Community
Search
Notices
Esky Helicopters Discuss the line of Esky electric helis in here including the Honey Bee, Lama, Belt CP, etc

New Honey Bee FP V2

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2010, 01:53 AM
pgroom_68

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New Honey Bee FP V2

ORIGINAL: 46u
ORIGINAL: clp.eng
46u - I've been flying the HB FP V2 for a couple of weeks now. Usually I have to give a little rudder trim after the 1st minute or so, but after that it's pretty stable. I haven't touch the 4n1 since I got it. I usually fly 2 packs one after the other & I wll still need a little trim with the new pack. My msR is the pretty much the same.
I have over 100 flights on my MSR and most times takes small trim adjustments at the being and then some times it takes a lot. A few times out of over 100 flights I have had to even go in to the sub trim but only a couple of times. The stock HB FP V2 does not even have a sub trim so it it is not with in range you have to adjust the linkage. I am going to get a larger FP not sure if I am going to get the HB FP V2 or the Walker CB180D. Any one here own both? Thanks guys for the input.
Hey again Chuck,

Sorry I'm late!

I own both the HBFPv2 & the Walkera CB180D - and I would like to say buy both....... This is not to drum up business for the owners of on-line shops, but because I find that they behave so differently IMO that the only similarity is that they are both a FP bird! {Apart from their size difference - the CB180D "feels" quite a bit smaller than the HBFPv2}
For example (and there are many to choose from - my HBFPv2 with all the metal stuff - but an original tail motor and running the Superblades XP is still a bit squirrily IN HOVER when compared to the more stable Walkera. I haven't as yet needed to adjust the pot on the 4in1 on the walkera for the sensitivity of servos - to increase the servo throw, but when I do (soon) I will probably see it moving more unstable - towards the HBFPv2 feel. Does any of this make sense to you?[sm=wink_smile.gif] I can fly both birds fairly well both indoors, and outdoors on a totally windless day.

Feel free to ask any specific questions - and I will try to compare for you...........[sm=49_49.gif]

Peter[sm=shades_smile.gif]
P.S. I have also read that I can change out [link=http://rchobby.com.au/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=164]Walkera 5#10 flybar weights[/link] (you can probably get them nearer to you) that will just screw straight onto the ends of the CB180D flybar giving less authority>less stability>more maneuverability..........
P.P.S. If you are considering the CB180D as a tutoring tool for your grandson, my advice is to get the Walkera CB180D as mine was more stable out of the box[sm=thumbs_up.gif] than my HBFPv2 is (even now)............BUT when your grandson gets better at control you will want to transfer to the HBFPv2 - see why I said "BOTH"??
(in the pic below my HBFPv2 was running the Superblades EZ)
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Qo40313.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	98.9 KB
ID:	1389084  
Old 03-02-2010, 08:16 PM
clp.eng
My Feedback: (10)

Peter - I can see why you say the Walkera feels more stable - the 45° flybar! Gary at SuperSkids bought a 180 clone & has been modifying it to get better flight from it.

Well I praised one vendor, it's time to "bash" another = ehirobo! Took six days to pull & ship my order with everything in stock. Being in HK it will take at least 2 weeks to get here. Not good service!

I really want to get the BL motor in the FP. It was boiling hot again & caused the batteries to get hot as well.

However, I did manage to hover nose right for the whole 8 minutes & almost that long with nose left. I know it sounds boring (& it is) but I feel if I can lick the three orientations I will have a fair chance of doing well with FF & circles & .... We'll see. I think nose in is going to take awhile & I might put the training wheels back on for that for awhile.

Chuck
Old 03-02-2010, 08:18 PM
46u
My Feedback: (3)

No wonder unemployment is so high in the USA!
Old 03-02-2010, 10:54 PM
Tinkman

Hey again Peter,
I was just looking at the picture ofyour Walkera. What am I looking at? Where are the flybar paddles? I see the short flybar and weights, but no paddles. Interesting!
On another note, I uploaded a video of me goofing around last november during our annual Thanksgiving campout. We were seeing how well the HB would fly with some weight attached. One thing led to another and next thing you know I'm trying to pick stuff up and set them down. I wasn't real successfull, but I had allot of fun.
Those key FOB cameras haven't shown up yet. I'm waiting paitiently, and am eager to try them out.
Enjoy the video...

