Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > Esky Helicopters
Reload this Page >

Binding Lama or Honey Bee 2.4ghz with another TX

Community
Search
Notices
Esky Helicopters Discuss the line of Esky electric helis in here including the Honey Bee, Lama, Belt CP, etc

Binding Lama or Honey Bee 2.4ghz with another TX

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2009, 12:33 AM
k3nv

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Binding Lama or Honey Bee 2.4ghz with another TX

I think the eSky TX/RX uses GFSK. So if I have another TX that is GFSK would they bind? What is the binding process for a Lama or Honeybee? I have this Art Tech 2.4 ETC62 transmitter.
Old 09-23-2009, 01:12 AM
pgroom_68

Default RE: Binding Lama or Honey Bee 2.4ghz with another TX

Hey again k3nv,

...don't know much about GFSKs. But I have successfully used an Esky 2.4G Tx (ET6i) designed for, and supplied with my [link=http://www.miracle-mart.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=66_79&products_id=3403]Honeybee FPv2[/link] with a 2.4 Lama (ordered a replacement [link=http://www.rchelicoptershop.net/catalog/ek20708-24ghz-4in1-controller-for-lama-comanche-dauphin-p-692.html]2.4G Rx[/link] and changed out my FM Rx) a couple of weeks back, if that helps any?!
I unbound & rebound successfully for a while, then I discovered that I didn't need to undergo this rebinding process - all I have to do now is turn on the Tx, plug in the lipo of whichever model I wanna fly and it is OK. I am incapable of flying two models at once anyway.....[sm=teeth_smile.gif]

Peter[sm=shades_smile.gif]
Old 09-23-2009, 01:48 AM
k3nv

That's cool. I'm getting a honey bee v2 soon too so I want to use just 1 TX with all my helis. How do you bind the TX to the RX on the esky heli's?
Old 09-23-2009, 02:21 AM
pgroom_68

ORIGINAL: k3nv
That's cool. I'm getting a honey bee v2 soon too so I want to use just 1 TX with all my helis. How do you bind the TX to the RX on the esky heli's?
Hey again k3nv,

At first I followed these instructions each time I wanted to fly something else...

In the box is a double-sided B&W instruction page on how to unbind & rebind. Side 1 just has "arrows" to the diff. parts of your Tx and Rx, but flip to side 2 and it has 8 illustrations and says:
"Step 1 Unbinding - Switch off the Tx, power on the 4in1 controller, and then press the BINDING (spelt "Bingding button") for 1-2 seconds...LED of 4in1 flashes rapidly.
Step 2 Binding - Power off the 4in1 at first, then power of the 4in1 again.
Step 3 Switch on the Tx - the signal LED on transmitter flashes rapidly which indicates on binding now.
Step 4 4in1 signal LED flashes from slowly to rapidly, and then turns steady light, which indicates binding successfully.

Note: The Tx will send signal code within the first 3 seconds only after it is turned on. If not binding successfully after 3 seconds, please turn on the Tx again for re-binding."

The binding button is a submerged button located just above the Rx aerial on the rear face of 2.4G 4in1 (see pic below)

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Bz77091.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	95.8 KB
ID:	1280470  
Old 09-23-2009, 01:10 PM
k3nv

Thanks for the info about binding with HBv2. How about the v4 Lama? I coudlnt find it in my instruction manual.
Old 09-24-2009, 02:14 AM
pgroom_68

ORIGINAL: k3nv
Thanks for the info about binding with HBv2. How about the v4 Lama? I coudlnt find it in my instruction manual.
Hey again k3nv,

The same.

P.S. I don't have to do it now.