bottom fin off one heatsink to let it fit on the main motor as you described - but I have not found it necessary as my main motor just gets warm with one heatsink! I'm concerned that your gear mesh may be so tight that the binding is heating up your main motor[sm=50_50.gif] Might be worth checking the mesh........[sm=wink_smile.gif]
P.P.S. If you don't know how I will post my method.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Tr49110.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	76.8 KB
ID:	1374881  
Old 02-09-2010, 07:50 AM
joeyhatch11

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Yeah I'd say you have a slight binding issue with the gears. I have a stock v2 with SuperBlades XP's and I fly pack after pack. No heat issues and not motor failures........yet. I've probably put 30 packs through it so far and everything seems awsome. I too was thinking of upgrading to a BL system but due to the weight of the heli and it's simple design, I personal think if would be a waste of money. I did however consider getting the new Walkera U-fly. BL main motor and a shaft driven tail, I've heard nothing but good things about that heli. I just recently bought the 4#6 to fly around at work in my shop bays. Tons of fun and 100% stable. The 4#6 is BL with a shaft driven tail. I cant get over how well the tail tolds on something so small. But anyway, leaving the stock motor in or simply upgrading to the Xtreme motor and throwing a DD tail system in the v2 would seems plenty good for this FP heli. Just my $.02

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service