Joaquin

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nkvvV9vJOOs[/youtube]
Old 03-02-2010, 11:13 PM
dknovick

I really want to get the BL motor in the FP. It was boiling hot again & caused the batteries to get hot as well.

However, I did manage to hover nose right for the whole 8 minutes & almost that long with nose left. I know it sounds boring (& it is) but I feel if I can lick the three orientations I will have a fair chance of doing well with FF & circles & .... We'll see. I think nose in is going to take awhile & I might put the training wheels back on for that for awhile.

Chuck
Man, sounds like there something else going on with your motor.

Nice hovering! Radd has got some training for nose in that I started with (I know you didn't have too much luck using Radd's for hovering). You'll get it, I know it will feel slow, but if you can hold off with FF until nose-in, things will progress much faster afterwards. It's always nice to feel confident in all orientations, so you don't "freak out" when something weird happens.

-Dave

Old 03-03-2010, 02:22 AM
ehirobo ehirobo

Sorry Chuck: We had a little delay for the orders we had during our Chinese New Year holiday. It is all clear now and thing should be back to normal. Sorry for the inconvenience caused.........
Old 03-03-2010, 08:45 AM
pgroom_68

ORIGINAL: Tinkman
Hey again Peter,
I was just looking at the picture of your Walkera. What am I looking at? Where are the flybar paddles? I see the short flybar and weights, but no paddles. Interesting!
On another note, I uploaded a video of me goofing around last november during our annual Thanksgiving campout. We were seeing how well the HB would fly with some weight attached. One thing led to another and next thing you know I'm trying to pick stuff up and set them down. I wasn't real successfull, but I had allot of fun.
Those key FOB cameras haven't shown up yet. I'm waiting paitiently, and am eager to try them out.
Enjoy the video...
Hey again Joaquin,

Nice flying mate! Who's the idiot - er - "very trusting soul" with the video camera? Unhooking the sling from around the skid is not what I would do on a flying bird....... All in all it looked like a very fun day

Re. My [link=http://www.besthobbysite.com/shop/product_info.php?cPath=150_152&products_id=12592]Walkera CB180D[/link] (that is a clearer picture) It doesn't have paddles - only rounded weights screwed onto the ends of the flybar. Gary (President of Super-skids.com) was gonna have a go adding some paddles to it to see how it behaves......... A lot of the smaller birds doen't have paddles - only weights - and I have found out that the weights from a Walkera 5#10 are a reduced weight/straight swap that I can use to lower flybar authority making it less stable/more maneuverable, so I've added that to my list of things to try.........[sm=49_49.gif]

Hey again Chuck,

I also agree that it sounds like there is more going on to create that much heat! Could it be a binding issue or tight mesh that is causing your overheating motor........ It would be a pity to replace the motor and find that the heat issues remain[]

P.S. Thanks again for posting a video Joaquin[sm=thumbs_up.gif]
Old 03-03-2010, 01:16 PM
clp.eng

joaquin - you got it real bad if you brought a heli on vacation! Great vid, thanks! Interesting challenge, I'll need to remember that excercise when I'm better!

dave - I'm not proud, I'll look at Radd's again, anything that might help! I need to move it around a bit in each orientation as I've seen how perspective has a big effect on control, at least to my brain! LOL

peter - it is a new motor leftover from my Walkera 4-1. I checked the mesh a couple of times. Though I did have an incident & didn't check after that, think I better. The motor was only warm the first 10 packs or so. It started getting hot this last 2 packs.

