Community
Search
Notices
Esky Helicopters Discuss the line of Esky electric helis in here including the Honey Bee, Lama, Belt CP, etc

New Honey Bee FP V2

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2010, 11:06 AM
clp.eng
My Feedback: (10)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New Honey Bee FP V2

If anybody's looking for a Honey Bee FP V2, go [link=http://www.rcuniverse.com/market/item.cfm?itemid=634380&electric=0]here.[/link]

Chuck
Old 05-19-2010, 12:40 AM
Kelownan
My Feedback: (1)

Well, tried out my superblades today,

Spun it up and wow, its so light and floaty, only thing im which is driving me a little batty is - out of the box
they tracked perfectly but the first knock put them out by about 10 mil and i cant figgure how to get them back.

with the stock blades that was easy but Superblades XP is well, less than pliable.
Old 05-19-2010, 07:04 AM
pgroom_68

ORIGINAL: Kelownan
Well, tried out my superblades today,
Spun it up and wow, its so light and floaty, only thing im which is driving me a little batty is - out of the box
they tracked perfectly but the first knock put them out by about 10 mil and i cant figgure how to get them back.
with the stock blades that was easy but Superblades XP is well, less than pliable.
Hey again Kel,

Wow - 10mm out of alignment! The most I managed to realign mine was about 4mm. I'm an ex-pat New Zealander - so I was "creative" It involved my wife's iron and a moist tea towel - then I sandwiched them between heavy books overnight You could try something along those lines also[sm=tongue_smile.gif] Just remember not to heat them up to much as you will denature the plastic - and I don't think Gary, the president of Super-skids.com, would like that.......[sm=49_49.gif]

Peter[sm=shades_smile.gif]
P.S. Don't remove too much blade pitch or you will temporarily get less lift (but higher head speed) - until the bends return of course![sm=wink_smile.gif]
Old 05-20-2010, 05:24 AM
Kelownan

Ok, after I've been to the Store for some new flybar paddles i will try a hot sink of water and your trusty book method
being a kiwi I'm sure i can figure it out ha ha.
Old 05-21-2010, 02:53 AM
pgroom_68

ORIGINAL: Kelownan
Ok, after I've been to the Store for some new flybar paddles i will try a hot sink of water and your trusty book method
being a kiwi I'm sure i can figure it out ha ha.
Hey again Kel,

Be sure to keep us posted

Old 05-27-2010, 03:48 PM
Disney1

Afternoon Peter, I was just noticing that the Hone Bee FP 2 apearantly dose not come with a wall wart.
Is that correct?

Thanks Ron
Old 05-28-2010, 02:55 AM
pgroom_68

ORIGINAL: Disney1
Afternoon Peter, I was just noticing that the Hone Bee FP 2 apearantly dose not come with a wall wart.
Is that correct?
Thanks
Hey again Ron,

If you are refering to the Wall adapter that powers the lipo balance charger - mine DID - all my RTF birds (both Walkera & Esky come with both of these items [sm=confused.gif] - in fact, all of the items needed to fly (RTF means that you shouldn't have to buy anything to get into the air). Staying in the air is a different matter - pilot error is my main problem and I suppose that I am not alone[sm=wink_smile.gif] - damn fences & trees...........

Old 05-28-2010, 05:53 PM
Disney1

Thanks for the answer Peter. One of the locals that I scout shawed that the HBFP A/C adaptor was optional.
Just wanted to be correct.
Thanks
Ron
Old 07-05-2010, 08:09 PM
Kelownan

Mate the only thing ive had to buy was a International plug adapter but now that i have a turnigy accucell charger i dont have any worries at all.
very good charger if you ever want one.

i just got an email about this from rc fever

[link=http://www.rc-fever.com/walkera-dragonfly-v120d01-4ch-fp-cnc-metal-flybarless-rc-helicopter-rtf-24ghz-w-wk2403-tx-3-axis-gyro-stablizing-sys-p-10825.html]flybarless fixed pitch[/link]

if it works any good it would be so cool.
Old 09-03-2010, 04:26 PM
plumnitzer

I am still with training gear, so don't laugh too loud.  Seems like after i "fly"  (almost stationary hovers) for about 5 mins or so, the heli does not respond to the right rudder.  Left rudder is responsive, but when i give it full right rudder it is basically pointing forward.  I checked the travel and i get full travel over the tail slider.

The belt does not seem loose.  For some reason i do not seem to be getting enough thrust from the tail blades to overcome the main rotor rotation.

Any suggestions?   What am I missing.
Old 09-03-2010, 04:27 PM
plumnitzer

Ignore my post.  I put it in the wrong thread.
Old 12-30-2010, 05:04 PM
hockey_man

im going to be buying one of these for my second heli along with....

Heli: Honey Bee v2 $105 If i buy from this site, does the simultor cord come with it or not becuase i see a option to add it, but on other sites it comes with? and plus this site charges the most..so idk...

Batteries: 2-3X Turnigy 1000MaH 25C $6 x 3= $18 SH= $10 Total= $28

Adaptor: JST Plugs $3 SH=$3? Total= $6

Overal Total= $139?
Old 01-07-2011, 10:39 PM
ringo11

Reading thru some of the post I felt compeled to offer my opinion based on experience with the HB V1 & V2. I would suggest leaving the aircraft in a mostly stock form. I got caught up in the upgrade fog with my HB V1 and it's just not worth the expense and hassle for the beginning pilot. Not to mention the heli didnt really fly or perform any better than the stock configuration. I would suggest the following: (1) upgrade main blades to SuperBlades XP
(2) Do the fuse mods to protect your 4 in 1. protect main motor with a 7.5 amp fuse and the tail motor with a 3 to 3.5 amp fuse. (3) I extend the battery tray so the battery can be shifted forward to attain proper CG.
Thats it, no motor exchanges, no tail mods etc. Keep it simple and cheap, thats what makes these little guy's so neat. If you want/need more aircraft then upgrade, dont waste your money trying to make the HoneyBee into something its not. Stay in the garage if its too windy, especially if your just starting out, and keep plenty of spare parts on hand so you can quickly get back to flying after a unplanned landing. Learn to properly set your aircraft up. Some good info can be attained from http://www.myrcguides.com/HBFPV2.html When you can, upgrade to a good charger. I have a Thunder AC 6 which I like very much so far. Charge Lipo's at a 1C rate( mah divided by 1000 ) . ie max charge current with these 800 mah batteries is .8 amps 800 / 1000= .8 Its important to stay within the proper voltage and current limitations for Lipo batteries, you get to far outside and you risk fire.
http://www.rchelisite.com/lipo_batte...fety_guide.php
hope this helps someone, bored must of you I know
r/
ringo11