Chuck

Old 03-03-2010, 04:34 PM
pgroom_68

peter - it is a new motor leftover from my Walkera 4-1. I checked the mesh a couple of times. Though I did have an incident & didn't check after that, think I better. The motor was only warm the first 10 packs or so. It started getting hot this last 2 packs.
Hey again Chuck,

Was the motor that you ordered an Xtreme 380? If so, it combined with two heatsinks might help then! The 370 is not [sm=72_72.gif]supposed to get so hot I would search and think about the factors that affect your prob a lot interim..........[sm=50_50.gif]

P.S. Eg. order an 11T pinion to eliminate any discrepancies with that from the equation - it is a cheap fix.....[sm=wink_smile.gif]
Old 03-03-2010, 07:18 PM
dknovick

dave - I'm not proud, I'll look at Radd's again, anything that might help! I need to move it around a bit in each orientation as I've seen how perspective has a big effect on control, at least to my brain! LOL
True for anyone, I think! Use whatever works!

Motor: Maybe check the connections, increased resistance may cause a rise in temp. in the motor.

-Dave

Old 03-03-2010, 11:17 PM
Tinkman

Hey Guys,
Thanks for the kind words on the video. I had allot of fun that day.
The "trusting soul" is my brother. He's the one who fashioned the wooden box with the hook. Eariler in the day he had made a miniature stokes basket (rescue basket) out of a champagne bail! (left over from the mimosas!)It looked really cool but it was too light and ended up blowing around too much.

Chuck,
Yes, I admit, I've got it real bad... I try to fly at least once every day, either a heli or the sim. If it's good weather, the Belt CP. Bad weather or windy, the HB at the shop. If everything's busted.... the sim!

By the way Peter, I don't know if I mentioned it or not but I went ahead and bought ClearView. Wow! I'm likeing it! I read one of your posts somewhere about it and decided to give it a try. I'm hooked.

Joaquin
Old 03-04-2010, 03:29 AM
pgroom_68

By the way Peter, I don't know if I mentioned it or not but I went ahead and bought ClearView. Wow! I'm likeing it! I read one of your posts somewhere about it and decided to give it a try. I'm hooked.
Hey again Joaquin,

We seem to be "chasing each other around" RCUniverse.com ATM No, I didn't know you had Clearview! Try switching on "Show Radio Tx" AND "Closeup camera on" - both under SETTINGS (the 8th & 11th menu item down respectively) and then flying the Honeybee King 2 model @ Hidden Mountain...... These are my favourite settings, model & landscape

Old 03-04-2010, 10:01 AM
Tinkman

Hey Peter,
I don't have the Hidden Mountain landscape. Where did you get it?

Joaquin

BTW,
I recorded a flight with the radio on. When I played it back I couldn't believe how much stick movement there was. I guess after a while you don't even think about it!
Old 03-04-2010, 01:55 PM
clp.eng

ehirobo - thanks for the explanation. That would have been good information to put in one of the emails you sent acknowledging the order.

Well, doggone, the motor got hot yesterday because today it died 1/2 way through pack 1 today , at least I hope it was the motor & not the ESC! I have one more Walkera 370 motor left. If I don't get the BL parts soon I'll be grounded. Of course, I'm not sure the BL motor will work & if it doesn't I'll order a bunch of HB replacement motors!

The head spins freely & I can't feel any binding, the wires are fairly cool but since they run right down the heatsinks, it's hard to tell. Since this is the 2nd motor I did the soldering, unless there's something going on in the 4n1. I don't know....

I have FSOne and the helis are pretty uncontrollable. Someday I have to sit down & try to tune up the Tx settings & see if I can calm them down. The plank I fly is pretty close to my real one.

It's always something!

Chuck
Old 03-04-2010, 11:21 PM
pgroom_68

Hey Peter,
I don't have the Hidden Mountain landscape. Where did you get it?
BTW,
I recorded a flight with the radio on. When I played it back I couldn't believe how much stick movement there was. I guess after a while you don't even think about it!
Hey again Joaquin,

Yip. Agreed - I was also surprised I have since found out (by trial & error) that ANYONE'S RECORDING can have the sticks viewed - whether they were turned on during the recording or not! This was really benefitial when I viewed Brendon's Blade400 flight (that he recorded a year ago & uploaded to his FREE account on [link=http://www.mediafire.com/myfiles.php]Mediafire[/link] and PMed me a link) It meant that I could view all the stick inputs that he made while doing kaos & tail-in funnels that meant that I could try them too.......

There are many landscapes and extra models [link=http://my.att.net/p/s/community.dll?ep=87&subpageid=314205&ck=]HERE[/link] - on the RHS of page click "simulator landscapes", and Hidden Mountain was one of those (I just went there again & the sods have removed it as an option) I also downloaded Phoenixville Refinery for precision flying (they are free[sm=wink_smile.gif]).

Old 03-04-2010, 11:27 PM
pgroom_68

ehirobo - thanks for the explanation. That would have been good information to put in one of the emails you sent acknowledging the order.
Well, doggone, the motor got hot yesterday because today it died 1/2 way through pack 1 today , at least I hope it was the motor & not the ESC! I have one more Walkera 370 motor left. If I don't get the BL parts soon I'll be grounded. Of course, I'm not sure the BL motor will work & if it doesn't I'll order a bunch of HB replacement motors!
The head spins freely & I can't feel any binding, the wires are fairly cool but since they run right down the heatsinks, it's hard to tell. Since this is the 2nd motor I did the soldering, unless there's something going on in the 4n1. I don't know....
I have FSOne and the helis are pretty uncontrollable. Someday I have to sit down & try to tune up the Tx settings & see if I can calm them down. The plank I fly is pretty close to my real one.
It's always something!
Hey again Chuck,

You're right there. It IS always something - but don't let that deter you any from enjoyment
You're thinking along the right lines - hope you get it solved soon..........
Do you have access to another 4in1 you could substitute for a while to see if it improves?

P.S. Which BL motor, ESC & converter did you order?? Do you have a link?
Old 03-04-2010, 11:28 PM
Tinkman

Hey Peter,
I found the landscapes. There was a link at the ClearView site. I also DL the lake addin. Really cool looking.
I hadn't tried flying the King 2. It seems a little more docile than the Belt CP which I've been practicing on allot. I may just check out the flight recording you mentioned. Not that I'll be able to do any of that any time soon, but I'd be really interested to see how it's done.
Thanks for the info.

Joaquin
Old 03-05-2010, 07:25 AM
joeyhatch11

Hey guys I need some help. I was out flying yesterday, when the wind got a hold of my heli and I had a not so nice landing. I cracked the frame all to hell and I'm in need of a new one ASAP. It seems that every place I look on line there sold out and there are no ETA's on when they'll be back in stock. If anyone here on the forums has a spare frame for there HBFP v2 that your willing to sell please PM me. At the same time if you guys come accross a site that shows they have them in stock please post so I can get one on order. Thanks, Joe
Old 03-05-2010, 01:51 PM
clp.eng

joe - I checked the few places I know & they were all OOS! This heli must be a hot seller.

Peter - i have the most fun trying to fly these things, I'm not big on hopups, repairing, etc. Yea, I know wrong hobby! LOL

I'd rather not say about what I ordered yet as I'm not sure it will work & don't want to steer anyone badly! I will however share the info if it works or not once I try it! I'm kinda' doing my own thing because all the BL conversions I've seen were really performance boosts which required the DD tail. I'm looking to keep this cheap, easy and to keep the performace as close to stock as possible. It's pretty docile & stable as it is & I'd like to keep it that way until I actually learn to fly it!

Heck, if I feel the need for speed, I can take out the 450 & crash that! lol

Chuck
Old 03-05-2010, 01:59 PM
joeyhatch11

I found what I was looking for on esky-heli.com only thing thats sucks is the wait. But they were the only ones who had all parts in stock. But thanks though. Joe
Old 03-05-2010, 11:22 PM
pgroom_68

joe - I checked the few places I know & they were all OOS! This heli must be a hot seller.
Peter - i have the most fun trying to fly these things, I'm not big on hopups, repairing, etc. Yea, I know wrong hobby! LOL
I'd rather not say about what I ordered yet as I'm not sure it will work & don't want to steer anyone badly! I will however share the info if it works or not once I try it! I'm kinda' doing my own thing because all the BL conversions I've seen were really performance boosts which required the DD tail. I'm looking to keep this cheap, easy and to keep the performace as close to stock as possible. It's pretty docile & stable as it is & I'd like to keep it that way until I actually learn to fly it!
Heck, if I feel the need for speed, I can take out the 450 & crash that! lol
Hey again Chuck,

I respect that & won't keep pestering you for a link to your upgrade then. All I ask is that when you do finally get it installed you keep a mental note of how it behaves so you can tell us later - good or bad - it is all a learning process that we want to hear about.......

P.S. Hey again Joe, glad you found a frame OK - 'cause I only have one spare and it would take a long time to ship to you from here[sm=wink_smile.gif]
Old 03-06-2010, 07:17 AM
joeyhatch11

Thank you though. Now Im just playing the waiting game. I'm thinking while I'm putting the new frame together to do that mod on the 4-in-1 so I can apply my own Gyro to the heli. Seems simple enough and I am good with a solider gun. I'll let you guys know how it turns out.
Old 03-06-2010, 08:20 PM
clp.eng

peter - I promise as soon as I learn anything I'll share it here 1st! But d@mn another week & still no ESC. I've got my little test setup ready to go, too.

joe - good luck on the patience, I've got none!

Keep an eye on Xheli as they just sent me an email apologizing for being out of stock so often & they are going to get a bigger warehouse & hire more people!

I got the last Walkera motor mounted this morning & "reverse" broke it in - ran it the other way for 1.5 hrs. I went totest it under load & the Tx batts were dying & wouldn't connect to the HB! I have some rechargeables on the charger now but it takes 15 hrs. IT'S ALWAYS SOMETHING!! Test flight tomorrow, maybe even outside it was 40°F today.

In case anybody is wondering how I know when to stop flying besides the motor burning out! LOL, here's a pic.

Chuck
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Wu59671.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	118.9 KB
ID:	1392366  
Old 03-06-2010, 09:10 PM
pgroom_68

peter - I promise as soon as I learn anything I'll share it here 1st! But d@mn another week & still no ESC. I've got my little test setup ready to go, too.
joe - good luck on the patience, I've got none!
Keep an eye on Xheli as they just sent me an email apologizing for being out of stock so often & they are going to get a bigger warehouse & hire more people!
I got the last Walkera motor mounted this morning & ''reverse'' broke it in - ran it the other way for 1.5 hrs. I went totest it under load & the Tx batts were dying & wouldn't connect to the HB! I have some rechargeables on the charger now but it takes 15 hrs. IT'S ALWAYS SOMETHING!! Test flight tomorrow, maybe even outside it was 40°F today.
In case anybody is wondering how I know when to stop flying besides the motor burning out! LOL, here's a pic.
Hey again Chuck,

That reminds me of Simon's ("the Brit") Tx on the Big Lama thread - he uses a kitchen timer to know when to land - and only tries for 6 minute flights. But he has a BL & boardless (separates) setup - which means he can just land, remove a lipo, replace it with another and take off again - no waiting! Therefore he doesn't need to get any more flight times out of one lipo (and risk killing it)......
I have tried to follow his lead with the BL & boardless setup also - but a major hickup with the ESCs has set me back a while[]

P.S. While benchtesting I plugged in the lipo and killed them both - they were set for 3.7V at that stage I think........ More on order
Old 03-10-2010, 09:52 AM
Tinkman

Hey Guys,
Does anyone here know if you can use a Futaba Tx with an ESky Rx? I'm looking into buying a 7ch Futaba and was wondering if I'm going to needa new Rx for each birdor not.

Joaquin

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.